I've reached a limit

Ages ago (pre, and even post Sunset) I extolled the virtues of this game and its community.  When I found the emulator I was overjoyed, a blast from the past WORTH spending my time on.  In fact, there was even one month I was actually able to donate to the cause (prior to my wages getting garnished for unpaid college loans).

I survived wipes.  Most were server wide, some were fleeting moments of stupidity on my own part.  But throughout these wipes I tried to maintain the friendships I had made through this community.... and slowly I've been watching these friends disappear.  Some have left because of real world problems, some because of the backstabbing and bickering in the forums and in game.  After my last self-inflicted wipe, I was no longer in one of the big 3, and I began to notice the big 3 raid rotation debate even more than I had while I was in.  I vowed to myself that I would not even participate in a Fishbowl until this had been resolved.

... and here we are today, constant back and forth about the raid rotation has bled into topics it has no business in (Player Advocate nomination as an example), I've yet to attend a raid with my 3 mains due to my self-imposed restriction, but have gotten so bored playing them that I've even started a couple of the dreaded clone race.  Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is this:  I've got enough to deal with in the real world that I don't need to deal with this pettiness as well.  I will not wipe my toons this time, but I am indefinitely on hiatus.

It is my hope that, eventually, this community will rally together and thrive once more, until then... well I think Q said it best in Star Trek:  The Next Generation's last episode "In any case, I'll be watching.  And if you're very lucky, I'll drop by to say hello from time to time.  See you.... out there"

Edited by Stoop

Hi Stoop ,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving , I hope that thing in the futur improve

and that you make a comeback and return to enjoying the game and

the nice people who play everyday for fun.

Sometime we need  a step back and some time apart to know that we miss

something , rediscover what made it fun for one self or that it's just time to move on.

I hope you comeback and have tons of funs , if not it was nice sharing a server and

getting it supported by you and wish you luck in finding your next passion.

Thanks again and hopefully see you in the game later.

- Moulinneuf

Edited by Moulinneuf
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

The reputation is basically just an indicator aka "full of ..." or "listen, this guy is posting good stuff".

Hover his name, a popup box appears and you can chose "ignore user" from there.

This is basically the permission control.

There are still users which WANT to read bad-reputation postings - and if it's just for the popcorn effect...

PS.:

Mods/Staff become involved when rules are violated.

I have to agree with Cimbad.  Flamingpanda, If you continue to "bash" the game; making negative comments about in game features or mechanics "will not" change those game features and mechanics to what you desire them to be.  Simply put and as Cimbad said, if you don't like the game enough to enjoy the experience and make friends along the way, then just take your leave of the game so the rest of us can enjoy it.

Edited by DaggerDX
  • Upvote 3

I'm mostly in the same frame of mind as cimbad, DaggerDx and Unicorn but.... I hate to see anyone leave the game.   I'm thinking that there must be some way to get through to this player... I think the raid rotation may be a thorn in his/her side, but it is the best  current solution to keep the peace.   Perhaps flamingpanda could offer some alternatives? And if we kept an open mind we could listen to his/her ideas.  

Sadly I don't think that the open mind idea would go one direction, but who knows???? 

So...

What's bugging you flmingpanda? can/will you articulate those gripes in an orderly manner?  Will you then listen to the counter ideas?  We don't have to agree but we do have to be civil.  

Ball is in your court...

Mim

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lactra said:

Hear,Hear, Cimbad If the eucalyptus leaf eater does not like it then leave!

I think you are thinking of the Koala Bear...Panda's eat bamboo.

Just saying,

Mim

• Upvote 1