Login hang at galaxy load screen

Hey everyone,

Was looking to dive into the nostalgia of my first MMO, but ran into some issues. I have worked through most of them by searching the forum for fixes and following some great guides from the community. I have run into the issue where the client hangs at the load screen directly after logging into a character. It hangs at the galaxy map image and after about 10 minutes the client drops back to in-game login (Megan login). This happens for all accounts/characters and even if I fire up two separate client instances. They both sit at this load screen simultaneously. I have found some posts about this issue, but none of the fixes have resolved the problem. I can not seem to tweak my way through this one. I listed some of the things implemented.

Environment is Win10

LaunchNet7 v535

- Started completely over with fresh install (new directories used and all previous files deleted)

- All .exe's set to "Run as Administrator"  (I also right-click and run all shortcuts when starting the game)

- I also set all .exe's to run in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode as a test, but it had no effect so I reversed the change (It caused slower graphics rendering)

- Windows firewall is disabled for all three profiles and I have no other local firewall/security software

- I cleared all the th6 files (had no effect)

- I deleted the Net7Proxy.exe file and used "Reset Updates" and "Check for Updates" (But, the client did not replace the files, so I put the file back)

- I have enabled/disabled the optimization and prototype reorder settings with no luck (client enables them by default)

- Someone said to run the Net7Proxy, but that just gives the "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt"

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but that the gist of it. I have as part of my testing loaded two instances of the game. I use the Net7MultiClientunlocker to avoid the already running message. I have seen the same behavior when doing that.

Any help would be appreciated!

Half of these are bad ideas to begin with and have never actually fixed anyone's problem, I would think. We do not recommend EVER turning off a firewall or antivirus, just add exceptions for our software to those systems if you encounter issues. The main reason you would in this case is because they are unsigned code.

The TH6 files or the actual map itself are the usual culprits for this kind of an issue. So here's what I recommend as a next step:

• In LaunchNet7's main folder, there is a subfolder 'Database', default install path C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\database, remove the GalaxyMap.dat file
  • Tell the launcher system to reset updates, and let it download again.
  • On next launch, tick the box to to delete TH6 files, and also what are the rest of the settings on this page of the Launcher before you click play? Depending on MTU of your given router (most default to 1500 these days) we may need specific settings.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Thanks for the reply, Kyp.

I agree. Much of this is a mass attempt to see if I can cause a change of behavior that leads to the solution. At that point, I will reverse items that turn out to not be related (AKA firewall tweaking). IPv6 and IPv4 tweaking already came and went per that philosophy.

I will give you suggestions a try this week and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Mike

After your recommendation and a few other tweaks I had in mind the game is logging in and running great. Thanks for the help!   And thanks so much for giving us all the opportunity to relive EnB!  

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar albeit somewhat different issue, I play for a few minutes and after 2 zone changes I get stuck on the loading screen in an infinite load screen ( last one lasted ages) tried the solution in the second post here and now I cant get the update to restore the files.

• 2 weeks later...

All I could say is post a video, if you're doing what I indicated it will download everything that's on our patch server, so something is either not configured right or something's being misunderstood.