Mimir

Advocate Election poll

Advocate Election poll   20 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. 1. The new advocate I want to see in the position is...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

This is for the advocate election. It will end at 6pm next Sunday. The person obtaining the most support at that time will become the new player advocate.

flamingpanda

Did you want your name added?

is this an election with only one candidate? just saying

8 hours ago, dramaking said:

is this an election with only one candidate? just saying

We tried... and tried... and tried...I suggested we just give it to the INTERESTED party but that caused an uproar. Another couple of players were nominated but declined.  I felt in keeping with the tradition we could hold the election with one INTERESTED player.  If anyone wanted on the ballot they could write in their name, as you see there were no takers.

Sad but true....

Just saying,

Mim   

i think there should have been a anouncement ingame like a banner that says there will be nominations for player advocate or something to that matter...sadly many players dont read the fourms

5 hours ago, cimbad said:

i think there should have been a anouncement ingame like a banner that says there will be nominations for player advocate or something to that matter...sadly many players dont read the fourms

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day before the end of this? And NOW you make this suggestion? How about you take care of this and we can start over tomorrow? All yours former ADV.

I quit, done...finished... 

Make it so

Beam me up Scotty

P.S. Where in game do you suggest a banner? 

P.P.S.  In looking at some of the old elections this is only light by 10 votes... seems a PIB to postpone this yet again!

what you have to ask yourselves , Is a advocate that has clearly shown himself to be heavily biased and want to do things a lot of the GAME population (not forum we all know the forums are mostly populated by the minority more hardcore players usually static BI and VGE) Hence the forums relative activeness, Is this really better then no advocate at all really ? Are we THAT desperate?

The login numbers were struggling to get above 100 most of yesterday and are currently at 50 now , That's a Saturday and Sunday ?, It is summer now , But the winter numbers were no better this year or last?

Do we really want to make things worse ? Really , Find someone suitable or this advocate election will be decided by really low voter turnout , As people will remain uninterested in the game , Things need to start heading a new direction not the same old from the same group.

No doubt some will get mad at this post some will find away to make personal attacks.

But the thing is its been the same group in the community for a good few years with a vision - The vision hasn't worked - No matter how you shape it , It hasn't there are far less players then there were, And the population continues to decline , You cant keep doing the same equation and expect the result to change , Continuing down this path only ends one way , You've had this proven to you irrefutably over and over for the last multiple years with the population count.

Pushing advocates in that agree with your minority view , May quieten the nay Sayers but it won't be your silver bullet the end result will remain the same, A change of direction is undeniably needed , To name a few areas

The rotation /The raid system in general

Multi boxing

Class/race balance

The way building works 

The economy (or lack of)

Missions need to be more worthwhile and more obvious 

If the game doesnt stop boxing there needs to be a way to protect new players from the negative impact of boxing , Not sure how to do this , But boxing is extremely harmful to new players for a few reasons.

Thats not all but I'm sure your all aware of the problems.

Edited by flamingpanda

flamingpanda

Again why here? why now? 

By mentioning advocate 3 times in a wall of text does not a vote/nomination/write in make... yes I dinged you.  I HAD been undinging various posts but really think that you just want to collect the most dings in the history of the emu...

LOL good start.

Dings mean nothing when its the same few making the dings , forum population, My post was highly relevant , You cant have an election with one unsuitable person standing 

Thats not democracy its communism but actually it kinda fits.

1 hour ago, flamingpanda said:

Dings mean nothing when its the same few making the dings , forum population, My post was highly relevant , You cant have an election with one unsuitable person standing 

I asked you to step up.. It seems you have strong feelings about it, but lack the interest to do anything about it, well... more than complain that is.  

Pop your name in the vote next time around, or nominate someone you think will do a good job (for us all).   

Sometimes we must accept someone, anyone who wants to do the right thing... even if there is no one else to step up to the plate.  

Would you prefer we go unrepresented?   

Just asking,

Mim

I think the poll is over.  What next Kyp?

Grats Mouli

14 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

OK dead horse but..... read your history books, take a look next time you hit an election in whatever country you live in.  There are many many positions where there is only one candidate running for a particular office.  

The EMU is not a nuclear treaty. For you to make a ridiculous comparison to communism makes me think you just may be a lot younger than you try to make us think you are.   

As diplomatic as I can be,

Mim

Can we have a recount to be sure, and what about Russian hacking and vote rigging?

I recounted the ballots.  I found one for an Newman, Alfred E but when contacted all he said was ...What me worry.  Was thinking about "I am Groot" so I took it as "I decline."

So Mouli looks like the clear winner of this one horse race.  Can we lock this thread and give Mouli his ADV hat and wand?  

^ you should .

I could write a long post, But I'll keep it short

In the long run more will leave

As i said before you can't keep doing the same equation and expect the result to change 5 years is a long enough sample to know the equation isn't working.