Raid Rotation

Panda, that's just the sort of answer one might expect from a known troll and a whiner. The truth is that I'm fairly indifferent to the whole thing. Why don't you try asking someone what they think instead of trolling every response that comes along. My test was valid. I voted on Mozilla, Checked and tested it on chrome. Both on the same machine.

Prre, that's too damn funny. :)

Edited by Overtkill
  • Downvote 1

Yeah you are correct different browsers let you poll again. LOL just tried it well that ain't anti troll proof. Safari/chrome/Samsung browser each let me vote. Even with that I think still gives a bit of what majority of people think I guess. 

1 hour ago, Overtkill said:

FYI, Your poll can be easily cheated by use of multiple devices, and by having multiple browsers on the same device. I voted, then checked it with Chrome.

The bigger question should be why are you even looking on multiple browser's and devices unless it was to cheat the poll?

As for the trolling tbh I can see a few trolls on here  and panda is not one of  them, his views in this thread are as valid as anyone elses whether you agree with them or not, so why don't you lay off him a little and start acting your ages, it's not kinder garden. If you can't contribute anything constructive in the discussion then move along, there's no need for bullying.

Edited by PESTILENNCE
  • Downvote 1

As you obviously are not aware Panda, I am no longer a member of Static, and haven't been for quite some time. And unlike you, I generally try and seek the balance between all sides involved in any situation, instead of trolling, spewing hate and drama. One major cause of the loss of players. If you bothered to actually play the game you love trolling so much, you might know that.

The truth is, like so many of you I too see the population declining every year, and getting worse year after year. Consolidation might prove to better serve the population at this point. Years ago, when that was written, we had a population around 500 or more. The rotation with the public getting their own week then, was the best way of keeping the peace between huge groups of players. These days, not so much. Especially with numbers so low and raids being conducted by so few. Any honest man who isn't blind can see that perspective. The loot should be shared equally between anyone who is willing to raid for it. Fairness is fairness.

Since you must be dying to know, I voted in favor of build-able raid triggers. This would takes the argument out of everything, and people can raid at their discretion, and the drama ends. Those who work hardest to work their butts off building triggers, reap all the rewards with their friends or whoever they wish.

The big question is whether or not you guys can get these other groups of players to play ball. :)

BTW, Most people would agree that Prre is a good dude. Saving you of course. But you never have anything nice to say about anything, do you?

Edited by Overtkill
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Aceonfire said:

We have yet to hear from the guild(s) that are 1 and 2 manning the raids, or not doing them at all. Is this because there just isn't anyone left and we are talking to an empty room so to say?

IMHO If they were to get involved in the discussion it would only harm their position in the rotation.  In the past few YEARS this topic has come up they have NEVER disclosed their numbers, all I have herd was "You dont know what it was like!   Every one was fighting!"  Or "If you drop the rotation all you will have is solo players multiboxing the raids!"

BS

Trigger times will be known to all, people will be waiting for the spawns, *IF* one person shows with his personal fleet and does the raid it will be seen and reported, it is a violation of the users agreement you click on each time you log in.

I am up for any raid that is announced (when I have a chance to get in game)

I hate to be negative but I have been about since all we could do was leave the station.

Nothing will change when it comes to the rotation. Sad I know  and the fact the topic brings the forum to life with the most replies does not matter ( it shows there's a problem ).

The only way it will ever change is to get 12 People with big cahonas and just shoot the triggers as intended. Other than that it's a waste of time.

On a side note perhaps we could have a gm role created from the 3 time zones that is capable of triggering a PRS raid at least once a week ( even if it's their only role) I feel that would make a huge difference and I would like to volunteer for the European time. Just a suggestion.

Edited by PESTILENNCE
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

Actually the reaction to doing a raid at a different time further proved why the rotation needs removing, They had an absolute fit because they didnt get their way one week out of a thousand, They actually believe they own the spawns , And its their way or no way at all.

Mr. Panda of Flames, who are you referring to in your post when you say "they"? Can you please elaborate with another post explaining who the "they' are.

• Upvote 4

Trigger spawn permitting, we generally try to do the public raids at a time that has the most of the public available, which happens to be early evening for US/Eastern time zone.  Sadly, that shuts out the players who are on off time zones like the Europeans and US-West coast (like me) or Asia.  Sure you can push the raid to fit your schedule, but that just makes you selfish.   Grow some flexibility.   I did...

Hi All,

This is Oorion/Executioner the Jenquai if any of you remember... I was kicking around coming back to this and playing.  When I as on retail I had one of the best Defenders in the game and would love to have that feel and play again, but reading this post I found it very discouraging that I would have zero opportunity to gear up like the old days.  Not that I NEED to be Mr. Uber, but I also want the Chance atleast to be involved while gaining an EQUAL shot at loot.  Lets face it.... we all want to be King or Queen of our own demain and when I was with Anarchy 99 we had an awesome loot system based on raid participation points that people spent to bid on loot.  This created Involvement from everyone and they also knew if the participated they could eventually get any item that was on their wish list.

If the server and commnuity are truly interested in keep this project alive and WELL, the guilds should come together as a community and act as such for the interest of ALL players.  This way perhaps more will return and or stay instead of feeling that there is no light at the end of the runnel.  Thanks for reading my 2 cents.

ScreenShot14.jpg

8 hours ago, Ravina said:

LOL nice you will take public troller as it's there turn

Your not getting the point....  no rotation = when a trigger spawns and someone notices it (and people will keep track of them) Announce it, form up groups and take it down,  there is no "Their turn"

All its going to take is for this to happen a few times and "The Rotation" will be a thing of the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gunney, I don't think you are getting the point.  The controller trigger was killed on the public's week.  If it's killed during Static's week (next week), then the rotation is definitely compromised. :)  Right now nothing has changed.  Use your brain, it's not that hard. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Blackmercenary said:

Gunney, I don't think you are getting the point.  The controller trigger was killed on the public's week.  If it's killed during Static's week (next week), then the rotation is definitely compromised. :)  Right now nothing has changed.  Use your brain, it's not that hard. :) 

Actually there were a couple Static there, one rolled on the core.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

Actually the reaction to doing a raid at a different time further proved why the rotation needs removing, They had an absolute fit because they didnt get their way one week out of a thousand, They actually believe they own the spawns , And its their way or no way at all.

6 hours ago, Zarg said:

Trigger spawn permitting, we generally try to do the public raids at a time that has the most of the public available, which happens to be early evening for US/Eastern time zone.  Sadly, that shuts out the players who are on off time zones like the Europeans and US-West coast (like me) or Asia.  Sure you can push the raid to fit your schedule, but that just makes you selfish.   Grow some flexibility.   I did...

In this yearly raid rotation topic

what was made abundantly clear in the end was the fact that the main gripe had to do with the Timezone differences of the player base and it still holds true today.

I stand by my assessment that its easier to account for this when planning raids within a more coherent group of people that form a single guild than a more loose collection of groups (guilds).

How will you account for Timezones once the rotation is dissolved? Please elaborate.

3 hours ago, Blackmercenary said:

Its funny seeing every "rebellion" start with The Controller raid, even Static did it when they decided to make a push for trigger activated raids in May 2013.

You could argue that its the easiest raid in the game and i would have to agree with you.

It also intensifies further this nagging feeling on the back of my head that "most insanely coveted Dragons Dread Mail Elite" is the driving force behind those more vocal about doing away with the raid rotation.

I know for a fact Flamingpanda/LostPink/ChaoticPW had parked there and awaited that specific raid at his time with VGE, ignoring all further invites to guild activities and preferring to hunt feathers in Cooper while getting into it with various people. I'm fairly certain that's still the case and he will probably disappear when he gets what he wants because his behavior has shown me he has no intention on helping others but himself no matter how he will try to sugarcoat it.

So it makes me wonder if the same enthusiasm will be shown for the rest of the raids in this game. Time will tell.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Oorion said:

Hi All,

This is Oorion/Executioner the Jenquai if any of you remember... I was kicking around coming back to this and playing.  When I as on retail I had one of the best Defenders in the game and would love to have that feel and play again, but reading this post I found it very discouraging that I would have zero opportunity to gear up like the old days.  Not that I NEED to be Mr. Uber, but I also want the Chance atleast to be involved while gaining an EQUAL shot at loot.  Lets face it.... we all want to be King or Queen of our own demain and when I was with Anarchy 99 we had an awesome loot system based on raid participation points that people spent to bid on loot.  This created Involvement from everyone and they also knew if the participated they could eventually get any item that was on their wish list.

If the server and commnuity are truly interested in keep this project alive and WELL, the guilds should come together as a community and act as such for the interest of ALL players.  This way perhaps more will return and or stay instead of feeling that there is no light at the end of the runnel.  Thanks for reading my 2 cents.

ScreenShot14.jpg

Heya Executioner :)  Its not all as bad it's made out to be. C'mon back and play. I believe we were in Eclypse? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, efialtis said:

It also intensifies further this nagging feeling on the back of my head that "most insanely coveted Dragons Dread Mail Elite" is the driving force behind those more vocal about doing away with the raid rotation.

I wonder if making some/all of the four time-spawned raid's loot tradeable would i) mitigate the situation and ii) be more of an easy change for the Dev's than changing the spawn timers or making the raids trigger-activated?

:unsure:

(BTW: Hi Efi!)

• Upvote 1

I miss the Game... :(

I do occasionally logon to see if my rustic broadband connection is tolerable... But even with just a single 'toon logged on, the latency on my ADSL makes gating and docking a precarious affair.

Still hopeful that a General Election, a Brexit and a de-monopolization of the UK's only ADSL provider may improve things in the not-too-distant future... But it'll be a while before I get anything like the 200Mbps Metropolitan Cable connection I used to have in the Glory Days.

Do however feel fairly confident that I'll have 1Gbps fibre-to-the-home before the issues around the Raid Rotation are resolved though.

:D

28 minutes ago, flamingpanda said:

He made the point of getting a equal shot at the loot.

This wont happen how things currently stand the little 3 are self anointed owners of 3/4 weeks of the rotation , With the public raids being carried out at precisely the same timezone every raid.

Thats not an equal shot.

Panda, just start your own guild already and take down the triggers, the rotation agreement is between the big 3 guilds, if you are not part of the agreement, you are welcome to do as you please; of course the guilds may respond, this is not meant as a threat it's just a simple fact that if you take away the big 3's reason for complacency they will get more active about camping and taking down triggers, that's actually a good thing in my opinion.  20+ toons camping Troller sounds fun...laggy...but still fun ^_^.  Don't kid yourself into thinking that because the rotation goes away that everyone is all of a sudden invited to raids.  You can expect the big 3 to show up to every Troller with full groups.  I think you forget that the public raiding rules are also a product of the rotation agreement it stands to reason those also go away without the rotation.  There are no official rules that state everyone gets to participate in a raid.  I know of only 2 requirements in the terms of service or expressed in posts by the staff: 1) you can't kill triggers knowing you can't finish the raid just to prevent others access to it 2) you can't interfere with other players' use of game content.  So, if I have 1 group of guildies camping a spawn, we kill the trigger, we own the raid at that point, everyone else can leave.  This is the harsh reality without the rotation agreement.

This isn't meant as an endorsement for the raid agreement, I'm certainly not a fan and would like to see it go away, but be realistic on what removing it will achieve; the same people will still do most of the raiding.  RD Base and DT may become more accessible, GoBB may end up the same, Troller will be completely camped by the more organized guilds, most players not in these guilds will have little access to Troller gear.

Having said all that, I still vote for anarchy as I think that would be more fun for me B)

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!!

tumblr_m4ga42ePP81r60j9b.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

We have seen what people think and this thread has gone remarkably quiet people trying to hide from it.

Panda, the big 3 guilds have no intention of breaking their agreement at this time, no amount of polls will change that.  You need to stop talking and start acting if you want to change things.

Good luck to you sir, we're all looking to see what you can do.

P.S.  Public is on DT today and on RD base starting noon EST tomorrow, try not to use them for your example, that won't have much impact.

P.P.S.  There's no need for further replies to this post, we're all tired of talking about this, if you're gonna do something just do it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1