Install help.

Hello.

I heard about this emulator of my first MMO game I loved a few years back, but decided to give it a try today.  I've gotten to part 8 on the download and install instructions.  Now my first question is when or rather where do I save 'Net-7 Unified Installer' to?  In the E&B folder or on its own folder?  I did it as its own folder (G/B)?  When I ran the Net-7 it asked for host.  Couldn't get any updates or anything so I uninstalled it thinking I goofed.  I ran the 'Earth & Beyond Configuration' and no problems there.

I loved this game back in the day even with my old crappy PC that really wasn't made for the game back then, but is nothing today.  Please help.  Cheers!

I currently use:

Windows 10 Home Edition

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.1066

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690k CPU @3.50GHz 3.50

Installed RAM 8.00GB

System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Harddrive 4TB (365GB remaining)

Save the unified installed to your desktop. It doesn't matter where it is. Once you have both it and the E&B_demo (or the original CD if you still have it), you launch the game from cd or demo using Run As Administrator. When the installation is complete, you launch the unified installer and it will locate and patch/bring it as up to date as the unified installer was (I believe I put that together in 2009 or 2010) and from there register your game accounts (happens before unified installer exits, I think) and log in, wait for patching to current and you should be in.

Unified Installer should also be right click > run as administrator. Mainly because in both cases these applications write to your registry in the HKLM hive, and that is protected by UAC if you do not have it disabled.