Evermore and his/her attitude

Ok I'm not happy at all with Evermore's messed up attitude. I complained about a mission to the New Player channel and got mostly mildly abusive opinions. But, once Evermore logged in it escalated to his/her taking offense to MY opinions as a player and supporter of the emulator. Other players jumped in and one actually used the f word yet *I'M* the one that got kicked from the server and probably banned or temp banned. REALLY? Who in their right mind does this? I'm tired of people abusing the power they have because someone doesn't agree with them. Evermore actually told me to stop crying about the mission. LOL I'm a 57 year old grandpa, I don't cry about game bugs (crap code). Evermore just pandered to the few that decided to berate me in the channel instead of letting it go or offering a helping hand, as a few did. Handofdoom, you need to keep you negative opinions to yourself. Evermore, I think it's a good thing Kyp is cutting you from the dev team. You stink and so does your attitude. Yeah, don't bother trying to help me and thereby get me to shutup about the mission, just do as you did, call me names and then kick off the server so you won't have to listen to me. Thanks for the abuse, pal. You just made the world a darker place with your hateful whining about players that don't respect you. Wow.

On a brighter note, I still think the Dev team has done a great job. I remember helping test the emulator several years ago. Amazing what you can do with some time and a few billion electrons. Kudos folks... except for you know who.

• Downvote 1

I reviewed the chat log around the time your account was adjusted. I see roughly the following:

You started talking about how you didn't like super easy, and wanted a challenge. You saw his tag after he spoke in the channel and decided to start talking about a mission and asking for a fix/solution. (Incidentally, this wouldn't be the way to report such a thing, that's why we have a bug tracker. You don't just flag down a developer and ask them to look at it because it's not tracked that way where I can follow an issue if there is one.)

As far as the "crap code", let me know if you've got skills with C++, I can certainly let you see if you can find a solution to the problem with timers, which are complex to begin with and no easier because we have to use UDP communication which is not guaranteed. It isn't as easy as people often assume it is.

So we're also clear:
"Evermore, I think it's a good thing Kyp is cutting you from the dev team. You stink and so does your attitude. Yeah, don't bother trying to help me and thereby get me to shutup about the mission, just do as you did, call me names and then kick off the server so you won't have to listen to me. Thanks for the abuse, pal. You just made the world a darker place with your hateful whining about players that don't respect you. Wow."

I'm not "cutting him from the dev team", Evermore has chosen to retire his position and is doing so. Looks to me like the mobs that came into question are there, and a quick check of the sector shows them near their spawn points as per our sector editor. The chat log doesn't support this at all. He didn't call you a name, even once. All I see, is him not replying like you want him to then you stating that he's taking it personally, calling him intolerant and something about our kids killing each other in the schools, which I'm guessing is some kind of pointer to the US and gun violence in the schools although I have no idea what relation that has to this.

The temporary ban you've been given -- which I see has already expired -- aligns with rules 12 and 16 of the Terms of Service which are visible in the pop up window that you must click "I agree" on for the game client to launch.

I'm going to be very clear about something, the developers I bring into the game are not here to deal with issues from you, that's what the game masters are for. They're here to do the work I assign them in respect to the goals for the game that we have, which I can assure you is quite stressful enough. This expectation that the developers just drop what they are doing to look at a mission for someone is a common one and again doesn't align with the goal. If you have a problem, you report it in the bug track at the top of the forum. We will address it there. I can tell you without doubt that our server programmers are looking there on a regular basis for code bugs. It helps if you describe what you expect, what you're seeing and if possible include screenshots if they can display the problem. If it's content related, we'll also see it there and test what you've reported and make a determination on whether there is actually a bug or you were just unlucky.

• Kyp locked this topic