Raid idea?

Reon

Greetings!  Let me preface why I didn't include this in the level 150 raid thread.  My idea is for possible group/raid encounters that could be implemented for several levels or varying degrees of difficulty, not just end game.

This game, like most MMO's released in the late 90's and early 00's, was focused on levels and gear with a grind to get said rewards.  Newer games focused on tougher raids with more steps, unique missions/quests, shiny graphics, and other ways to occupy gamers time.  Due to a limit to how many things can be added to this game due to developer time (and the limitations of the game client), many of the things added to newer generation MMO's won't work here, or they are too time intensive to implement.

New content is a huge time sink, and the devs have their hands full as it is...but what I wonder is if there is a way to add new raid content that is easier to code and change.  For example, creating "ring" events where a spawn is triggered with an item or mission completion (to provide activities for people without waiting for a spawn).  Have the triggered mobs go through a ring event...the ring event could be as simple as spawning a ton of normal combat mission mobs in waves, just something that actually requires a group or two (something that can't be solo'd while six boxing :P).

The loot itself could be items that trigger other ring events, they could be rare items, or something else all together.  The idea is some simple combat encounters besides timed spawns and content for end gamers that doesn't involve too much programing. 

Dunno, this might be a terrible idea that no one would be interested in...just throwing it out there...

Edited by Reon