PS Level 50 Hull upgrade mission seems impossible

Hope I'm putting this in the right section, but I finally reached level 50 and started my hull upgrade mission landed on Primus planet and immediately get blown up by a CL 54 Vrix, it's swarming with Vrix way over my CL. I may have missed something along the way but how am I expected to complete this mission for my new hull if I can't possibly get past this swarm of Vrix that outclass me by a mile in my lvl 30 hull at CL 16?

Unless its changed you should not be going to Primus planet but going to the shipyard. . 

0) Contact the Warship Genesis.

1) Visit the Genetic Repository in Endriago

2) Destroy 4 Wayward Satelites in Aragoth Prime near Satellite Communication Node 2

3) Destroy 1 Wayward Drone in Aragoth Prime near Satellite Communication Node 2

4) Return to Anjuren Khan in Aganju. Completing this stage should advance your Master Mission Promotion.

5) Report to Proconsul Dionysius Kerr on Arx Magister (Mars).

6) Pay your 30,000 credits at the Tiberius Shipyards in Primus for your hull upgrade.

I hope this helps 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the response, this "was" pretty much what I expected but not the mission I was given from the warship Genesis which was find out what happened to Var at Preatorium Mons. I still have one skill I was supposed to aquire at lvl 45 so maybe I have glitched myself somehow, I'll just have to keep trying, thanks again Prrekoorb.

Edited by Arethusa
fix typo
  • Upvote 1

When the V'rix overran Primus planet, Var was evacuated elsewhere .. you don't have to go. August 8th Patch/Hotfix notes :

Gratis Augustus Var, recently rescued from the V'rix incursion on Primus, awards honors of the Republic to the two responsible for his safe evacuation from the planet. In a moment of clarity, he called for medals to be given to Gatekeeper Memnon and Praefect Hadrin Gurk for assisting him to an escape ship and piloting them back to Arx Tiberius.
"If not for these two, I would be ashes. They are loyal, and brave Progen, unlike one craven fool who ran at the first sign of battle"

• 5 months later...

I am a bit confused now:

I am a PW and tried to get lvl 50 HU yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was ganked by High lvl Vrix at the Gate on the planet-side the moment I appeared. Second time I tried but Even Gating immediately Back takes too much time.

anyway; This is what I have in my Mission Journal:

1) Go to Praetorum Mons (Vega, Primus Sector) and check for survivors of the V'rix attack. Be careful as you go its very dangerous in those parts now. The V'rix have overrun it, and will undoubtedly attack you on sight.

2) Find the Stranded Centuriata survivors from that wreckage along the path over to the station, but be careful. The V'rix are reported to be in large force down on the planet surface. It could be EXTREMELY dangerous.

What I read above here is that VAR just can be found in Mars. 

but.. Can I just skip this mission ?

or did I do something wrong along the way ?

Anyway I see it has been addressed Multiple times. But I really find it pretty unbelievable this is seen as "intended"

Ok, I understand Vrix invaded the planet, and they are hostile... 

I also understand you can make this work to help friends or guildies for help (cloak)

But at OL50 you are completely chanceless against the Vrix in that sector. Its not even possible with skills, low Sig engine or being clever.. solo this is a nogo.

Some suggestions:

Give Progens a Use Once - Device that make the (High Level) vrix in that sector not hostile on sight, or change the mission that you only have to look on the planetside and not flying further toward station (you die Anyway, bit that will change it to Die only once, instead of multiple times)

my 2 cents.

Edited by Gwindor
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tolkenmoon said:

These must be the extra missions or something as i have just done a pw a pp and a ps up to hull lvl 75 and not once have i run into the vrix at the yard or anywhere else to do with hull upgrades.

I dont think so, it was really the mandatory mission te get to the HU.

I tried the shipyard, Kerr and did a search for Var on Arx tiberius.

A very friendly fellow Guildie helped me out with Group cloak. After I found the Stranded Centuriate Survivors, Mission journal updated and I had to report back to Warship Genesis in Aganju.

He Gave me some token and a new mission. (I had to fly all across the galaxy. killing a drone in aragoth and stuff :) ) but ended up on the shipyard receiving my lvl 50 HU !

Anyway; my point is not about the mission, but about a Hull Upgrade being impossible to do without some help. 

Gwindor ,

Thi is the Hull upgrade requirement as explained above by Prrekoorb

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Progen_Hull_Upgrade_Missions#Level_50

This the mision you did :

What happened to Var?

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/What_happened_to_Var%3F

They are clearly unrelated

one is done by the talk to NPC system ( Var )

The other use the update system next to emote ( Hull upgrade )

You have trouble mixing your mission : press U in Game

It open the mission tab and show the log requirement/demand for each mission

and the step your currently in.

if it's unclear and you like reading on your own use https://www.net-7.org/wiki

to do some research usually the answers are there , for lower level character.

Also in game if you press enter and press tab a couple of time you can select new player

and ask in chat if their is any trick to do the hull upgrade for your character level.

here is another trick : once you start a new charater ask for a universe tour 

from guildies or other players , they usually share the trap and possible

mision that are impossible to do as a new player character alone without help. 

It also go easier for when you are doing your low level learning skill being level 20 plus 

After all it's a multiplayer based game , your suppose to play with otter player

Thank you for your response.

Gladly, I know It is a multiplayer game, and have figured out how to open "new player" chat about 15 years ago :D

Indeed, I think I kindof Mixed up the missions, and as Prre described the mission, that was indeed the actual HU mission.

So thats been cleared out now.

But I do think it is a little bit confusing that you are sent to Warschip Genesis for HU mission.

When you arrive there and talk to Genesis, you are sent to another mission !

I cannot say that i'm sure but; I don't recall a Message popping up at the time I was at genesis for first time.

To put it in short: You are right; there seems to be no need to go to primus for HU mission.

But when you arrive at genesis (as mission step for HU50 mission) you receive the "Where is Var" mission instead of the actual HU mission.

Anyway, it did confuse me, but the mixup is clear to me now !

On 3/14/2017 at 8:42 AM, Arethusa said:

Thank you for the response, this "was" pretty much what I expected but not the mission I was given from the warship Genesis which was find out what happened to Var at Preatorium Mons. I still have one skill I was supposed to aquire at lvl 45 so maybe I have glitched myself somehow, I'll just have to keep trying, thanks again Prrekoorb.

After I made sure I had acquired all of the skills up to level 50 the hull upgrade mission was then offered to me instead of the suicide mission to Primus and it went exactly as Prrekoorb described so maybe that's the issue.

Edited by Arethusa
missing word

• 1 month later...

The problem is that the hull upgrade mission tells all Progen to go to Warship Genesis to pick up their hull upgrade mission.  When you get there, the target 'talk bubble', which is usally the obvious way to get missions, brings up talk text to get you the 'What's Happened to Var' mission, which at level 50 is a suicide run to Primus Planet.   The actual hull upgrade mission comes from the 'message' icon at the top of the screen next to the emote menu, which is very non-obvious.   Prior to the V'rix invasion, the only notice a new Progen would get at genesis was the flashing notice icon, and the observant player would know to click on that.  Now the obvious action is the target talk bubble, which sends new progen on the wrong mission.

I've  updated the wiki page on the progen hull upgrade missions cautioning of this issue.   Alas, too few new progen bother to look at that.

-Z

Edited by Zarg
  • Upvote 1

Exactly that Zarg !

I have been throught the same confusion, and, luckily, had some fellow Guildies to take the JE to go to primus cloacked etc etc.

only to find out, it wasnt the actual HU mission. doh. haha