Game is unplayable - Error with Net7

hi all 
my game has been working fine , ive looged a right few hours this week . 
but now its unplayable , logging in takes forever , it tells me the server is offline , i click  "check" a few times on its online 
after i click "agree" theres a long wait ...same after i enter my details ,  50% of the time the game just hangs ... trying to log in 
If i mange to log in ... the lag / or delay is terrible, and when i gate or dock the game hangs again . 

ive done a fresh install of net7 and done fresh updates ... its still the same , also sometimes i get an error box that come up with the following information 

can anyone help
thanks 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at LaunchNet7.FormMain.<DoGetPlayerCount>b__8(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LaunchNet7
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Net-7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8750 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
3ndlcuqn
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8750 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

same again this morning 
i managed to log in but then it hands when i undock
i restarted the game 
net7 told me server was offline , i click the "check" button and this message come up 

i got a screenshot this time 

2017-02-26.png

Your loader looks fine.

I would probably uninstall everything and just install it all again to rule out a corrupted file, it's faster than trying to dig it out.

Also disable the firewall just to make sure it's not bloking it, if it is then you will know where to look.

I hope it helps.

Open windows explorer, type in %APPDATA% and hit enter. When the folder loads, back up one level from the location that loads and then do a search for "LaunchNet7". Find and copy all of these to a backup folder on your desktop and then delete them from under these original directories. Restart your computer and then run LaunchNet7 again. It should rebuild them. Based on the JIT dump you provided, I think this will resolve it for you. It *appears* to be having trouble with one of the configuration files that are created here when you launch it the first time. These are not removed by the uninstallation process.

Windows Firewall (nor any other) should have anything to do with this. You would get the "Server failed to respond to logon" message if a firewall were interfering.

For some reason, unchecking Packet Optimization and Delete TH6 Files got rid of the same issues I had that OP was plagued by. Mine started after a couple of days of playing and I tried several option combinations, reinstalls, and a few modem/router restarts before concluding that those two options we're of some significance.

So in other words with only Prototype Reorder and Disable Mouse Lock checked I stop receiving any latency issues whatsoever and was finally playing the game with the only issue being high level mobs blasting my newbie Progen arse into oblivion.

I play on a quad core 1.4ghz Windows 8.1 11" tablet so just figured my odd gaming platform choice was at fault before seeing this post. Hope it helps.

Edited by DontCareBear
*warps away*

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 11:02 PM, Kyp said:

Open windows explorer, type in %APPDATA% and hit enter. When the folder loads, back up one level from the location that loads and then do a search for "LaunchNet7". Find and copy all of these to a backup folder on your desktop and then delete them from under these original directories. Restart your computer and then run LaunchNet7 again. It should rebuild them. Based on the JIT dump you provided, I think this will resolve it for you. It *appears* to be having trouble with one of the configuration files that are created here when you launch it the first time. These are not removed by the uninstallation process.

Windows Firewall (nor any other) should have anything to do with this. You would get the "Server failed to respond to logon" message if a firewall were interfering.

thanks for everyone. 

Kyp 
could you explain to me in "Dumb ass" terms what you want me to try ?

if i make a copy of everything in %APPDATA%   thats about 6 gb of files ( done that thuo)
then what should i do with net 7 ?

not sure what you want me to delete from where...

I have noticed something ... ok im in Thailand right now , i have a fiber optic 20mb line with router . ( its not a cat5 cable) which when i test it , seems to be great . i can download bit torrent stuff , Kodi works fine , Etc

But .. if u use my phone as a hotspot with 3G/4G connection everything seems to work fine , i cant gate / dock everything with no lag or game issues , even ran 2 toons the other night for about 1 hour befor my hotspot dropped out. ( phone)

really want to try and fix this .... playing on my phone is no good . 

so can you help me out Kyp
thanks 

Also 
i cant help thinking the problem is with my router .  but the game worked befor , when i first started playing i had the same connections , same router same company , everything was fine ... then one day it wasn't 

i got the guys round yesterday to change my router .. hoping it might solve the problem but its still the same

thanks 

Just all the stuff named with the prefix of "LaunchNet7", make a copy of it somewhere safe, then delete it. You shouldn't copy the entire content of this directory, as it is a special directory sitting behind every application that you use.

From the later posts; however, if you say it was fine before and isn't now that suggests something has been changed. Is it still presenting the same error message from your screenshot? If so, continue to follow my direction above.

Something it is reading out of a config file is pissing off the interpreter for the programming language. Removing all of these LaunchNet7 files then restarting / reloading the app should generate brand new ones in that %APPDATA% folder somewhere underneath. After this, I suspect the message will disappear.