Lag in Windows 10 Pro x64

I recently started playing the game again and I've been having 1 to 2 second delays in all actions within the game (looting, talking to NPC's, warp engaging, etc.)  I tried everything I could think of on this PC so I tried the game on an old Windows 7 machine and it ran without any issues. I even installed the game in a Windows 7 VM on my Windows 10 machine and it ran without any issues I just can't get it to run smoothly under Windows 10. I tried all manner of compatibility settings, changed settings on my firewall, even disabled my firewall temporarily, changed installation drives, disabled SLi, tried different display resolutions, updated drivers.  I'm out of ideas.

The tracert came back fine and the ping to sunrise.net-7.org averaged 43ms.

Anyone have any theories?

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel i7-6700k @ 4.7Ghz

Asus Maximus VIII Hero

32GB DDR4

PNY GTX 1080 FE SLi

Samsung 850 Evo m.2 for OS and E&B install

21 hours ago, Toaster said:

I recently started playing the game again and I've been having 1 to 2 second delays in all actions within the game (looting, talking to NPC's, warp engaging, etc.)  I tried everything I could think of on this PC so I tried the game on an old Windows 7 machine and it ran without any issues. I even installed the game in a Windows 7 VM on my Windows 10 machine and it ran without any issues I just can't get it to run smoothly under Windows 10. I tried all manner of compatibility settings, changed settings on my firewall, even disabled my firewall temporarily, changed installation drives, disabled SLi, tried different display resolutions, updated drivers.  I'm out of ideas.

The tracert came back fine and the ping to sunrise.net-7.org averaged 43ms.

Anyone have any theories?

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel i7-6700k @ 4.7Ghz

Asus Maximus VIII Hero

32GB DDR4

PNY GTX 1080 FE SLi

Samsung 850 Evo m.2 for OS and E&B install

Have you disabled Xbox Game DVR on the computer? Even if you never have opened it is known to cause strange lag i many games. Here is how to disable it:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794389603

In short, open Xbox app in Windows 10, go to setting, choose Game DVR tab, turn off Game DVR.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the reply Spode. I gave it a try but sadly I'm still seeing the lag. I installed the game on my workstation PC that has Windows 10 Pro and it's fine there. There's just something about what I have installed or the way I have Windows set up on my gaming PC that E&B doesn't like.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end because I've just been playing in the Windows 7 VM and everything has been fine. It just kinda bugs me that I can't figure out the problem. :)

1 hour ago, Toaster said:

Thanks for the reply Spode. I gave it a try but sadly I'm still seeing the lag. I installed the game on my workstation PC that has Windows 10 Pro and it's fine there. There's just something about what I have installed or the way I have Windows set up on my gaming PC that E&B doesn't like.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end because I've just been playing in the Windows 7 VM and everything has been fine. It just kinda bugs me that I can't figure out the problem. :)

Sorry to hear that! I hear you, annoying feeling when one can't figure out what is wrong :)

• 3 months later...

I am having this issue as well, New install on windows 10 pro x64.  Worked fine on my windows 7 on same PC. 

So far, I have shut down/Disabled:

Windows firewall

Ran Spybot Anti-beacon and blocked all the Ad/built in spy MS installed

Disabled IPV6 

Shut down all unnecessary background programs...

Disabled Xbox DVR

I can't Gate or dock, i get hangs on loading screen. 

Login works fine.  

Just unsure where to go next... never had this issue before. Now i am regretting upgrading to windows 10. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

make sure you have all 4 checkboxes marked on your launcher and also run in admin mode....also make sure you have done the enbconfig setup in your launcher....

3 hours ago, cimbad said:

make sure you have all 4 checkboxes marked on your launcher and also run in admin mode....also make sure you have done the enbconfig setup in your launcher....

All 4 on left ,non on right. (Just in case there is any confusion as to which box's) :)

Ps...........Hi Cimbad

Edited by Prrekoorb

Do you hang on first loading screen or while gating ?

The left hand side check boxes fixed my problems (except the Zweihander one),

Besides that...could be the antivirus or a firewall between you and the server..or some of the routers...or some dual stack light problem...or a lazy provider :D