Client Froze and destroyed device

hi guys,

Can you help at all?

My client froze as I was dragging a device Steingards Embrace over the slots, and a message popped up about it being destroyed and then disappeared... and the device went. no extra clicks , just poof :(

As you can imagine as its not something I can just easily go and just get again, get someone manufacture etc I wondered if you could help, happened just now 5:42 AM ish local UK time.  

Please help :(

Thanks

w01fy

EDIT - This is new to me, so also seen the ticket on N7 so will raise it there

Edited by w01fy

I can see in the logs that you destroyed your Steingerd and you DID confirm.

Also i do not find any log entry or server message, that your toon crashed and was removed from the game (dead account), because that would create a "dead player removal"message on the server and also some log entries (login, logout) - which are not existing.

I DO see you were docking to Traders Fort, back to Ragnarok, back to Traders Fort etc - but the last logout was yesterday 10pm ish and back into the game today in the morning around 5 am ~ ish. No message about a crash inbetween.

So you might want to rethink carefully what happend. Telling fairytales will rarely lead to the desired result...;)

Hi Zackman,

Thanks for the quick response back, I really appreciate it :)

Not trying to tell fairytales here.I should have been more descriptive sorry.  B

When I said froze I did not mean crash to desktop or need to kill me off.  It was a couple of seconds.

I dragged the device over, the client slowed down a lot, I missed then it slot and the pop-up for destroy came up, the game then froze for a couple of seconds. then came back to life and the popup disappeared.

I am perplexed as to how it confirmed.   If I make a mistake I put my hand up, but genuinely not sure what happened and thought it was a client glitch.

I would appreciate any help, I appreciate everyone is volunteers

Thanks

w01fy

Edited by w01fy

Ok, that explains why there is no evidence of crashing.

Thing is, an item is destroyed when confirming the dialog. Even if your PC/client is freezing, you would need to click it - so you did it most likely accidental.

It's up to the GM now restoring the device.
We do NOT restore devices in case the player intentionally deleted it - but here it wasn't intentionally deleted, it was due to a technical problem.

Info for the GM:
The item was sucessfully destroyed.
#2172@110%

Glad to hear you got a new one.

Something is weired tho:
When i looked the new Steingerd up, your inventory was showing 100% in quality.
Now it's suddenly 110%

Weird what happens around xmas time huh.....:wonder:

• Upvote 1