Rotation raid triggers killed

It's VGE Gobb week and I'm 200% certain that Gobb trigger was up for us since rotation change. It's gone when I checked on Tue est.

Agreement is there for a reason. Just because you see any particular raid trigger up, it doesn't mean you can kill it, especially without informing and getting permission from the particular guild or parties involved for that week. This is extremely disrespectful and rude. If you want to do a particular raid that belongs to VGE week, just approach our officers. I'm pretty sure Prre, Ice, Efi, Mord, me or others won't mind letting others have a go at our triggers when our guys are tied up with real life issues or busy work schedules. Key is you let us know and we can check guild about it.

But nope, you chosen the shortcut way to piss off people, by killing our Gobb trigger intentionally. We found out about it when we wanted to do it, but trigger was no longer around. Anyone who organize raids before would know how bad that feel. I've given chance to people who killed our Gobb trigger just to apologize to us, but nobody is man enough to own up. And such incidents keep on reoccurring like hit and run which is why I'm posting here.

To the DEV/GM team, I really hope you guys can do something about it. It's annoying for players who finally manage to log into the game from busy hectic life/work schedules but couldn't enjoy the game content provided. If such incidents happened to us, I believe it can happen to others.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

this again?  I could be wrong but I believe the last time this came up the DEV/GM team said they will NOT get involved.  The "agreement" was set up by 3 player guilds to split the raids giving the public a week for each raid.  Last time I saw a thread on this, I gave up on reading the forums for about a month, because it was nothing but this!  I seem to remember, however, that even the ADV's hands were tied, though I don't remember if that was because they were in one of the 3 guilds or if the DEV/GM team included the ADV in their non-partiality clause.

Point being, I doubt you'll get any assistance from DEV/GM team on this matter, you've stirred a bee's nest, and the next month or so will probably be "It wasn't me" or "why do we even have this agreement" replies.  I guess it's time for another month away from here, we'll see

• Upvote 1

Alan, Ben spoke to me this morning about the trigger, and I hadn't read this post yet, don't be surprised if he asks you for a timeframe involved where one of your guildies may have seen the trigger being poked at. As with other complaints of this genre, we will look at the logs to see who actually killed the trigger mob, and supply that information if it is available. Anything that happens past that point is entirely guild business (ie. infringement by another guild in rotation) or internal politics/discipline.

Just as an aside to Stoop; the last time this happened was strictly a guild matter (ie. Controller), or the time before that (between two of the rotation guilds) and as always we encourage communication and arbitration between the leaders to sort out the problem on their own.

S22KSTR3K2D2STR46

Seekstrikedestroy

Name of the guild who killed our trigger. Confirmed by my guildie who saw the incident during Monday evening Alaska date/time 11/21/2016 at 9:45pm.

Same guild camping and waiting for Gobb trigger today till VGE shown up in numbers. They probably going do it again when our people log off for real life as trigger didn't spawn yet at this moment I'm typing this out.

Edited by AlanEnB
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, mfurie2540 said:

What official rules were broken here?

As long as they are capable of taking down the trigger/raid successfully  then they are entitled to shoot it.

As far as the Terms of service and the Eula are concerned, there are no issues. 

As Arthur pointed out, this is not a matter the Staff will get involved with any further then providing informations to concerned parties.

However, think this through please. Right now every player has a place in the rotation and the raidleaders have the comfort of knowing that they can set times for thier gang to get the most participation out of it. If we, as a community, step down into the realm of "law of the jungle" again, a good bunch of people will not participate in a raidevent for months. The rotation as I see it, is far from perfect but it keeps the "peace" on Sunrise well. 

The officership of the larger playerenteries know eachother and are friends for the most part. If we have to "convince" a new guild that the rotation is a good idea, its not beyond me to log a sixpack in to do so. Peace is just a prelude to war.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlanEnB said:

Be careful with what you wish for.

I do 100% and you won't hear me complain. This is the only and I mean only game I have encountered that has such an issue with raids.

You can choose to either play the game and enjoy all the aspects of it as intended (being adult about it) or you can camp and keep shooting the trigger so nobody else can get it but eventually you would have collected all the loot it has to offer and get bored. (being a spoilt child)

Either way there is nothing in any of the raids that make or break this game and you can still kill everything even if you just used vendor equipment, it just takes a little longer. That is what makes this game so great and above all the other morphs that requires real cash to be parted in order to improve yr toon, that seems to be the way these days.

Don't take it personally and I have no issue at all with VGE or any of the guilds in game this is just my opinion on the rotation issue.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hestha said:

However, think this through please. Right now every player has a place in the rotation and the raidleaders have the comfort of knowing that they can set times for thier gang to get the most participation out of it. If we, as a community, step down into the realm of "law of the jungle" again, a good bunch of people will not participate in a raidevent for months.

I have not raided in months due to the late hour they take place, it's nobody's fault it's a numbers game and the public slot is more populated late at night.

it's frustrating when I see over 100 players online at login and a raid trigger sitting there because we can't get enough players to do it because those online at the time are mostly made up off the diff guilds and it's not their trigger and I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

Thats an internal issue of the "public". You know for a fact that people from other guilds are willing to help you out. If Euro timezone in the "public" cant muster the numbers, talk to your buddies from the US timezone if one of the weekly raids should go to Euros with the help from other guilds and you have your "fix". This issue has little or nothing to do with an accidental or deliberate disruption to the raidrotation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, AlanEnB said:

Be careful with what you wish for.

Oh please, that phrase is as tired as the 5 people who hold an old grudge and caused this mess in the first place

Many years ago, there were a few who couldn't play along with each other, so THEY made an agreement.

Why EVERYONE has to play by their rules eludes me. Many must follow these "Rules" to keep a few happy.

But in the end, the masses will bow down to the desires of the few, this will all fade away and continue how it has been

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think anyone from the public seriously read and understand what I've posted.

Misunderstanding can be easily cleared if people just let us know if they are interested in doing Gobb, which happens to fall on our rotation and our guys are out of town or busy in real life. In this case, it's not since it's intentionally killing.

Be it my post or tone is aggressive, whatever you think of me, it doesn't matter. I'm stating the obvious and you guys just covering the real issue leading to the big picture.

Seem to me the message I've received here is that invitation to people who's capable of taking down any raid triggers anytime anywhere as long as they are capable of finishing the raids is legit? This is going to create the issue of same group of people who keep killing controllers all the time just for cores, not following your so-called uncalled player agreement which you claimed being forced to abide it. Eventually, worst situation that could happen to us which Kyp mentioned before that he would remove all raids in-game if nobody plays nice. Key word is play nice, and somebody didn't.

Also, many thanks to Hestha. Had a long decent chat with him in-game earlier. He knows what I think and most importantly what VGE think. We are human beings just like you and me. If you guys want something, just say so. If we can help, we will. Showing disrespect to others in an online gaming world by killing their week raid trigger without informing, doesn't make you a better person in real life.

Edited by AlanEnB
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 11/23/2016 at 9:58 AM, Arthurdent said:

Alan, Ben spoke to me this morning about the trigger, and I hadn't read this post yet, don't be surprised if he asks you for a timeframe involved where one of your guildies may have seen the trigger being poked at. As with other complaints of this genre, we will look at the logs to see who actually killed the trigger mob, and supply that information if it is available. Anything that happens past that point is entirely guild business (ie. infringement by another guild in rotation) or internal politics/discipline.

Just as an aside to Stoop; the last time this happened was strictly a guild matter (ie. Controller), or the time before that (between two of the rotation guilds) and as always we encourage communication and arbitration between the leaders to sort out the problem on their own.

On 11/24/2016 at 6:00 AM, mfurie2540 said:

What official rules were broken here?

As long as they are capable of taking down the trigger/raid successfully  then they are entitled to shoot it.

Just want to lay this out here, since Arthur didn't. Agreement or no, no one "owns" the spawns. If someone not party to your agreement tries it, it's still between you all but when you start putting it forward like you have ownership based on an in-game agreement you start treading dangerously close to griefing other players through gameplay. This is in the code of conduct, and what I really mean here is if you are preventing others from enjoying the game simply because of a lock you agreed to with other guilds, then you are making the game not fun for them which will cause new players to leave. Not a desirable behavior and if we think something like this is going on that's when we'll intervene and do something about it.

• Upvote 4

On 11/24/2016 at 2:53 AM, AlanEnB said:

S22KSTR3K2D2STR46

Seekstrikedestroy

Name of the guild who killed our trigger. Confirmed by my guildie who saw the incident during Monday evening Alaska date/time 11/21/2016 at 9:45pm.

Same guild camping and waiting for Gobb trigger today till VGE shown up in numbers. They probably going do it again when our people log off for real life as trigger didn't spawn yet at this moment I'm typing this out.

Did anyone say anything to tge people doing the raid?

Did anyone try asking an officer or leader of said guild what may or may not have happend? Seems like some of you made an assumption. 

Hello, We got a little confused on the rotation. I partook in that Gobb raid. No point in denying it. I also used to belong to one of the 3 main guilds, also at one point tried to get a smaller guild in on the rotation years ago. when their wasn't even a public raid week. It was Static, VGE, BI. I will say that for the most part I enjoy playing with all of you in the game. You guys do go out of your way to help others in need. And for that I am gratefully thankful for. I am not asking to go to war, and all this nonsense. Because clearly in the end, we smaller guilds would end up with nothing, again. Been there done that more than once. And while a week by week "Agreement" is nice, as it does give some order to chaos, it still in a lot of ways unfair to public guilds. because now instead of you main three guilds fighting for it (Or as one of you stated it WAR) all of us smaller guilds have to fight among each other. While the three main guilds have their week all to themselves and basically rubs our collective noses in it. Look at me look at me we get a whole week to ourselves........ Sucks to be you, as this entire thread as based upon that. Not saying any one of you do this directly. Again, I do enjoy playing with everyone on this game. And I am sure that all of you can agree to that. Just my two pennies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I also have been in one of the big 3', I also took part in said raid. I also know that we thought it was publics week, not that I really have to explain myself! now with that being said, what makes anyone think that they are more entitled to doing a raid then anyone else is? you squander over a lost raid trigger and the rest of the server is still waiting in line to get a chance without having to join a big guild! some have been waiting years to get what some of us have! tell me most of you don't have high end gear, or is it just the main members with it all? here's the thing, the devs brought a game back we all enjoy, and have done a mighty fine job of it, THANK YOU ALL! but if only the chosen based on the few are aloud to do the raids and have the cool stuff then why would people want to stick around. i mean think about it, 1) they cant do the big raids for fear of getting in trouble (sorry, but I'm not 5) 2) they cant get the cool stuff due to not having the 500mil creds someone wants for it, not that they cant earn it but for some it is harder to get! 3) if they do get to be in one of the big 3' they have to wait for their time to be able to join the raids and hope that all the big wigs of said guild already have what they seek so they may roll on it, maybe not every guild is this way but i have seen it! you wanna help? after you all have the gear why not give it away, like a lotto!  are the credits really all that important when you probly have billions? I personally think the so called rules which I might add are not the "official game rules" need to be reconsidered and others should be given the chance to do such raids. if they fail so what, its a game get over it. if they beat it then gratz to them. now I'm not saying that any one group should camp the raids and be unthoughtful to the next person, if you've done it recently let others have at it. don't be selfish and forget everyone else exists, its fun to do the raids even if you don't win anything (although its nice too!). i am happy to help with any raid if i can, don't matter what guild or if its just random people! one more thing to point out, i don't care for your rotations for they don't benefit anyone but those who put them in place! now if everyone chooses to ignore me in the game or not help me then so be it, its just more reason to do what i do and that's to play a game that i love and to get the things i can however i can! i wish no hard feelings towards anyone, i have had fun with and raided with a lot of you! with all this said it WAS us "Seekstrikedestroy" that triggered and killed gobb! it was a misunderstanding as far as the rotation goes, are we sorry? well truthfully no we are not! although we did try to do the raids on their respective public weeks just for this topics (complaining) reason! we just confused that one in particular! but since its out and we are being accused of purposely doing so, we have come to the conclusion that we will continue to do as we have. we want to play the game as it was intended and we want the good gear too! most of us have been in big guilds and honestly its more like a political party, its old and BS. we raid and everyone has the chance to roll, if we have it we let others roll first for the same opportunity! if its up, we decide to do it, and we have the means, we will take it! one thing you should know, is that we would not ever try to steal a raid trigger, we know this is a bad idea! if we see you there we wont disturb the raid, but if your cloaked and don't let us know your there to do the raid, well that's your bad! if you sit there for days and nothing happens (such as camping it), well that's also your bad! if we take a raid it is honestly due to we see no one near it or no activity so don't confuse it to try and get us banned! a quick message will help with this specially if your cloaked and trying to do the raid and not just sucker us in! "they should be banned", "we messaged them and they still killed the trigger" i can hear it and see it now, wait for it I'm sure its to come. we mean well, we just want to play, and I'm saying "we are here to play!" and have fun doing it!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would like to point out noone said anything to us before nor durring the raid. We may have thought about it before hand. Likely if it was durring, we still would have done it which would have been the correct course of action considering the person who started this thred would have reported it as us griefing. Meanwhile while never saying anything to any of us and starting this thread, is that griefing? Why not have a real conversation with us one day insted of demanding we follow your orders? Who do you think you are? Van corp as should calls it, I see why. It seems to have a history of gloating when they ks someone and crying when they lose. Now I see what hes talking about. We will not kill a trigger ever without the people we think can do it nor will it be only one person doing any of the raids. By saying you'll one person 6 toon kill a raid shows how greedy the big guilds are. I hope in the future we can all get along and the devs make a planet eater that will take the entire server to kill. They have done a great job on the content so far with the few people that they have. I look forward to playing with you all soon =) , have a wonderful evening or day . 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's go ahead and cut that short too. Talking about other players is not griefing, so while posting like this may or may not be ill-advised, when you ask me what griefing is, it would be defined as intentionally following someone around ruining their game experience, it's something that stacks onto itself. For example you're a higher level and wander around with some noob stealing mobs that he already started trying to kill. You take away boss spawn that a person might have been eligible for and hit first more than once, things like that. We will use the info recorded by a given encounter to determine if you're doing something like that.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 11:58 PM, Evermore said:

Anyone have a block of salt they can trade for an opinion ??

Holy crap!!!

I just came on to look at the status out of morbid curiosity at the status of the game, and I see you back Ever.... Welcome back :)

Actually the first time I logged into here in quite a while, been probing around as a guest here and there but had not seen you post in forever so logged in solely to say WB

As for the OP well cry a river for me.... When I was playing my guild tried to get into the rotation and were basically told "you are too small so kiss our tail end" by the big 3 leadership (no offense to many of their guildmates as we had good relations with you), so we took over the controller spawn for a month and after the big 3 cried and whined to us enough we let them back into it and we finally got into the rotation by force.

The only reason to complain to me is if someone from the agreement breaks it

Edited by shadowxsx
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Put all raids on a trigger, eliminate the current timer rotation.  Then you put requirements that the trigger man is L140+, and a timer on the trigger man like the Fishbowl or whatever you wanted them to be that is just an example.  This eliminates the Big 3 rotation, and opens events up to anyone willing and able to build a trigger and assemble a group to accomplish it.  What does it introduce?  The possibility of true griefing (someone showing up and purposely attempting your raid trigger who was not otherwise invited). And people with multiple toons allowed to side step the timer on the trigger man by having another trigger man.  But that is risk factor in my opinion seems more logical from an entire playerbase standpoint than the current model, if they spent the time to acquire the trigger parts, arranged to have enough able bodies to take on the raid, then so be it.  Oh the other area of contention would simply be people having to wait for one to finish before another could be triggered, this is due to game design unfortunately.  Nothing is going to be 100% perfect when dealing with a design flaw from many years ago and the inability to modify that.

Other games have solved this problem with instancing their raids in a similar fashion upon first boss kill.  Individuals who enter the raid are then timer locked out of the raid for that duration.  I doubt EnB has the code to accomplish this and would require major modifications which I doubt will occur.  Hence the recommendation for triggers as that is a mechanic and capability currently in game (it would just require the build of the trigger missions and items if you will much easier than full game code modding).

• Downvote 2

23 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

I've never understood the rotation , Now less so then ever as the big 3 and I'm sure a mod could confirm this if they really wanted to , Are less then 5 people simulating they're bigger with a thousand alt accounts , and 10 or 20 people that log in 4 hours a month , The raid rotation doesnt make any sense, Never did really ,  It divides people and puts fences around content, And bluntly pisses people off......

And keeps small communities getting smaller.

For someone that expresses such disdain and hatred for the player-base and the game you spend a LOT of time here don't you? If you don't like the atmosphere here or if nobody plays to suit what you feel is the 'best' way then why hang around?

On to the actual topic of the thread ....

Wait, it's over 4 months old, why the heck are we here flogging this carcass? If you have a point to make or an issue to raise, start a NEW topic and bring relevant current data to help others see your point and maybe get a change in the works. Using the same argument over and over again to try to usher in change, when it didn't work before, seems a bit ... redundant, yes?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/27/2016 at 3:01 PM, Kyp said:

Just want to lay this out here, since Arthur didn't. Agreement or no, no one "owns" the spawns. If someone not party to your agreement tries it, it's still between you all but when you start putting it forward like you have ownership based on an in-game agreement you start treading dangerously close to griefing other players through gameplay. This is in the code of conduct, and what I really mean here is if you are preventing others from enjoying the game simply because of a lock you agreed to with other guilds, then you are making the game not fun for them which will cause new players to leave. Not a desirable behavior and if we think something like this is going on that's when we'll intervene and do something about it.

Like the man said damage owns triggers.

Flamingpanda, for a game you don't like and haven't played for a long time such uncanny and current inside knowledge is...miraculous!!

Edited by efialtis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1