vrix in Primus-Vega

Bellanar25

• 2 months later...

Well, I racked up thousands in experience debt trying to get my lvl 10 hull upgrade, but getting one-shot by high level Vrix is fun, how?  Since I can't progress, I can't play.  Thanks for the hard work making the emulator, but I only enjoyed returning to EnB for all of a handful of hours.  As you say, this was intended.  I'll keep watch here for a bit, but if this isn't addressed better than 'as intended', I'll kindly uninstall.  

PS... Putting high level mobs in a newbie zone is exactly the kind of mistake EA would pull.

PSS... I just noticed this thread is more than 2 months old.  Primus is still unplayable on 1/22/17.  I guess I'm not interested in waiting a little anymore.  I guess it was fun while it lasted.  

Edited by Oberdan

On 13/11/2016 at 8:56 PM, Arthurdent said:

Primus is under occupation. V'rix presence is high in the sector. As intended.

Arthurdent Has already pointed out it is now under ocupation and a warzone, as in real life these places are extremely dangerous and war does not care about your age/level.

My advice is to ask in chat (You will find this a very social game with great people and help is usually just an ask away)  for a friendly JE perhaps and I am sure they would be more than happy to cloak you whilst you obtain your hull upgrade, or perhaps group up with some friends and slaughter some vrix like a true progen :D and obtain your upgrade whilst gazing upon their corpses.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat if you just take a little time to think about the problem.

• Upvote 1

My memory may be a bit fuzzy about this in live but here goes... V'rix were a PIB in Akerons Gate.  Also on the planet Primus as well as Ardus but... as a PS I cant remember having issues getting my hull upgrades.  Nothing is more discouraging to new players than to not be able to play solo.  Perhaps we should protect new players rather than just say "war is hell" join a group! (poetic license, I know this was not a direct quote) If new players can't get their upgrades, we may as well have open PvP and gank squads sitting at the gates... Oh wait that's what the V'rix are doing :)

Just saying,

Mim

Ok, after a brief conversation with Kyp and a couple others, I have adjusted a few spawns to allow access to the shipyard safer for the hull upgrades. I personally don't think it was that tough to begin with, but, I don't want to deter new players either.

However, this will not take place on a server restart, it will need to be done via a content sync.

• 1 month later...

This is still a huge problem. I don't know if any of you have ever been a newbie Progen but these high level mobs are still blocking us from getting our LEVEL 10 hull upgrade and that IS NOT FUN.

This is a level 10 mission that takes no effort to warn you about the dangers of a level 36 NPC that actually killed me during warp. How is that OK for new players to run into?

How come other players that aren't Progen don't suffer from all the exp debt I now have?

I really appreciate what you all do yet with developer decisions like this still in place; punishing newbies like myself, I can't bring myself to play anymore. I have so much exp debt from trying to complete a level 10 mission that I just don't want to play anymore.

I just wanted to complete my mission.

Edited by DontCareBear
From want to wanted. Past tense now since I gave up.

I must apologize for losing focus of this sub forum and not evolving the discussion with a simple suggestion before. If you would bear with me, I'll try to approach this with a little more grace.

So devs and all else concerned, would it be feasible for us to test out a scenario that has the mobs, along this Hull Upgrade quest route, be changed to be within a similar level range as the the level 10 quest? More specifically, I would be glad to incur even more exp debt if it meant co-testing these encounters to be balanced for groups of 2 to 3 lowbie Progen players; or whoever else can be grouped with. The catch is that I would need a willing player to make a new character, as we can not do this alone!

Simply put, our intentions here would be to significantly lessen the frustratingly negative newbie Progen experience while still providing that enriching lore filled challenge that's already packed in there. Maybe we could take a vote on it, or just you Devs. You've already made an awesome game come back to life with more flavor than when I trialed it back in the day. I personally trust yours or any passionate players' judgement and inputs.

Thanks for your time and considerations to all who read all of this. Looking forward to any responses that can further this discussion.

Respectfully,

A_hopeful_progen_newb_111

Edited by DontCareBear
Words and stuff.

Whilst I understand the problem with the HU being dangerous and all for us progens now, but we are now at war and I have to ask everyone that's have serious issues, is it really so hard just to ask for help from a je etc?

After all the game is designed to interact with other races.

You would complete your mission with 0 xp debt in half the time and in the process make new friends.

Edited by PESTILENNCE
  • Upvote 1

Is it really so hard to believe that the V'rix would also send out their younger recruits to hunt down young Progen along this "common" warp signature path? How else would they earn their way through the ranks without sitting in a space station doing paperwork?

Is there a better number than balancing these mobs for level 10 groups of 2-3 players along this particular route? Imagine if these encounters varied too, with some having special abilities or low chances to spawn three times as tough mini-bosses? In no means should we sacrifice the atmosphere and chaos of war, as many have said is important to the lore and should be expected in this sector.

Wouldn't this also promote lowbie Progens to make friends? Instead of just straight smacking them in the face for not wanting to have their hand held by a high level character, who may not even be around, you allow us to actually tackle challenges and learn how to play better and together in the process. To me this would feel sort of like preparing for PvP, which is a very war oriented situation.

Remember, this is a game. Isn't the fundamental goal to make a progressively more challenging but still enjoyable gaming experience? I believe the term in the gaming industry is "learning curve" and I've never met a proper gamer that can't appreciate a steep yet manageable climb.

Edited by DontCareBear
Words and ideas. I know there is no PvP, yet.

Again...I thought this was a resolved issue.  Evermore said it would be fixed.  

Waiting for a group to get the LEVEL 10!!! HU is a bit much to ask.  We may as well say wait until you are a level 50 to get your level 10 HU.  

Dead horse?

Mim

Edited by Mimir
Way too many AGAINS!

Again...I thought this was a resolved issue.  Evermore said it would be fixed.  

Waiting for a group to get the LEVEL 10!!! HU is a bit much to ask.  We may as well say wait until you are a level 50 to get your level 10 HU.  

Again, dead horse?

Mim

Edit -----------

I just went to the Tiberius ship yard.  I saw the V'rix (really Devs? Level 40's x 6?.  I think if you are quick and don't take a coffee break while sitting at the gate or the yard, you should be able to get your HU.  They don't seem aggressive unless you are unlucky enough to fly through them.

What may be a good idea is to hit the gate see if they are close and go back thru if they are.  Try again until you don't see them.  

Just a thought,

Mim

I spent 15 Minutes in Primus at the Tiberius Shipyard and watched the Vrix.

The Vrix were (closest ) about 15.8K away from me, regular distance is 20K~ish.

Considering their scan range and the signature of a low-level Progen ship, where exactly were the Vrix? In what range able to attack?

Shed some light...

Where and when? On your way to the shipyard? At the Shipyard? Right in the Shipyard or a bit more outside of it?

Warped there or thrusted there? From the gate? Which gate?

Which Vrix? The L36, L40 or L50 ones (diff. spawn locations)?

I try to understand how they are able to even see aplayer when they are like 20k outside of the "approach path" of a player.

This is why i am asking for all these little details.

I was right outside the shipyard.  I warped there from the Endriago gate, finished the quest, and made the mistake of letting my attention slip for a few seconds.  I didn't catch which level V'rix it was that killed me.

It's been a few weeks since I have done the hull upgrade mission.

But, I accidentally left my PW sitting at the Tiberius shipyards and came back to find him dead.  I noticed that there is a high level group of CL40+ hovering around the area.  From my experience the shipyard visit has to be very quick.  Upon returning, I didn't bother reading the mission dialogue.   I kept an open eye for Vrix and moved on quickly afterwards.

Still, a worry other races don't have doing their level 10 HU.

Just saying,

Mim

--------------------- Idea(s) -----------------------

Move shipyard to a more friendly sector. 

Restrict V'rix to the planet orbit (would make story sense) 

Remove high level from the sector (low level x 6 are bad enough)

Remove Progen from the classes

Morning,

I just spent 20 minutes again at the shipyard, used a PW with a high signature (6.9) to simulate a low level ship.

The closest the vrix were getting was 16K.

They are following a very static path, so there is no "coming closer by coincedence".

Considering a signature of 6.9K and their scan range of 5K, they start to see me at 11.9. Add the ship size to it and it would be maybe 12.5K - but they never were that close.

So i guess the player is too far outside of the shipyard (closer to the Vrix) - or something/someone pulled/aggroed them to the Shipyard.

Dunno.....but they are not closing in "by nature"... :blink:

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2017 at 4:40 PM, Mimir said:

Still, a worry other races don't have doing their level 10 HU.

Just saying,

Mim

--------------------- Idea(s) -----------------------

Move shipyard to a more friendly sector. 

Restrict V'rix to the planet orbit (would make story sense) 

Remove high level from the sector (low level x 6 are bad enough)

Remove Progen from the classes

Try seeing it from the V'rix side.  While the Jenquai are trying to study you (a nuisance), the Progen are trying to put holes in you (an honest threat).  I truly don't know what they would think of the Terrans, but if I'm remembering my E&B lore correctly it was the Progen that started firing at them first.  If you were a V'rix, wouldn't you try to stop them from getting stronger?