New server :cant login any toons

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\master>ping sunrise.net-7.org

Pinging sunrise.net-7.org [38.130.197.232] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=330ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=279ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=271ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=266ms TTL=113

Ping statistics for 38.130.197.232:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 266ms, Maximum = 330ms, Average = 286ms

C:\Users\master>ping play.net-7.org

Pinging sunrise.net-7.org [38.130.197.232] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=274ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=242ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=224ms TTL=113
Reply from 38.130.197.232: bytes=32 time=193ms TTL=113

Ping statistics for 38.130.197.232:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 193ms, Maximum = 274ms, Average = 233ms

done the ping as requested in another post but cannot login any of my toons for over a week now 

have also reset and renewed my ip in my modem and reinstalled full game and client but it still does the same thing.

lets me login with info then lets me choose my character but all it does it hang at the loading galaxy map and eventually goes back to login again 

We're working on it, its related to the same issue that is causing some to disconnect. It's not the new server itself but a change to Visual Studio 2015 from 2010 and the relevant changes to code base.

What Kyp means is it's not your connection to the server (ie, ping, routing) that is causing the problem, but internally where the login server would hand off your client to a sector, your connection is being dropped. We have patched the code twice now to attempt to attenuate the drops, but it results in a 5-10 second "hang time" on the client when connecting.

There is no workaround at your end. This is something we have to resolve in the server build.

There is one thing more tho:

Another bit in the chain which was already causing trouble for some in the past and getting more "weight" currently.
While this temp fix on the server is working for many people, some still have problems - and this is based on how the local network is setup.

People having problems need to make sure they do have a full NAT setup with correct port forwarding.
If the server is handing over a player, the server and the local player-proxy are negotiating a new port (sector port, UDP).

If this communication is going wrong, because the local firewall doesnt know where to route these packets, you are lost.

If you only have one(!) computer in your house playing the game, you could add firewall NAT rules like this:
Source: 38.130.197.232
Source Port: any
Redirect IP: <the IP of your local network computer>, eg. 192.168.0.50)
Destination Port: "as is"   or   "any"

Some firewalls call this "1:1 mapping", others call it "Nat Punch" or "Nat hole punching" etc. - so consult your Router/Firewall Manual.

The goal is to tell the firewall:
"No matter what packet comes in and on what port - if it comes from the game server (38.130.197.232) route it to my local computer on the same port."

This is based on the fact, that UDP packets are "fire and forget", so if the server sends packets on a new (hand over) UDP port, the firewall doesnt know where to route it to and it gets dropped - your communication to the server is dead in this very second.

People not experiencing this problem are most likely having a correct NAT Setup.

And finally, just for the record:
This is nothing special at Net-7. Basically every gamer is suffering from this issue, if the game is not running TCP protocol (WoW eg. is TCP).

• Upvote 1

thx for the help guys i tryed doing the port mapping thing aswell and still no luck still keep getting the same as shown in picture.

quess i will just have to keep trying every now and again to see if it working 

Untitled.jpg

Ok, patch is live...so approach #89765132 to fix the login problems.
Keep reporting if this version of the game server is better for you guys (login wise).

PS.:
We are running a maint. task in the background, so it could become a bit laggy - will take approx. 2h from now.

5 minutes ago, crowey said:

still the same here im gonna try and tether using my phone internet and see if that will fix the issue for now will get back to you shortly

still get exactly the same issue when tethering just says waiting for server constantly 

ok as an update for you guys have just installed game on laptop and i get straight on with no issues whatsoever so problem in this case seems to be my end i am gonna do a fresh system install and see if that clears things up im suspecting some sort of driver issue on my pc 

Bonnie are you using the NET-7 launcher or the EA game launcher?. The Ea launcher does not work and will give you that error.  also ensure that you create a game account on the Net-7 portal page at www.net-7.org

Im using the N7 launcher from the Bin file. Ive played with no issues for a few years. The change is due to a storm knocking out  the cable.Its going to be down for a few weeks so im using my Droid tethered to my pc as my isp.

Unless you have pretty fast internet through your mobile phone services you're likely going to have issues. We deal in UDP packets and if they are lost bad things happen, they are not retransmitted like TCP.

...not to mention firewalling from the mobil ISP itself, constantly changing IPs (they rotate IP pool even within your session) and a lot more...
I doubt Android tethering for UDP gaming is even possible - never tried tho...

• 4 weeks later...

I play on a 3g usb stick when traveling, it runs really good until you try to gate. Sometimes you can gate 4 or 5 times in a row, sometimes your stuck in the sector for a half dozen logins. The funny thing about it is wormholes are not affected, and to test this I logged in my JE and did 40 wormholes in a row and didnt get stuck on the galaxy map. As soon as I tried to gate the session was over.

3 hours ago, enrgy said:

The funny thing about it is wormholes are not affected, and to test this I logged in my JE and did 40 wormholes in a row and didnt get stuck on the galaxy map. As soon as I tried to gate the session was over.

It would be worth mentioning if you moved between wormholes or just spammed it on the spot you landed.

I am having a similar problem. I launch Net7, click play on the launcher screen and I get an error box (windows title Net7Proxy) Server failed to respond to Login attempt. I'm running a VPN using UDP protocol. If I drop the VPN I can log in fine. Any idea on what I can change on the VPN to be able to log in?

Edit: I'm logged in to this forum okay and submitted this response with the VPN running.

Edited by Yazuly