3 New Classes Problems

I was following the pinned topic, however when I go to launch it I get an error. "Cannot initialize any Direct3D device. Please ensure that you have DirectX 8.0 (or above) intalled and that you have a DirectX 8 compatible video card driver."

I am running on Windows 8.1 64bit with a GTX 1080, and I'm not quite sure what's going wrong here.

run Net7 launcher. Under Tools menu, run E&B Config. In the 'Driver:' box should be your graphics card listed. Run performance test.

If the drivers box is empty and directx9 from microsoft actually installed, then I dont know whats wrong.

On 11/16/2016 at 0:55 AM, karu said:

run Net7 launcher. Under Tools menu, run E&B Config. In the 'Driver:' box should be your graphics card listed. Run performance test.

If the drivers box is empty and directx9 from microsoft actually installed, then I dont know whats wrong.

See thats the thing, it works perfectly fine for the game itself its jsut the starship creator that won't work. Which leaves me in the shitty situation of not being able to play the other 3 classes.

296f5ade8c5e48089bed4c439e30108f.png

Important above, because the SS Creators modifies registry keys in the HKLM (HKEY_Local_Machine) hive of registry. This requires administrator rights in modern Windows OS, especially w/ UAC enabled.

15 hours ago, Zenurian said:

See thats the thing, it works perfectly fine for the game itself its jsut the starship creator that won't work. Which leaves me in the shitty situation of not being able to play the other 3 classes.

Do you run C&S editor from launcher tools menu?

I noticed the three "new" character do not show up when you run it from the toll menu in the Net-7 launcher.  Is there some way to add the "modifier" in order to get the three to show up?

I do have the C&S on all three of my computers.