Random, Grativy Well Mobs

Sherkhan

While I am all for the original experience, I think these mobs stop players more than anything else. Today I saw a level 10, needing a max level JE just to get their hull upgrade - that should not ever happen - especially if you want more newer players. The lv42 pirates in random gravity wells are bad enough, but the other - that is way too much. That combined with the other is what costs new players - they cannot proceed unless they are forced to go and play with others. That entire scenario is to FORCE groups, which never, ever in all of the Online games I have played has actually worked out well (EnB, WoW, Final Fantasy, and about 4 others which violated that principal I cannot remember). Always ensure new payers can progress - no MATTER what, or it will always die... that is what I have seen anyways - and this from someone who played EnB from day one, until the day they said it was over....

There are two gravwells in each of 4 systems and 1 in Akerons gate if I remember correctly.

Gravwells are not going to chase you so fly around them if you can't fly through them or deal with the pirates.

These are dangerous times so plan your strategy and activities accordingly.

If the gravwells and pirates are stopping hull upgrade activities on very new characters please post the details and I will resolve that issue accordingly.

Fly Safe...

As Redkite knows, one of our enterprising players wrote a page the very next day in the wiki that tells everyone where these four grav wells with pirates are located and exactly how to avoid them.  See https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Sulami_Pirates_and_their_Grav_Well

I suggest that a bigger issue for new players is the roaming pair of level 50 plus V'rix in Primus which interfere heavily with Progen hull upgrades.  [But, then, I wasn't asked to vote, was I?]

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 1:25 PM, RedKite said:

There are two gravwells in each of 4 systems and 1 in Akerons gate if I remember correctly.

Gravwells are not going to chase you so fly around them if you can't fly through them or deal with the pirates.

These are dangerous times so plan your strategy and activities accordingly.

If the gravwells and pirates are stopping hull upgrade activities on very new characters please post the details and I will resolve that issue accordingly.

Fly Safe...

On 11/9/2016 at 11:27 AM, Spock_rhp said:

As Redkite knows, one of our enterprising players wrote a page the very next day in the wiki that tells everyone where these four grav wells with pirates are located and exactly how to avoid them.  See https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Sulami_Pirates_and_their_Grav_Well

I suggest that a bigger issue for new players is the roaming pair of level 50 plus V'rix in Primus which interfere heavily with Progen hull upgrades.  [But, then, I wasn't asked to vote, was I?]

I tried to start Progen characters this week, and this is exactly why I quit.  I died a total of four times trying to get my L10 hull upgrade.  The first three were because I didn't have any navs mapped and got popped by the CL40-50 V'riix.  That's fine, but the last one I died at the upgrade spot itself when L50 V'vriix came out of nowhere and instagibbed me.  Luckily, I was able to get the upgrade first.