Lv 9 Devices(engines to a lesser extent)

Taallonn

This has already been brought up, but remember (or you can look it up in DB) that while lvl 9 devices do add debuffs, they also add extra buffs. IMO, those buffs plus the improvement in the main effect in the device more than outweighs the debuff, and I always thought it worth upgrading to lvl 9 devices.

That and the loot/quest devices for explorers.. I mean, loonys gizmo and chili popper? come on how can you pass them up?

So I definitely think that upgrading to level 9 devices as they are now is worth it.

This has already been brought up, but remember (or you can look it up in DB) that while lvl 9 devices do add debuffs, they also add extra buffs. IMO, those buffs plus the improvement in the main effect in the device more than outweighs the debuff, and I always thought it worth upgrading to lvl 9 devices.

That and the loot/quest devices for explorers.. I mean, loonys gizmo and chili popper? come on how can you pass them up?

So I definitely think that upgrading to level 9 devices as they are now is worth it.

Loony's Special Gizmoblatsit was L8, L9 Chili-Popper I strongly agree. Those 2 were great devices for JE and PE. (In Live they were Terran Restricted) Lyle also gave you a good L6 device for travel in the Loony's Hunk O Metal (no debuffs like most L6 devices). His mission was to make a ring, and was a great mission, IMO. It was a good idea to make refining a signficant part of the mission.

Mostly at this point we were discussing engines, though I do think that there will eventually be more things for the new classes (simply because they're new classes, and will likely get more equipment of various types & levels, that's specifically for them). I'm in no rush, on JT and TExp for devices (why I point out that they're in pretty decent shape on devices). I am curious on the JT shield, since her skills have changed since it's design.

Irrelevant, no extra buff can outweight scan blind as well as several of the other debuffs gained at level 9. And those extra buffs gained at level 9 all commonly occur on other equipment that you likely already have

So for the PM items a lot and I daresay most are inferior to their level 9 counterparts

If those two devices you named are the reason to get level 9 devices its kinda poorly which is the point of this post rly

• Upvote 1

the reason for having the debuffs, near as i could tell, and for NOT putting them on anything that could be mass prduced was simple: who cares about an item if you can just go to F7 and buy one for a few mil credits? Miners, traders, and lazy warriors alike could have anything... it was to make you say "hey, this item sucks compared to <insert non-manuf variation>, i think i'll have my guild help me get the better one!" and actually WORK for good gear... some of these posts are starting to sound like the WoW forums... "the Heroic dungeons, with uber bosses are too hard for me because i'm too lazy to bother with trying to do anything at all if i have to do more than lick my left ear". That's right, lick your own ear. if you can lick your own ear, we'll give you free epic lootz... oh, wait.. they did that anyways lol

the reason for having the debuffs, near as i could tell, and for NOT putting them on anything that could be mass prduced was simple: who cares about an item if you can just go to F7 and buy one for a few mil credits? Miners, traders, and lazy warriors alike could have anything... it was to make you say "hey, this item sucks compared to <insert non-manuf variation>, i think i'll have my guild help me get the better one!" and actually WORK for good gear... some of these posts are starting to sound like the WoW forums... "the Heroic dungeons, with uber bosses are too hard for me because i'm too lazy to bother with trying to do anything at all if i have to do more than lick my left ear". That's right, lick your own ear. if you can lick your own ear, we'll give you free epic lootz... oh, wait.. they did that anyways lol

One can simply buy most L8 manufacturable devices, for less money, at F7, and not have to deal with debuffs. Most L8 devices are good enough, to make L9 not worth the debuff in the L9 versions. Even if they are just buying them, the money didn't appear out of nowhere, nor did the print in the builder's recipe book. The buyer had to earn the money, and maybe even bring the parts, while the builder had to either get the print from a drop or mission, or earn the money to buy a looted device. There should be nice non-manufacturable devices in game, that's a good thing, but there should aslo be nice L9 Manufacturable devices in game as well. Otherwise there is less profit in being a L9 device builder, and little point in being a L9 device user.

Also what's the point of this device? TTs cannot use L9 devices.

DV-EN-X4 "GreaseMonkey" Mk. IX (Level IX)

Terran Only

Trader Only

Equipment Engineering (Activated)

Improved Repair Equipment (Equip)

Deflect Energy (Equip)

Equipment Damage Magnification - Reactor (Equip)

JT is only trader that can use L9 devices.

This device is also useless.

Shark Fin L9 (Level IX)

Terran Only

Warriors Only

Increase Speed (Activated)

Improved Rally (Equip)

Increase Maneuverability (Equip)

Increase Ship Signature (Equip)

JW is only warrior with L9 devices.

Also what's the point of this device? TTs cannot use L9 devices.

DV-EN-X4 "GreaseMonkey" Mk. IX (Level IX)

Terran Only

Trader Only

Equipment Engineering (Activated)

Improved Repair Equipment (Equip)

Deflect Energy (Equip)

Equipment Damage Magnification - Reactor (Equip)

JT is only trader that can use L9 devices.

This device is also useless.

Shark Fin L9 (Level IX)

Terran Only

Warriors Only

Increase Speed (Activated)

Improved Rally (Equip)

Increase Maneuverability (Equip)

Increase Ship Signature (Equip)

JW is only warrior with L9 devices.

They were only created to fill the line up to level 9. Because say never 'They will never be able to use it', you dont know what will be done in the future. ;)

That or like that was the explaining from the WW-DEVs. And they were right i think, you never know what you need tomorrow. ;) And the fact that EA had the rights to do what they want, played in there too..... ;)

....and, you know what will be tomorrow? :)

My thought:

/begin

We want to have the game back as good as in live and stable.

But hey, there is yet a good amount of time til then. ;)

This point we need to reach first. We are in ST4 right now not in Final. ;)

/end

greets

Hexergirl

My JT is maxed at level 8 devices, no level 9 for me.

They switched it a while back. L9 engines and L8 devices were switched to L8 engines and L9 devices, when the Reactor Optimization skill was added. Marco posted that it was unintentional to change them back when FS and Build reactor were added. It's post #23 in the "Jenquai Seeker" thread.

They are not being reverted back. There was a reversion on a file that never made the commit into the SVN, and should be updated in the patch for Friday.

- Marco

They switched it a while back. L9 engines and L8 devices were switched to L8 engines and L9 devices, when the Reactor Optimization skill was added. Marco posted that it was unintentional to change them back when FS and Build reactor were added. It's post #23 in the "Jenquai Seeker" thread.

Okay, not sure which is correct then, but in game right now my JT is showing as device 8, engine 9 as max levels. Are you saying it's supposed to be device 9 and engine 8?

Okay, not sure which is correct then, but in game right now my JT is showing as device 8, engine 9 as max levels. Are you saying it's supposed to be device 9 and engine 8?

Yes, it's supposed to be Device 9 and Engine 8.