Ardus Key Guide

Noticed someone asked for a guide. These are the notes I made at the time I did the mission. Hope it helps.

Ardus sector Key – Aquitaine key – LVL 150 may be required

T2Z is a V'rix on primus moon former progen base

-bring him spiced coffee, sold at norstrand vor green vendor (buy 2) to get him to start talking

1 - Deliver something outside the base  x = -0.57  y = -6.87  z = 0 – (nav     TH26C1NN4TH3D2)

2 - Go see V'rix oracle in withberg – x = 197  y = 85  z = 0

3 - Find Ester McCabe on net-7 in sol system Saturn  - buy artifact

4 - Do the run around for device analysis

Eremite Outpost – Altair III   x = -246  y = -153  z =- 0 (about 443k W. of Gallena Gate)

Key Comps

Alpha BBO for aquitaine key - veteran smugglers in adriel prime/proxima approach 2

Yttrium for aquitaine key - level 12  Zenshai Plasma Nappers at nav saiseki in Yokan

Ardus Gate – Witburg  x = 137  y = -25  z = 0

Edited by RenoJD
  • Like 1

Excellent Guide!

One more thing I found out.  If your character does *not* have Build Devices L5 you will be able to get the mission start from T2Z but you will get stumped at Esther McCabe.  She will not continue the mission chat and you will only get her default chat tree.

So, Build Device L5 should be a prerequisite from T2Z, but he does not currently check for it,  Bug report has been filed.

This is not a bug.

The missions are separate, any class can do the Ardus mission from T2Z. All they have to do is, as the mission says, is seek out a key (acquire one).

Device builders may take the secondary sideline mission for the build recipe at that stage from McCabe, but other classes are NOT affected.

20 hours ago, Hobbs said:

Excellent Guide!

One more thing I found out.  If your character does *not* have Build Devices L5 you will be able to get the mission start from T2Z but you will get stumped at Esther McCabe.  She will not continue the mission chat and you will only get her default chat tree.

So, Build Device L5 should be a prerequisite from T2Z, but he does not currently check for it,  Bug report has been filed.

My JE completed the mission with Build Devices 1.  Unless things have changed since the mission was put in, that's not a prerequisite

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of corrections and updates here:

The base where you will find T2Z to start the mission line is on Primus Planet, not Primus moon as OP stated.   The base is a former Progen base that has been renamed 1C4615H.   You will not be able to dock there unless your V'Rix faction is -1999 or above.      Grinding up V'Rix faction to get to this point can be a pain! I did it by a combination of chitin bits turnins to the oracle (chitin bits farmed by an a V'Rix hunting alt, 100 rep per 50 turned in) and hunting a LOT of InfinitiCorp and/or Bogeril faction ships -- as both of these factions can easily be recovered with item turnins.

The "optional" mission  for device builders to get the Ardus Key device pattern requires you to spend a million credits to get the artifact to analyze from the vendor in Net-7.  Manufacture cost for the Aquitaine Codex device is another million credits -- trips to Ardus aren't cheap.

The EnBmaps.de  map page for Ardus is fairly accurate.  1Z1Z2L -- who you need to talk to to complete the mission line -- is near the AC160 nav point.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

been trying to catch up on this.....  i left for year or so in the middle of this and i'm not sure where i am.  but i seem to catch up at Ester McCabe at Net7;  problem is i see no artifact i'm suppose to buy? but i did get some yellow quest pop up.... she asked me about the antiquated codex....  i assume... as thats not quite the words used by others...ok yaa.  i checked she definatley asks for that.  but when i say trade it shows nothing in her trade window.

to be honest someone else making a guide woud be helpful. this one doesn't give enough details to be honest...unless i'm just daft...

• 9 months later...

I also don't get the option to purchase the artifact from Ester McCabe at Net-7 Sol.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

I'm guessing it is because I am faction neutral for Net-7 Sol???

i looked at your Spartan avatar,  first i verified that you have not previously completed the missions,  (just to be sure)  the only one reason i think that yoiu cant get the Mission from T2z is you have not brought him his (HINT) "Morning drink".  that is required for you to get the missions,   also ester McCabe wont talk to you untill you are at step 2 of T2Z'z mission

Warning there are two missions from T2Z both require his "Morning Drink"

this "morning Drink" is a vendor item

I wanted to thank you for your help Woodstock.  I was able to complete the mission very quickly (on my TT Whitemoon) once I realized my mistake.  My JE is gated behind the Red Dragon Figurine mission.  I've been meaning to tackle that one anyway.

Keys cost only 810,000 on my TT

\o/

Actually the faction to dock is >= -1500 V'rix faction to dock at station on Primus planet. I did this just a few days ago and couldn't dock until I hit that. I was around -1597, I checked the wiki, killed a few earth-corpse ships, and was able to dock.

NOTE: I am still stuck on part 2/5 on my toon Rygel.  I completed Something old, something new but that did not advance the mission. I returned to Ester McCabe on net-7, and the Vrix Oracle in Witberg, but I am still stuck on 2/5. Is this intentional and I should I just forfeit the mission, or is there something else I need to do?

NOTE: I will try visiting T2Z and see if that advances the mission.

• 1 month later...