Excuse me, why am I banned?

I am wondering why I was banned and why nobody contacted me about it in the first place. I did not violate the TOS. I also need to know who is responsible for this banning, because it may involve a personal vendetta and those individuals if involved with the DEV/Staff teams should be removed for this sudden banning with no notification.

This is what I get upon login, and the e-mail response to my ticket. This is how I found out. The first I heard of it is when I tried to log in today. I never heard from a GM about this beforehand, nobody attempted to contact me on a solution to the problem, I never heard about it from anybody in game. This is not how you handle a misunderstanding. If one saw the guild name, if one inquired me about it, if one saw our MOTD, you would know we have no connection or impersonation whatsoever with the staff. They have no grounds for this claim. I did not violate the TOS. If there were concerns, they SHOULD have been brought up to me, whether in game, on here, or in Teamspeak. We could have come to a solution or an understanding. But an instant ban with no communication for 7 days AND a disbanding of my guild was completely uncalled for. It's time to lose the iron fist before you lose a great fan of the game. 

banned2.png

banned.png

21RTH1NDB264NDST1PH

EARTHANDBEYONDSTAPH

Your old guild name and our staff guild name.

I think that pretty much answers that question without discussion regardless of MOTD and yes that does violate the rules of the game as i stated in the mail you recieved that you have posted.

As far as your being banned for violating the rules since you were the founder of the guild,I could reduce that to lesson learned but  it would take something from you since you don't seem to understand what it is that you did wrong.

Go and read the rules posted for the game and the EA rules you agree to when you start the game.Then if you understand why this all has happened,Even if you don't agree you will also understand that i don't rule with a iron fist but i do take the rules and complaints that were recieved about your guilds name seriously and after consulting with my fellow staff members the decision was made to delete the guild.

So take a deep breath,Read the rules and let me know in this post.

This will end the discussion on this topic.

I just talked to a GM in Teamspeak about said issue. Apparently you (the GM/DEV team) had been receiving complaints and messages of confusion with regard to my new guild. Again, I would have appreciated some communication of any concerns and a solution and/or understanding being reached before action was taken.

As for the rules, Naming the guild as a play on words (Especially in V'rix speak) is not in my understanding impersonating or intending to impersonate the STAFF. STAPH (like the infection) was definitely a risky play on words, I'll give it that, but I felt that people either had enough intelligence to either inquire us about our name, or the STAFF themselves would raise a red flag via communication if any problems arose. None of my guild members or myself claimed, acted, or represented themselves in a malicious manner that would impersonate or denigrate the STAFF in any way. We wanted it to be a V'rix themed guild, as the V'rix are infecting the E&B universe. We also figured that putting the words as "STAPH" was too obvious as a play on the word STAFF, so we decorated the whole thing in V'rix speak and it therefore looked less like impersonation. This is why I do not feel we did anything that violated the TOS. 

If this is not acceptable, I have no issue renaming my guild. I just hope if my next name offends or is in potential violation of the TOS next time (Which I doubt very much it will be), that I will be talked to about it before action is taken.

And I'd like to talk in private one of these evenings on a related matter, namely about the complaints and who they originated from (I'm not going to start trouble, I am simply concerned for my own sake). I am available after 7 PM PST.