Unplayable "Lag"

Hello team/community,

looking for some help here. 

First off I love that youa re doing this and bringing EnB back to those of us who enjoyed it, so this is not meant to be a criticism.

Since starting to play I have noticed that I suffer from nigh unplayable latency issues and it ONLY seems to affect EnB.  I can play any other game, DL speeds okay etc and only EnB suffers.

I seem to get about 10-15 minutes of decent gameplay and then its like someone hits the lag switch and it will begin taking 5, 6, then 10+ seconds for abilities to activate, targets to que up or for warp to initiate.  Eventually it comes to a point where I can wait for 30 seconds or more and nothing happens.

Now I recall that EnB never used to be the greatest game with latency to begin with.  I can clearly recall my younger, much less tempered, self losing his cool over EnB connection at times when it was new.  Very similarly to how I am experiencing it now.  Just never as often as I am now, in every gameplay session.

I'll also say that I moved to Australia 8 years ago and I know the crap DSL internet over here does me no favors.  However as nothing else seems impacted I am lead to believe that somewhere along the lines:

I'm not opening a port properly for EnB to operate at its best

That EnB coding simply struggles with latency issues

That there is some sort of strange "cache" issue and after a few minutes EnB just has enough of it.

Can anyone shed any more light so I can continue to play a great old game?

The main reason for lag seems to be caused by not having 'Prototype reorder' checked in the launcher.

When you start the net-7 launcher, make sure the 4 boxes on the left are checked before you start the game.

Let us know how that works out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I had this same problem until I tried limiting the amount of processor cores EnB uses to 1. You can do this with Windows settings (works best I hear, tutorial) or by setting the affinity in the task manager and limiting EnB to use 1 core. Gameplay works fine for me now, although I have some weird graphical glitches with gating and warping (ship stays stuck while gating then zooms into gate right before the load screen, and sometimes the ship doesn't change direction properly before warping so it looks funny for a couple seconds).

I also checked the boxes in the launcher but my issues didn't go away until I did the CPU core thing.

Edited by Tiko