Installation Problems

Hello

Just getting started.  I created an account for the forums and the game.

I downloaded the game and the installer.

The game appears to have installed.   I tried to open EBConfig.exe both normally and as administrator.  I confirm that yes, I want to allow the program to make changes on my computer.

Nothing happens.  No further dialog or boxes opening.

Second:  I received a pop up telling me I needed to get a key at File Planet.   I went there.  The only links that do not give a 404 error are themes and wall paper.  File Planet is pretty much dead and there really doesn't appear to be anyway to get a key, assuming I need one.

I know it's the beginning and things take time. 

Thanks so much for any assistance you may be able to give me.

Meshak

the original client is dependent on those sites in order to be authorized as a demo. I would suggest uninstalling and when you go to reinstall the game client, make sure you run that original demo installer as administrator. Maybe one of the fileplanet mirrors will work for you the second time around. Let us know how it goes.

Ok.  Based on your statement: "  the original client is dependent on those sites in order to be authorized as a demo. I would suggest uninstalling and when you go to reinstall the game client, make sure you run that original demo installer as administrator.

File Planet no longer has E&B available as a download.   Therefore, on their site, there is no way to get a key.

I've tried to download and participate in emulation games before, and most of the time, a new "customer" has to jump through these hoops.  I'm patient.  If there is no fix, then I just won't play, nor apparently will many others who've been considering playing again.

I don't see a clear solution here, do you?

I downloaded the E&B client and it appeared to install.

A pop up showed itself, stating that I was being transferred to File Planet for a key.  The screen is blank.  File Planet no longer offers the demo or the Keys.

You tell me ;that the game depends on these sites for keys.  Where do I go from ;here?

You recomended that I delete the E&B client that I had downloaded from Net7.  I did that. but I don't see any mirrors or any other download / key fulfulment options.

<Shrugs shoulders with a questioning look?

Thanks

The site opening from fileplanet should do the trick. The last time I updated the installer this was the case, even though the site did not really work. You don't have to request a key, per se, if that was the expectation. Just continue the install, then run the Net7 Unified installer.as administrator afterward.

Thank's Kyp.

I've reinstalled E&B, installed Net-7.  

I tried to run configuration:  I'm asked if I want to allow changes to the computer and say yes.

I'm not given any option to change settings.

Both programs are linked and the game was patching.  I received the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8689 (QFE.050727-8600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

LaunchNet7

Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0

CodeBase: file:///G:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Net-7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8690 (QFE.050727-8600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8681 (QFE.050727-8600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8679 (QFE.050727-8600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I've also attached a DXDIAG.txt I ran a week or so ago.

Thanks

DxDiag.txt

Update:  After reinstall with Admin privileges, it installed and I can actually play the game.

There is one remaining issue that I'll try to resolve and that is configuration.  I have a small screen on my desktop with no apparent way to enlarge it.

Hopefully, now that the program is running, the config program will allow me to change it.

Thanks

Also you can use the E&B Config utility in the game install folder to change resolution, it's somewhat limited due to age. There was an independent one of our players made once upon a time called N7Config, I'm not sure if that's still available for download at our net-7.org site but you might have a look.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I can't wait to play EnB again!  Thank you devs for bringing it back!!

I've installed eandb_demo.exe with admin privs, and also installed Net-7_install.exe with admin privs.

When I start the game (again, with admin privs), I see a message "Finding File", and then I get a pop-up saying "Couldn't find the patch.  Try again later."

Could someone tell me what I need to tweak to get things working?

Thanks,

- Spinlock

Edited by Spinlock
Found the answer by searching for my error message - sorry for the bother.

11 hours ago, Spinlock said:

When I start the game (again, with admin privs), I see a message "Finding File", and then I get a pop-up saying "Couldn't find the patch.  Try again later."

You do not run the game, but Net7 launcher.