New EnB interactive map [url has changed, 2010-02-24]

Love all the data in the map, but currently is down... :o

clicky

Not Found

The requested URL /enb/map/enb_javascript_map.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at isometricland.com Port 80

TooTall

Real nice map used it to find my way to nostrand vor ...through altar III . i was lost ppl telling me ne of the gate .... Ne of the station maybe ;) anyways just thought i would toss some props being as i have used it more then enbx now .....i do miss all the mission info there use to be on the web ..about who what where "time savers" like take spare parts to zew when going to see sam for jd je Hu mission for the lvl 4 inspration

This post is SOLEY my own personal opinion, my views in no way reflect the views of the Net7 Entertainment Team

Unfortunately guys.. this is one of the reasons the Dev team have stopped releasing full database dumps...

Displaying Navs on a map for people to find there way around will be added to the portal soon

However, displaying mob locations... well, i dont agree with this, i can see in the near future the Devs changing things in game drastically and NOT releasing the data...

Content Devs spend a lot of time creating content for people to 'find' to keep the game interesting, and if this info is easily available (with such a tool like this) then why bother, lets just stick in all on one nav point....

In my opinion this takes the fun out of exploring, and also removes community interaction...

Kudos for the site, its been well done from a code point of view, but takes something away from the game.

Flame away.....

This post is SOLEY my own personal opinion, my views in no way reflect the views of the Net7 Entertainment Team

Unfortunately guys.. this is one of the reasons the Dev team have stopped releasing full database dumps...
.. and i thought they dont know how...

anyway, emu tools are released and this map uses same db, so it would not be hard at all to update the db and add/change missing info.

.. and i thought they dont know how...

anyway, emu tools are released and this map uses same db, so it would not be hard at all to update the db and add/change missing info.

It would be harder than just downloading a new dump file... Especially if they move 100 mob spawns, add 50 new items, people usually cannot be bothered to do this.

If you were to ask the original author if he would have MANUALLY added all the data in to a database to do the same features as it has now, im sure you and i both know what the response would be... a resounding no...

As the writer of EnBDatabase.com i know exactly what goes in the databases, and as a web developer i know how they can be used.

But you wont change my mind, tools like this, however useful, always will take something from the game.

Let me ask you this, whats the difference between his map and your database? His map goes 1 step further and tells you the nav, yours just has the sector to let players hunt for the mob.

You have just said what the difference is...

Some people dont see my point.... I expected that....

The more you give, the less there is to do... Simple

I see your point, I'm simply not agreeing with it. You say his map gives too much information and decreases community interaction. No doubt some people will see it that way and agree with ya. To me a item database does the same thing. It tells me which mob drops what item, and what sector the mob is in, what comps are needed to make the item and the stats of the item. All of that can decrease interaction and the whole 'explore and find out for yourself' aspect of the game as well.

All it boils down to is, for lack of a better way to say it, you think one is evil and the other isn't.

I think both are equal, and really not gonna hurt anything. Both of them will help a new player to EnB. And while many of us have played EnB before, there are some totally new players, and hopefully the EMU will get new players. Sadly that also means there will be the MMO-players that want something and want it now, both of these will be used by them.

I kinda understand both angles on this. U have to give parts of it away as an incentive, but u also have to keep the details hidden. The question is, where to draw the line?

there is a good compromise on teh net7 db. also some important info is not directly accesible, like the missing list of Buff for an item in the itemlist, so that i can compare itembuffs on the fly, without switching back and forth all the time. There is also info available over who drops what in a sector. So if the map would connect to net7 db it could use all available info within the map that would include what to buy where and so forth. That way the devs keep control of what will be public. I would love to be able to make personal notes at specific locations about things i figured out. That would enable me to look up things on my map if i wanna help somebody else to find it.

As u maybe noticed im talking in the I form, which means i am entirely speaking for myself. After i apologize for my bad english i would like to say that i found both tools (net7db and the interactive map) extremely usefull.

live long and prospect

Guest Lets Camp

But this map tells you:

1. Mob, level (and ID)

2. Mob Drop in mob + % item drops

3. The name of the location the mob or a asteroid spawn has been assigned. Look at some of them. "Mission Mobs" or "Specific names mobs".

some even have developer names associated with the spawns! Easily find out what developer did this sector

4. Sectors not currently in the game

5. Exact location

There is a lot of information here, and for the cherry pickers you now know where to remain for spawns because there is no point going anywhere else in the game if you can find a mob that drops it at 20.0% is there any point waiting on a mob that drops it at 10.0%. Viva La Cherry Picking!

How about we let Postfordfan1220 continue to build his map and change the title of this thread to "WARNING: CLICKING ON THIS MAP MAY SPOIL YOUR GAMEPLAY"?

Really, have we come to the point where everyone must play the game exactly the same way as everyone else? Maybe there's a few radical players out there that don't want to explore as their hunting, stumble upon a big bad mob and get killed in one shot. I personally think this map can be a very useful tool and if you think using it will spoil your game, here's your simple solution: DON'T USE IT.

• Upvote 1

The URL has changed. The new link:

http://isometricland...ascript_map.php

Please update your bookmarks.

Unfortunately this link doesn't work for me. The previous URL that did work and this link now provide

Not Found

The requested URL /enb/enb_javascript_map.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at isometricland.com Port 80

EDIT - Nevermind. I found that editing my previous bookmark worked when I manually changed .html to .php

Could the full URL to be typed out so the full URL is displayed?

In my opinion this takes the fun out of exploring, and also removes community interaction...

If by "community interaction" you mean groups of people stumbling around NAVs randomly while individual group members get stranded and die...

"Oh, let's try here..."

"No, let's now go over here..."

"SHIT!! They're 15 levels higher! RUNNN!!!"

"JS please."

"OMG me too!"

That's what happened for over an hour last time I was in a large group (that wasn't touring) because of the idiot leaders. Eventually, everyone just left the group to play on their own. I don't consider this to be "fun".

*Actual* (meaning: non-multiboxing, non-touring) spontaneous groups are extremely rare. People aren't in concentrated enough numbers to actually warrant grouping. If the server had 5000 players maybe this wouldn't be a problem. But at ~250 players, ~100 sectors, and ~150 levels, players are spread too thin.

That's why I haven't been playing lately, because it's so *hard* to find a group, and soloing is boring. At least this way I can solo and not feel like a total idiot for wasting my time.

Unfortunately this link doesn't work for me. The previous URL that did work and this link now provide

Not my fault. The forum is borked. I wasn't the one who added the "..."s.

Displaying Navs on a map for people to find there way around will be added to the portal soon

However, displaying mob locations... well, i dont agree with this, i can see in the near future the Devs changing things in game drastically and NOT releasing the data...

Content Devs spend a lot of time creating content for people to 'find' to keep the game interesting, and if this info is easily available (with such a tool like this) then why bother, lets just stick in all on one nav point....

Kudos for the site, its been well done from a code point of view, but takes something away from the game.

Flame away.....

I agree. Being told where everything is takes the fun away. The fun of discovering things for yourself. The fun and excitement that goes with accomplishing something yourself. Same with showing where all the hidden locations are. You're taking away all the secrets that the game has. Takes away the reason to explore, which is to discover what secrets are there.

For those that say you don't have to use it, you're right. And I won't. However, it's giving an unfair advantage to those that do use it. Does someone on the dev team not have an advantage over the players that have to figure out how things work themselves? Even if they didn't design it, they have access to the information. If the information can only be obtained from the game code or game files, then it is obvious that the dev team did not intend it to be made public. Information that is not released by the devs for all to use should not be released by others. It's just not right.

This is stress test and I won't see any bad when people (who want) can look where exactly perticular mob is. I have few questions about coordinates showing in your great map. These seems to be a lot diferent than we using in Client. I didn't find any co-realtion with coords showing in your map. Second thing is question about Spw, I guess is spawn timer. If so I guess it is in seconds and when there is 0 then that mob respawn instantly when killed, or is then random time?

BTW I found during my exploration some disproportion with real ST4 mob distribution. Example is Xipe Totec Ruined Red Dragon Outpost. In your map it show 3 CL 20 Bio-Ripers but actually there is 3 CL50 Bio-something else. Wow what a shock for me being CL20 OL70 when I pass them, lucky alive.

I have few questions about coordinates showing in your great map. These seems to be a lot diferent than we using in Client. I didn't find any co-realtion with coords showing in your map.

If you could provide a list showing the actual vs. reported coordinates, I will check it out.

Second thing is question about Spw, I guess is spawn timer. If so I guess it is in seconds and when there is 0 then that mob respawn instantly when killed, or is then random time?

That's my best guess too.

Forum only allows two quotes per post, so....

BTW I found during my exploration some disproportion with real ST4 mob distribution. Example is Xipe Totec Ruined Red Dragon Outpost. In your map it show 3 CL 20 Bio-Ripers but actually there is 3 CL50 Bio-something else. Wow what a shock for me being CL20 OL70 when I pass them, lucky alive.

If you can go back there and get their names, exact levels and possibly drops I will see about updating the map. I think I will add a 'Last updated' field to each map point as well so people can see how old the data is and whether it has been updated recently.

• 3 weeks later...

New stable DB dump is out, are you having plan update your excelent map with new DB feed? BTW guys stop discusion about if having map is good or bad. We will have wipe, and who want can ignore map, and go on explore self. But who really want to do some testing, need to know where to go and not loosing precious time by just getting ropes.

BTW I found corelation between location numbers stored in DB and scale what is shown on sector map. In DB number 50000 does mean 50.00 in sector map. So number shown on your interactive map need to be divided by 1000 and rounded to 2 significant number after decimal point to get ingame shown coordinates.

Edited by Aelita

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the belated reply. I thought this thread was on my watchlist.

New stable DB dump is out, are you having plan update your excelent map with new DB feed?

Nope, this will be my last update as I'm no longer playing EnB. I quit for the typical MMO reason of not having any real impact on the game world I guess. The chatting and socializing is fun but I need to see a real, measurable result of what I've done besides just another level increase. (All things said though EnB will still have been the only MMO I've played for any length of time besides the original EverQuest.)

BTW I found corelation between location numbers stored in DB and scale what is shown on sector map. In DB number 50000 does mean 50.00 in sector map. So number shown on your interactive map need to be divided by 1000 and rounded to 2 significant number after decimal point to get ingame shown coordinates.

Now fixed.

Have fun and good luck guys!

Edited by posfordfan1220