Trade Secrets

having recently done the lvl 9 version of this repeatable mission, I have to wonder if this mission was put in as an answer to people saying credits are worthless...

First Vinda wants 5 lvl 9 SH-X6 "Doberman" Mk. IX, which to save time I went to Earth Station and bought them from Jorge Montez (5 x 2,838,044 = 14,190,220), I brought them back to Vinda, she wanted them taken to Havyair Amen-Tol on Arx Ymir.  Havy tells me Vinda's got a special request for me.... oookay.  Back to Vinda.  She now wants 10, TEN!, Diamond Scale shields (because everyone and their brother has 10 Diamond Scale shields just collecting dust in their vaults, right?).  Diamond Scales just happen to be the last in a line of three (lvl 7 Ivory, lvl 8 Platinum and finally lvl 9 Diamond).  The lvl 7 has two loot/PM only components (fortunately I happened to have enough of both on a vault toon) and one that's sold at vendor:  Evolver GenR8 MX (134,909 x 10 = 1,349,090).  The lvl 8 upgrade component is Evolver PowR6 (286,152 x 10 = 2,861,520).  The lvl 9 component is Quark Vinculum Mark X (733,249 x 10 = 7,332,490).  Vendored component costs alone for the special request =  11,543,100...   but that's not all, there's manufacturing costs too.  The lvl 7 manufacturing cost without Negotiate is 474,635 x 10 = 4,746,350.  The lvl 8 is 1,255,300 x 10 = 10,255,350 and the lvl 9 is 3,281,106 x 10 = 32,811,060.  Total manufacturing costs = 47,812,710  (Magoo, if you happen to read this I owe you an apology and at least another 32 million, I miscalculated somewhere when I thought 15 million would cover it)

Combined costs for this mission:   14,190,220 (5 Dobermans)+ 11,543,100 (vendored components)+ 47,812,710 (manufacturing costs) = 73,546,030, not counting loot/PM only components or tipping a builder if you can't build the Diamond Scale

Rewards = 1000 Sabine faction, 50,000 Explore and 50,000 Trade xp, 0 credits

*edit:  These prices were all from Net-7 Database and not reflecting any deductions from Negotiate*

Edited by Stoop

56 minutes ago, Stoop said:

one other thing I forgot to mention, Vinda kept calling my JE Progen Explorer, maybe this mission was intended for PS only?

I have fixed the constant Progen references. She will now refer to you by race, name or class.

I will look at the cost outlay, time taken and the rewards given for completing the mission.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stoop said:

..... and the lvl 9 is 3,281,106 x 10 = 32,811,060. ...

I only took a quick glance at this. I think you are however looking at the wrong set of data here.

The costs you are calculating this on is actually the Buy price listed on Net-7.org. The manufacturing costs would be 10x 994k and change. So roughly 10 million credits minus negotiate and faction.

This in no way means that this Missionline could not use some reajustment, just that it is slightly less dramatic then 47 million credits.

I will look at this again after dinner.

1 hour ago, Hestha said:

I only took a quick glance at this. I think you are however looking at the wrong set of data here.

The costs you are calculating this on is actually the Buy price listed on Net-7.org. The manufacturing costs would be 10x 994k and change. So roughly 10 million credits minus negotiate and faction.

I was rather tired when I was recalculating, you're probably right

*edit:   you are correct, I was looking at the buy price for the 3 Scale shields, not the manufacture price.  Updated total manufacturing costs = 14,850,490, total mission cost = 40,583,810.  The 20 million I gave Magoo covered the manufacturing cost and gave him a bit extra

Edited by Stoop

• 2 weeks later...

You have run into what is wrong with most the progen missions post live. Time/cost/effort vs. rewards. There are MANY progen missions were you break near even or barely over. There are a few notable exceptions were you can make a healthy profit vs. effort, but they are few.

In contrast, most of the terran  missions give hefty credits/xp rewards, especially in the early stages, offsetting this is that the skills cost heftily for the terrans as well. But the high rewards carry on past the skill aquision stages, so they get good credits/xp on the leveling scale.

In comparision, the jenquia missions are a mixed bag, some reward near squat in credits but give xp good, or give little xp but good credits. For a jenquia it's a good mix since they don't have ammo costs, but factor that in for other races and the missions for them ain't so good :/

Now all that effort and cost you laid out to get 50k T/E xp and 1k rep. Compare that to live when the V'rix got in and you could do a mission for B'al, you could in 15 min get 50k E/T/C xp AND credits, if you knew what you needed in materials. It's true you fragged your glenn rep doing that much, but you got a corresponding  V'rix rep for all the glenn you lost. So yeh the effort/cost vs. rewards is way off, especially on progen missions.

On 6/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, RedKite said:

II will look at the cost outlay, time taken and the rewards given for completing the mission.

I realize real-life and other things have precedence, but I AM curious what Redkite managed to find on this mission (assuming, of course, he's had the time.  If not, no biggie, I don't plan on repeating the mission)