TE+TT+??

Hi everyone, 

Came back to the game after a long while.  I'm looking for some advice. I'm making 2 chars te and TT to support each other and was thinking about a third? Any recommendations? Je would give me wormhole to get around fast and Jump start,  but wouls to do battle with. Pw would be nice for damage and debuffs but I'd be out of middle range. 

Would TS give me much benefit? What can a TS do that will be significant? Mainly I'm just looking to be self sufficient as much as possible, how about another TE? 

Again mainly looking for combat point of view, do t really about crafting other than ammo. 

I know it's pretty narrow requirement but I'm open to other ideas that I can't think off. 

Thank  k you

Edited by Apathie

If you're looking for self sufficiency, then I would go with a JE.  I'd say a majority of the players keep a JE around to use as a taxi.  Terrans can run into energy problems on account of them having only L8 reactors, in this regard a JE will help as they can provide energy buffs and do shield sap if needed.  You also need to think about the type of ammo you will be shooting and how you can debuff the mob, this starts to become important at mid and end stages of the game, as it will increase damage output of your group significantly.  All explorers (JE/TS/PS) can do explosive debuffs, the Jenquai specialize in Plasma debuffing (a JE can do either explosive or plasma).

• 3 weeks later...

A warrior/tradesman/explorer trio is always a good choice no matter the race. So for a TE and TT you could round your team out with a JE or PS. It depends on why you went with the Terran for your first two choices. If you're worried about combat, the PS nearly the same combat capabilities as the TE, and your TT can keep it supplied with ammo until he hits the level where he can build his own. (PS can build ammo now) The JE is not really crippled as a combatant, however, you just have to take it slow and have patience. All the reasons Flip gave for the JE are good ones, plus, they have no need for ammo and can go just about anywhere.

The other advantage to adding an explorer to the mix is that you will be able to prospect. Mining is a relaxing and rewarding experience, and you'll never be about to try it out with another trader or warrior.

If you want to stick with the Terran race and take the time to jump through the hoops to unlock the class, a TS is a lot of fun. In a nutshell, it's the fastest class in the game (just beating out the TT) it shares the Terran ability to kite at long range without taking any damage, and it gets the ability to build ammo sooner than the PS. Unfortunately, it is neither as heavily armed as the PS, nor as sneaky and stealthy as the JE. The TS does a lot of running away. OTOH, the TS has Hull Patch, so it can fix damage in the field, while the other explorers can't.

It'll never be as heavily armed as a Enforcer, or as well shielded as a Trader, but if you think of the Scout as a light patrol craft I think that sums it up. :D It's probably the worst at mining (can't cloak or powerdown, low reserves of reactor power for the mining laser - get a Jenquai reactor) but it is the best at what it is best at, which is getting from point A to point B. (And the Afterburn skill just plain looks cool)

You got two classes that use so much energy that you'll need a back up battery.
You got to put a Jenquai Seeker in that group. When the TT gets the aggro pickup you'll need a backup healer that can spot heal and cloak, aggro wipe.

I do wish they went with missiles a while back for the JS in an open discussion, the range with the Terrans would of complimented the group with additional combat damage range. Too bad Jenquai ML went the way of the Dodo bird.

So here is a huge wall of text, but forthwith explaining the pro/con of each class to make a 3rd.

Every class has it's recommendations really. Depends what you are going to do the most I guess. If your goal is to be totally self sufficent and not need anything else....prob the JE, you get your reactor help, plasma debuffs, jumpstart All exploreres can do) (hopefully you kite good and never need it! :)), your resistance buffs (all explorers can do those as well) and the most important wormholes. BUT if you are wiling to accept a "little non-self help", you can almost get a WH at any time just for the ask, most players have a JE hanging around for taxi service.

So if you cut out that WH....you can get the reactor help out of a JS, so too the plasma debuffs, you can get a jumpstart from another player (those taxi JE players usually will lend a hand if not another explorer) as well as the resistance buffs, if you are kiting and not getting hit much, you don't need the resistance really. JS are great builders as well they can take the load off the TT, they can build components..with that being said....why not kill much faster and not run out of juice in the first place? Which leads to...another warrior!

So, you got the TE and his rally skill, why have another TE? So decide what is your style you want to fight? The PW is the single best dmg soaker upper in the game, and with his grav link he can slow the mobs down for your terrans to kite better (oh and L5+ grav link debuffs impact and explosives on enemies), the pw if he stays relatively still has huge resistances, put on rally and its gargantuan. With his dps and other tricks to maintain agro (GL,enrage,sap, shield inversion) the terrans don't really need to kite in fact. That sap is sort of a 1 time 1/2-2/3 shield heal to the group (long cool down)to take a little pressure off the TT.

Well what if you are a bit more of a sneak? And you just GOT to have those plasma debuffs? Then a JD it is...Keep in mind they are glass cannons, they can dish out huge dps in short spikes, they can't take the brunt of agro, you are going to be kept busy cloaking in and out to stay effective, many think psi shield is really bad arse....it's not. High end it's like a single hit soaker upper, the mobs hit you it's gone and while you charge it back up...you die, don't do that, cloak or run. A JD/TT/TE pairing is hard mode to maintain, if you don't run on split screen or multi computers box, by the time you alt/tab between toons you can be dead. The best 2 skills the JD can add other than the plasma debuff is really scan range and summoning, if you got him in a group..you don't really want the summon to your terrans do you? They are trying to stay away! (that summon could save your terrans by pushing the mob away however! via teleport (another skill))) :) The energy leech can be useful for a group, but it's cool down is so large it's really a one time thing during combat.

What of the other explorers? To be honest, the TS isn't going to add to much to a TT/TE mix unless you are a speed junkie. As said by others, their mining skills are sort of hampered compared to the others (did we mention you are going to need a explorer if you intend to be much of a builder with your TT? you are going to need the ores to build the non-vendor components as well as the ore needed to build your high end ammo). The TS has hull repair..so does your TT, your TS has hack, so does your TE, so those two skills are sort of wasted on your group from a TS, a TS isn't going to do anything for your reactors either. Those resistance buffs that you don't really need if you kite good, he can give you, he can jumpstart you and he can give you afterburner. So that speed junkie thing again, he let's you warp a wee bit more, not earth shattering, he does help you ignore shears and grav fields, but those aren't so much around to base a total group on, unless you are raiding, in that case you got other players involved and one of them is bringing the TS I bet.

So now the PS..hmm, they are the single most solo-able/versatile class in the game, they exceed the dps of a TT, and can bring like the pw/pp, chem debuffs to your group, they bring those resistance buffs, they also bring grav link, which can debuff explosive/impact dmg. They bring menace to your group, which drops the enemies defenses/resistances and attack for a time and sends them running. The other biggy is they have L9 shields with the great dmg handling buffs progen get. So they can take agro and keep mobs busy if the TT/TE need a breather or low on power. They use PL, while not as long ranged as ML, they can (properly geared) kite decently. While the TT would be your primary healer, the PS can buff HoT heals out of combat. They also have shield and reactor percentage boosters, that is they buff your reactor like 30% faster recharge and even greater shield recharge (not as important with a TT along, but it cuts down on recovery times between battles). They also mine those ores your TT needs, and jumpstart. They have powerdown, so if they getting owned they can "cloak in place" to enemies while their reactors and shields recover, a great tactic to use if they grabbed the agro from the TE and need to shake it. Down side, they can build their own ammo true, but it's a mid game mission to get the skill to do so, and really you need the skill points elsewhere, good thing is the TE/TT can build their ammo for them. On the subject of skill points, they are the only class that can call forward (reset skill points) so if you screw up in allocating your skill points somehow, they can rectify it.

Now the PP...they too, out dps the TT, and come dang near the TE's output with also 5 weapon slots and the crit bonuses. They can heal as good as the TT, and hang in longer power wise, since they go to L9 reactor, and have access to reactors that trade shield for reactor pools. They debuff chem, have menace like PS and shield inversion like PW. They, like the PS can kite at PL range. While it isn't nearly as effective as grav link. they have access to devices that slow down mobs and increase mass (less missle dodges). That's what they bring to combat, but then there is the over all game, they can take some of the build loads off the TT, they build reactors that TT can't and are great at weapons and shield building. That let's the TT concentrate on devices and engines etc. PP can also build components so they can make the non-vendor parts for manufacturing.

That brings up the other subject, build skills for TT, they can build all things (that aren't race restricted from terrans) but reactors. But were is a TT to get all those skill points to do so? To make a build pure TT you have to gimp all their combat/heal skills, so you want to plan your 3rd class to take some of the build load off your TT. The TE can do weapons and engines, so that's two paths you can ease off the TT. JS/JE/PP all build reactors, if you want a builder to do reactors for your terrans you need one of those. All the jenny can do device builds (except class/race restricted). JD/PW/JS/PP also can do weapons/ammo. You simply, if you are going to be a TT/TE that builds, are going to need a source of ores, that means a miner.

Were I you and went with another warrior, I would have it do the weapons, the TE the engines and the TT the other stuff, that way you have SP to go around for all of them.

IF I had to have my arm twisted, and had to give my own humble opinion. Me, I'd go with either the PS or the PP. With the understanding taking a PP I would be dependent on other players for ores, but would have that second healer with a huge reactor/shield. Taking the PS I would be dependent on other players to make my reactors but get my ores and have the most versatile toon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you decide to add a JE, or any other Jenquai, put 3 or 4 points into the Fold Space skill.  You can use Teleport Enemy (Level 3 skill) to teleport enemies away from you if necessary.  It's not perfect, as enemies can resist teleportation, but it's a nice thing to have.  It also casts pretty quickly and has a relatively low reactor cost.