Possible bugs caused by new patch

Hi Guys,

First off; excellent work on the emulator! I loved this game back in 2004, but was disappointed when it got shut down after only a few months of my having bought it. Anyway, I've been playing for a few days now and everything was fine until the new patch today. First off, I was told by a fellow player to use the self-help system to create a ticket. I did this twice for 2 different issues. The system says I will get an email with a ticket ID. I didn't get any emails for either ticket I opened. So not sure if that system is even working or what.

Anyway, my 2 bugs are as follows:

1. After reaching level 30, I used 2 of my skill points to update my engine tech and well, the skill points were deducted alright, but I didn't get my skill level updated. Not cool.

2. I am currently trying to complete the JE level 30 bonus mission. I'm at the part where I have to find the "First Inspiration" around Jove City. There might be a big here, because I tried scanning all the wreckages and got nothing. I also tried using this as a guide:

A couple of notes:

a. The coordinates are totally off for all of the wreckages... maybe you've changed it since that post was created, I don't know.. no big issue, but anyway...

b. The first time I tried this, somethign weird happened: all of the wreckages except 1 (Barabus) could be scanned only 1 time and had some kind of green graphics. Barabus could be scanned multiple times and had a different sound and colors when scanned. So I logged out and back in (as suggested by another player). After that, all of them behaved the way Barabus did. Fair enough (I guess...; not sure)

c. The last time now, I scanned all of the wreckages (multiple times) EXCEPT Paradi Maru... why? I can't find it anywhere! After 2 hours looking, I am convinced it doesn't exist. I scanned all the other ones (which were simple to find) multiple times and the mission did not progress.

I am very confused about this. Please help.

Thanks in advance and again, excellent work on the emulator. I love this game!

3 hours ago, Xiaolinmantis said:

b. The first time I tried this, somethign weird happened: all of the wreckages except 1 (Barabus) could be scanned only 1 time and had some kind of green graphics. Barabus could be scanned multiple times and had a different sound and colors when scanned. So I logged out and back in (as suggested by another player). After that, all of them behaved the way Barabus did. Fair enough (I guess...; not sure)

c. The last time now, I scanned all of the wreckages (multiple times) EXCEPT Paradi Maru... why? I can't find it anywhere! After 2 hours looking, I am convinced it doesn't exist. I scanned all the other ones (which were simple to find) multiple times and the mission did not progress.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I ran my Jenquai trio through this mission, so things may have changed.  You should only have to scan each derelict once, when I did it the scan button disappeared after scanning (previous stress tests, all you had to do was go to Pax Crudalis and scan, but that was then this is now).  Anyway, on to the second problem listed above, the Paradi Maru... never heard of her, there's a Pentine Maru, maybe that's what you're looking for?  Anyway, unless you've changed it in game via Options>Control, target nearest object should be the x button which you can cycle next in context (d button) or cycle previous in context (c button) unfortunately Jupiter has a lot of objects (moons, hidden navs, minables, etc etc).  One last thing, I don't know if the site owner is still keeping it up to date or not, but enbmaps.de is very useful for finding hidden navs like all the wreckages you're looking for.

Thanks, @Stoop

I just tried it again and third time's the charm apparently.. this time everything went very smoothly.

Now, I am just hoping to hear back from the devs about my 2 skill points that were deducted without it updating my skill level. Because that one really sucks.  :-D

BTW - Thanks for the tip about enbmaps.de. I already knew where all the wreckages were from before, but that site seems very useful for other stuff.

Edited by Xiaolinmantis
Typo

Xiaolinmantis:

support.net-7.org

Can check on the status of any ticket for yourself or open one directly if the game integration isn't working right. Our GMs would be the one to investigate the skill point issue first, developers wouldn't only become involved if there were an actual identified bug.

@Kyp, thanks. As I stated in my original post though, I did raise a ticket already, but there was no email confirmation (as the system said there would be) and of course I have no ticket ID because of this, so I cannot check the status of the tickets, because I don't even know if the ticket has been logged into the system correctly or not. So I am left confused.

What is the e-mail address associated with your game account? You can PM this to me if you prefer. I would need this to look up your tickets.

On 5/29/2016 at 4:41 PM, Xiaolinmantis said:

@Kyp, thanks. As I stated in my original post though, I did raise a ticket already, but there was no email confirmation (as the system said there would be) and of course I have no ticket ID because of this, so I cannot check the status of the tickets, because I don't even know if the ticket has been logged into the system correctly or not. So I am left confused.

My Email confirmations for Help tickets *ALWAYS* went into my Spam Folder... Until I instructed my Email client to stop flipping doing that!

Once you've gotten a single ticket ID, hold onto it. 'Cos entering that single ID (even if it's for a closed ticket) will get you in to see any and all tickets you have logged.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Xiaolinmantis said:

Thank you Holyman. However, no email was ever received. And yes, I am sure.

And FYI - I'm a software developer, not your average user; I would know to check my junk mail.

Emails would be received via the email you used when you signed up for your game account here on the forums. If you input a different email address (either changed it or use multiples) that would be why you never received a response. If you are using the same email address as you used when you signed up here on the forums then give the information to Kyp, as requested, and he can look into the matter for you. It is possible that your report wasn't received in the system.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Plateau locked and unlocked this topic