Raid Rotations

Some of us suggested something of this sort before Prre, that all the raids have either a trigger item instead of a timer or a timer AND trigger, so that there wouldn't be a conflict in scheduling for a guild etc.  that  would let guilds get it together when it's good for them to do the raid instead of being timed out or having someone else steal "their" raid slot. This would make it far more accessible to smaller guilds, they would get to enjoy the content without being always being excluded by the biggies.

The reason at that time given, was why this was "bad" was it would ruin "the economy" (how this is so they never could sufficently overcome the suggested solutions to that.) The onlyiest people that don't like this idea are those that "own" the raids, or sugnificantly profit from controlling all the sales of the raid gear derived from the artifical scarcity.

At that time it was suggested that either lower drop rates so the markets wouldn't be flooded...or make (most) of the gear looter usable only, there would be no "resale" to it, so no flooding the market. This was all booed and hissed by the usual crowd (the big 3 guilds) and it was left at that.

I +1 your reintroduction of the idea, but I don't see it going places due to the same old reasons (of which are same old lame not wishing loss of "control" crowd) *shrug*

Everyone says it but no one acknowledges the fact that the server pop is low.

Drop the rotation and have the triggers spawn in random sectors and locations for a limited time, say 30 min. The trigger drops a second trigger with a timer on it to activate the raid. 

With the low server pop I can see this leading to all raids happening during EST high traffic times though.

To many people = Fighting over raids

Not enough people = High server volume server times getting all the raids

Is there an answer ?

• Upvote 1

Forget the ADV tag on this post. 

This is a can of worms and in a way, Sagerat is right, it feels like beating a dead horse.

The system in place works, not perfect but every player in the game has a place where they can get into a raid. That is something we should not discard without care. 

To Prres idea and Gunnys reply 2 post later: Without exactly knowing, it feels to me that the DEVteam has thier work planned ahead for months. So a big change in the mechanics of the PRS or randomly spawning triggers would likely involve lots and lots of coding cause a small community like ours can't argument an existing agreement? I think the time, the DEVteam invests, is better spend on other subprojects other then "fixing" this quarrel.

On a sidenote, Blacklung mentioned this at some point during a PRS raid: (I hope I quote him right here) "The PRS is not a slotmachine"

On a personal note, I like raiding. Its some part of the game that requires coordination, teamwork, planning - its a meaningfull and challanging activity. While I do like to box to see stuff get done, I will not hesitate to drop a character to give someone else the chance to get the experience of joining and playing together.

A middle ground between "getting it done" and "get as many people as possible" the fun of actually playing together instead of along side of eachother is usually what I am aiming at.

Three things, I'd like to point out. 

-The agreement is something players made up to help avoid strife between the guilds and create a better athmosphere in the game. That worked. However no guild or person owns a raid. 

-Its a "old" agreement and we all should acknowlege that the "serverlandscape" doesnt look like what it did back when it was made. If people are unhappy, its the responsability, as I see it, of the Rotation participants to send thier leadership to a meeting and talk about it. Here on the forums, it sometimes seems like its easy to make a perfectly reasonable post while completely ignoring the equally valid arguments of other posters.

-If people feel the need to continue this, I'd suggest the first step would be for the public to chose a spokesperson and get a meeting going to make some sort of dialogue happen. I see this going nowhere without undelayed dialogue. 

Cheers,

Ben

• Upvote 1

Well, looks like this thread is going to end the same way every other thread about the raid rotation has ended in the last 2 years...with no changes.

For those of you that just aren't able to get to raids on the eastern time zone, your only option may be to join one of the raiding guilds that raid in your time zone.  So let me take this time to make a recruiting announcement for Builders Inc.  :D

Builders run the majority of our raids in the eastern time zone (8-11pm est), however we try to schedule at-least one raid per week in the euro zone (typically between 11am - 5PM est).  Troller and GoBB have enough interest that if they pop up in the euro time, they usually get taken down within a few hours.  RD and DT are especially hard to get done in euro time during the week, so if we've gotten to the weekend and haven't run a euro raid, we'll schedule the weekend raid around 1-2pm est.

If you're looking to do more raids, or just starting out (we welcome players of all levels), ask for a BI officer in game, we'll be happy to answer any other questions you have.  I suggest talking to officers from the other raiding guilds as well, they may raid on a schedule that is a better fit for you.

• Upvote 1

My post was 'tongue in cheek' ,sort of :)  As you can tell from the rest of my posts i am firm believer in the rotation ,and in my opinion 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' ;)

2 hours ago, Prrekoorb said:

My post was 'tongue in cheek' ,sort of :)  As you can tell from the rest of my posts i am firm believer in the rotation ,and in my opinion 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' ;)

+1

23 minutes ago, Really said:

Helpful as ever panda. Zero useful content, nothing but pointless negativity and finger pointing (not to mention poor grammar).

Funny but so true. Its like that mean ole aunt you hope never shows up for the holidays but always does.

I don't blame the devs, the game is a novelty from the past, something some of us enjoyed and are happy to have back. But you can only go so far and then it becomes the same thing over and over, and we start dropping out.

On the raid issue, I see no reason for the rotation as it is. Ive said it before, and it is MY opinion, but I say drop the rotation, change the timers to spawn in each of the time zones on a rotating basis. As it is, there are people watching for the spawns, if a 'boxer' tries to run a spawn solo name and shame,

Most of the arguments against dropping the rotation are scare tactics, you don't want things the way they use to be, really? If someone wants to try to run a raid solo they can ask BL or Woody and perhaps they would open the PRS for them

I say the rotation is pointless and will join any group announcing a raid is taking place,

LOL, your requoting BL , Hesthia. It's rife with translation errors, not on your part! But what it can mean. A glass can be half full, half empty, equally distributed in content, unfairly distributed in content, mis-labeled content, incorrectly filled and so many more!

So "PRS isn't a slot machine"...cool! that means you can't lose and it's not a gamble and it's really an investment, You are guaranteed outcome is greater than input, and you will get what you want every time. No?!? Then it IS a gamble....*grumble* freakn one armed bandit stuck me up* then it IS a slot machine! No?!? It's not a slot machine...but will take your money, and there are no guarantees..isn't that what a slot machine is? A gamble? If it's not a slot machine and a gamble...then I get my money back right? No?!?

I'm confused:huh:.

Does anyone raid at times friendly to those of us on Pacific time?   Like 10pm EST til about 03:00 EST?   That's my normal time zone -- the only times I've been able to raid are when I've skipped work or on weekends, at what is basically EST friendly times.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:55 PM, Zarg said:

Does anyone raid at times friendly to those of us on Pacific time?   Like 10pm EST til about 03:00 EST?   That's my normal time zone -- the only times I've been able to raid are when I've skipped work or on weekends, at what is basically EST friendly times.

EST has the highest server population, with the lower number of players in game and the restrictions set by the rotation agreement there aren't enough 'eligible'  players for the assigned raid until EST group logs in.  PST and other time zones MAY get lucky with a late spawn on the Troller or GoBB and get a raid in, but DT and RD don't draw enough interest to get the numbers. We have to skip work or catch it on a weekend

This is one of the reasons Id like to see the rotation dropped, however no one else seems to agree .....

1 hour ago, Gunney said:

EST has the highest server population, with the lower number of players in game and the restrictions set by the rotation agreement there aren't enough 'eligible'  players for the assigned raid until EST group logs in.  PST and other time zones MAY get lucky with a late spawn on the Troller or GoBB and get a raid in, but DT and RD don't draw enough interest to get the numbers. We have to skip work or catch it on a weekend

This is one of the reasons Id like to see the rotation dropped, however no one else seems to agree .....

Why in the world would the guilds that are in the rotation want to change it in the first place?  You have a guaranteed trigger to use whenever you want, no need to work for it.  If you want to box it with 2 players, you can do that, if you want to leave it up for 6 days, sure why not.  There's no incentive to pull in other players to take the trigger down before someone else does, so why not just do it at a convenient time...or just not do it at all?

Hmmm...looking this over, it'd be silly not to have my own slot...sooo, listen up:

I'm starting a new guild, gonna call it "Is This a Joke?" (name's still a work in progress, I might come up with something better).  I can guarantee to take down the trigger at-least 1x per week (I've been keeping track for a while now, that's comparable to other guilds on DT, so I'm good there).  My wife recently learned to loot, so i'm covered on the player count too.  Now when do I get my rotation slot? :P

I asked only because someone earlier in this thread suggested joining up with guilds who raid in your timezone.   Judging from the lack of response, there's nobody in Pacific time.

There also was the comment earlier that everyone has an equal chance to raid, but it was missing the caveat that they had to play on Eastern time.

Well, it is what it is.