Raid Rotations

HI Everyone, 

Summer is here and with that and the low population of the server i think it might be time to put the Raid Rotation on hold. I'm thinking as the new month comes we make it  FFA on all Raids coming forth till such a time a change needs to be placed in to keep order again..

PS  Any other thoughts on this issue . please lets keep it  simple and have fun out there everyone..

Raiderman 

Edited by Raiderman
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sagerat said:

Why do we have to keep beating this dead horse.. tired of it..!!!

Possibly because he can see that the old system with the current state of the server at this point in time is not very efficient, raid triggers from all rotation slots are being left up for days on end without being done due to guild members/public numbers etc not being online and even multiboxed.

Raiderman has just suggested a possible temporary alternative that we might all want to mull over a day or two.

I for one am up for trying out anything that might benefit the server as a whole, casing point the other day we had 140 online and still couldn't gather 12 people to do a raid, hey if his idea doesn't work we can soon put it straight back to the way it is and watch the triggers float about with no harm done.

Sagerat  you are right in the way it's been brought up time and time again but the only way to throw new possibly better ideas is to keep reviewing things, people change, the server changes and the game changes and just because something was great and worked perfect 3 years ago  does not mean it fits in with today's state of play.

Regards

PESTILENNCE.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

'Sigh' Here we go again :) "To rotate or not to rotate ............... that is the question".   But before we all start getting our knickers in a twist debating the pro's and con's of rotation, there are players out there that can do all but 3 raids with 1 or 2 players multi-boxing and the rest with 3 players. Are these players on a 'free for all' raiding policy going to be handing out the loot from 'raids' to new(or existing) players for free or controlling the flow of raid items through 'WTT' and/or extortionate prices ?  I don't know how the other guilds work but here at VGE we always lotto the loot from a raid based on 'Mains' first 'Alts' second . In this way new players joining our guild get kitted out fast and fairly before established players in the guild start collecting multiples of raid loot. Also i would add that if a guild requests help to do a raid everyone attending the raid is included in the loot lotto .

Maybe we could seriously try asking each other to help out on raids regardless of what guild we are in ? This might one way of not leaving the triggers to fester for days on end.

Doing away with the rotation will only serve to allow a few to stockpile raid loot on their toons ,at least the rotation stops greed 

Edited by Prrekoorb
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Canman said:

leave the rotation on but try open invites when the hosting guild needs players. host handles raids and loot.

completly agree with Canman!

"FFA on all Raids"

Does this include the warder? I always seen you guys quickly log on your full fleets whenever others came over to have fun so I assume that's a consider a raid to BI standards.

If people just want to collect more loots for their bank vaults or better % for their number ## alts or just for WTT to market, then it's pointless.

PS: Anything you do represent everything you do.

1 hour ago, AlanEnB said:

"FFA on all Raids"

Does this include the warder? I always seen you guys quickly log on your full fleets whenever others came over to have fun so I assume that's a consider a raid to BI standards.

If people just want to collect more loots for their bank vaults or better % for their number ## alts or just for WTT to market, then it's pointless.

PS: Anything you do represent everything you do.

This thread is referring to the 4 "rotation" raids: Troller/GoBB/RD Base/DT.

As for the warder, speak up in broadcast if you see me there, I'll be happy to group up with you and we can camp it together.

So the warder isn't a raid to you? Glad to know.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, I have to pass. I getting busier in real life and have other commitments to take care of and can't afford to camp like you guys do LOL.

The server population is always low during the summer We have had this issue on and off far to long. How about keeping the rotation as is with a few new rules until September 1st. If you do not do the current raid within say... 24 hrs from it coming up you forfeit it to public or FFA. This way there is no one group that will own all raids if one isn't getting done. When September 1st rolls around it goes back to normal. Just my two cents. Also this would have to be agreed upon by the current so called Big Three.

\

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If there is going to be a discussion about putting aside the Raid Rotation, whether it be temporarily or otherwise, the leaders of Builders Inc., VGE, and Static as well as the Public guilds who participate in the Public's week should be present at such a meeting; if such a meeting has not yet taken place since they are part of the Raid Rotation and their opinions on this matter are just as important as the Big 3.

That been said, I agree with Wrock70's post; what he stated makes sense and it is in my opinion far more fair than opening a raid trigger to anyone at anytime after it spawns and may not be able to complete a raid for whatever reason.  This is what I think and you can take it for whatever it's worth.

Edited by DaggerDX

Thank you so far for the feed back ppl, I've always said if we don't have the ppl grab some ppl and get it done.. I myself don't get a lot of play time work, Family life, ETC.....

I was trying to think of a way to pull the server together as a whole and create a more friendly playing time for all.. that is all.. 

FYI, this thread was started by Builder's Inc, it represents BI's opinion.  Just to make this clear, we're not proposing this to do more raids, if anything it's to release some triggers so those that are interested can use em.

Anyway, here's a thought, how about dropping a couple of the less desirable raids from the rotation (RD and DT) for the summer, and leave those as FFA with the stipulation that any of the big 3 organizing those raids open it up to everyone that wants to join them by advertizing it in general chat at least an hour before the start time.  Obviously participants need to have raid capable toons (OL140+).  Guild organizing the raid can use their lotto rules or public's...from what I've seen, there are some differences, but everyone has a fair distribution system.

I'm all for Flip's thought.

I'v played the Public side of the raids when i can, but because of my Time Zone i'm not able to get to them as the Eastern time zone have them finished up while i'm still working. Even when i have the chance to get on i see DT and RD left time and again because nobody likes the loot or the Lag while doing these raids. DT raid's won't have much loot doping till the rest of the DT content ( like Zeke mission stuff ) get into the game. Even then there still wasn't much droping in DT that i remember from Live. The RD base nobody likes the lag spikes. The most wanted raids seem to be the Controler and GoBB, as for the invites from the Big 3 to help them on raid's that seems non existent but 1 of them that has invited me quite often and for personal reasons i'v held back from rolling at times ( Yes i have rolled a few times ). More server wide participation would be nice to see.

the only thing i have to say...

FFA = end of the game !

think about it guys! we all love this game, if we FFA raid rotation, the same gang will done all raids and make the other sad.... you dont want it ;)

M.

Hi all, 

So I was on TS, chatting to a few of you and the idea which Wrock posted is an accumulation of ideas which came out of the discussion we had.  

I agree that the current system has some flaws and like others, I get frustrated when I see neglected triggers, but at the same time, a full FFA is just a knee-jerk reaction and will almost certainly swing the pendulum the other way, reducing the numbers of individuals who get involved.   I am in a guild which has seen a lot of players going MIA for various personal reasons and so public raids and the occasional 'special invite' is the only way I am able to get involved.  Furthermore, us UK based players will see our chances reduced further if a full FFA is implemented. 

So, I hate only pointing out flaws and always try to offer a solution so, as Wrock posted, keep the rotation but implement additional forfeit rules:

• Raid to be completed in x number of hours (24?/36?/48?)  (24 feels right, just so long as there is some flexibility and public don't just steam in and take the raid at 24 hours and 1 min.)
    • Public to formally announce they are going to trigger it and if that guild can gather troops quickly, public backs down.
  • 3 Strikes and your out:  Fail to do the raid within the agreed time period 3 times in a week and you loose your slot in the rotation
    • The raid gets added to the public rotation
    • Earn it back by means of a requesting being added back and proving your guilds worth
  • Encourage guilds who are struggling to open up their raids to public, ensuring that the public are aware of that guilds raid rules before starting the raid.

Thoughts people?

Really.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another idea could be is to have have a Uk or around that timezone GM that can open the prs gate.

I have missed the Rd raid on Monday due to the hour its started forming close to midnight and last night I got a text at 01:00 to tell me it was forming for the second chance at the raid, needless to say I didn't attend lol.

All the idea's being thrown out here have merit and I am happy to trial them all but it will need everyone concerned ie the 3 guilds who have a slot and a spokesperson for the public to agree to any trial changes.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Sagerat said:

I'm all for Flip's thought.

I'v played the Public side of the raids when i can, but because of my Time Zone i'm not able to get to them as the Eastern time zone have them finished up while i'm still working

Same boat here. Havent had much time to play as of late either.

Ive been in these discussions before, started one or two of them and my thoughts are pretty much the same. I would like to see everyone play together which a FFA would promote, I don't buy into the the 1 or 2 guy multibox teams taking all the triggers,

What if each raid was given a time slot           noon - 6pm - midnight - 6 am    and each week the raids would rotate thru the time zones

On 5/17/2016 at 3:38 AM, Mutant said:

the only thing i have to say...

FFA = end of the game !

Or...

If things start getting out-of-hand/unpleasant/Community-destructive with the Raids on FFA..:

Just revert back to the Raid Rotation.

Just a thought.

The primary justification for the Raid Rotation remaining in effect is that: [some time ago, before there was a Raid Rotation] there were lots of arguments and hostility.

So the Raid Rotation Agreement was implemented.

If the Raid Rotation Agreement is suspended, in whole or in part, permanently or temporarily, and all Hell breaks loose...

Just reinstate the Raid Rotation Agreement. (Or a further refined version of it.)

Not really clear why there should be any problem around this.

Given the traditionally low server population during the summer, and the generally well-established and amicable community we have of committed players: is there really any fear that there will be a Community breakdown without the Raid Agreement? Or that if things do turn unpleasant, it would be impossible to reinstate the Raid Agreement?

NB. I feel much more comfortable supporting a temporary suspension of the Raid Agreement now, because since I moved to the country and seen my broadband connection drop from 200Mbps to 1Mbps (I'm not kidding), I'm no longer in a position to be tempted into MB'ng Raids that should more fairly be done by real groups. :)

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, a Question for everyone here..........

Everyone seems to be in the "Just ask for help" camp, so how many of the guild members should be present before you can ask for help?

I ask because this time of year, or at night, there will be 1-3 people in public online, not enough to raid but the only time there are sufficient numbers is EST, thus locking in the raid time.

At night there either aren't enough raid able players on, or they wont help for one reason or another  kind of a crappy situation

I consider myself a "new" member that been around long enough to raise an opinion.

From what I've seen, we got some Multi-boxing guilds doing raid, some semi-Multi-boxing and some only-multi-box when needed. The first, I consider a mistake as it will leave the prospect of MMO in general and simply selfish (Put yourself in the spot you fit).

The rotation in general is a good start, but I think were missing two details in it. A: European's (like me) have a very small window to join (low qty of players is challenge). B: Triggers are not used, but forbidden to be done.

Instead of guild-only (or public) rotation, why not set-up hosting-rotation. Each rotation is hosted by the big boys and inform the people when they are planning too kick it of..Maybe time-zone can be considered so those "down-under" will be able to join the fun also..If they cannot raise enough, some will Multi-box.. If stil not possible a tread will be opened on the forum so people can see that if they raise enough PEOPLE, they can do it with 1 restriction...If done on tread-base all players should be listed so all in game can see and evoluate if it was just 2 people or not (which could generate more "hosting-guild" on performance instead of numbers)

Just my 2cent of a not-forum-whore and me understand English, me type English, me not typo-worry

Hey Gossip,

I am always interested in reading new suggestions on the rotation, I have a question to ask if that's ok?

Your idea about a raid being hosted by one of the guilds that have a slot to themselves, would it be ran like a gate raid or FB where the host gets to reserve 1 item before the raid starts, or did you have something else in mind?

I am not sure I am reading the last part of your post correctly about the thread posting, it's no doubt me not having enough coffee to fire up my single brain cell lol :).

Is it possible to clarify what you mean?

Regards

PESTILENNCE :ph34r:

First of all.. When I posted I was almost falling asleep, so irregulaties is normal with or without the coffee :P. Alto I consider a GR or FB reserve fair due to  the effort taken to get the trigger, in this case I would not find it as so. But I will try to rewrite.. The principle is not having the right too do the raid, but more in a honor (dunno how to write priviligde) to be the hoster of having the raids done as many as possible and for everyone on the server. As it could be a transition of the rotation we should keep the "big-boys" lottery-system in place. If the guild have a reserve on items because of an inguild rewardsystem (example B-day) than it should be honered as such.

In bullits:

*  Rotation guild, make a post in general when raid will commence.

* When not enough players, some (some means a few and not 1 or 2 players launching a fleet of alts) duel-boxing would be asked to do it

* IF not enough to do the raid, the rotation guild would make a little post on forum so other can try to group up and have it done.

* IF done, organizer will post with whom joined

* IF so everyone can check on the alts (small communitie)

* IF we keep getting the same organizer, he should be entitiled to "become" a rotation guild (if wanted).

Hope this clarrifies. If not, catch me in the EU-zone in game :).

How about this for an idea , make the PRS sector available by talking to a vendor in NET-7 Station , Just like the GR and FB you get a trigger you take to the Gate in Saturn You would have to pay a large fee of course and that amount would depend on which raid you choose. There would be a timer on the trigger after purchase, meaning you would have to get everyone ready for the raid BEFORE talking to the Vendor . Only one raid at a time and a timer on the gate to stop over use of this system . At least this might stop all the worrying over whether or not a particular guild is doing all of its raids within its week (when even if it is or isn't its still their week their loss not yours and should not concern you).

Edited by Prrekoorb
  • Upvote 3