PRS Raids

Hi all,

Would it be possible to do these more often and at a regular time slot?

I understand this is Blacklungs playground and he is a busy man and cannot commit his own time to a regular slot himself but could it be possible for other people to be able to open the gate and trigger the raids?

The reason I ask is because with the current rotation as it stands two of the raids in the game are pretty much impossible for people to attend outside of the USA timezone, the DT and RD base raids are long raids and by the time people organise, do the raid and lotto the loot it's usually about 3 hours that has flown by lol.

Due to the amount of players in the game that are in the USA time zone those raids are usually done around midnight my time zone or 1am when they are home from work teatime their time, leaving the possibility for the rest of us to attend and raid pretty much zero because many of us have to get up for work etc 3 hours or so later after the raid is due to finish, personally I have not been able to do the RD base for over 9 months or more now and have done a DT raid once in 6 months.

This is NOT a complaint as I know nothing can be done about when those raids are started because it's simply down to when there are enough eligible online at the time but at least with the PRS raids everyone regardless of guild tag can join making it a lot easier to find the 12 or more people needed and will mean more chances of obtaining the gear from those raids for the rest of us who cannot stay up so late/early depends on the time, this is merely a suggestion of something to perhaps that can be considered.

Fly safe Regards

PESTILENNCE

Generally I am online from midnight to 4 am pacific time zone  I have held PRS raids all one has to do is ask I can and will hold one if there is enough interest and participants.

Woodstock DGM

Thank you woodstock for your reply I didn't realise you could do it also, I will keep it in mind and have informed others that you can do the PRs when you are available and the interest is there with everyone.

Kindest Regards

PESTILENNCE.

• 4 months later...

Xiaolinmantis,  I work evening on the West coast of the US, so i do spend a bit of time online in the middle of the night (california time) when i am on if there is enough interest i will open the PRS and host a raid, As i am a Je i can provide jump services if needed during the raid so the raid can continue 

That being said, PRS raids are subject to the number of GMs that can serve them when their schedules permit. Until then you'll need to raid the old fashioned way, sorry. We cannot pay our staff, therefore we cannot expect them on at all hours.

Thanks for the response, Kyp. Of course I wouldn't expect staff on at all hours, especially when like you say, they are working for free. I am merely pointing out that it's not working out so well for some of us in other timezones and wondering if there is something we could do about it. For example, what about allowing the advocates to open PRS as well? Nadyra is very often on at the same time as I, because he's in Germany (obviously much closer to me). Or is it something quite complex and/or requires certain knowledge to open up? My apologies if that's a stupid question, but I am indeed ignorant of how PRS works from your side (and also what permissions the ADVs have, if any). If you could enlighten me, I would be most grateful. I just want to get a discussion going to see if we could come up with something suitable for all parties or not.

Opening the PRS requires specific permissions and knowledge of server commands, spawn groups and raid mechanics.

While most raid mechanics are automated, much is done manually in the PRS.

The advocate has a tag on his name. Oh, and a magic NPC wand that makes badly illuminated areas somehow brighter. Nothing else.

Staff accounts are flagged for these permissions and GMs are coached by Blacklung for this. Currently there are 2 GMs active.

Yep, what Arthur said. There's quite a bit they have to know about to run them and many of those commands (because of the nature of being able to spawn mobs and other such things) are limited to GM and above. The ADV is a player representative, other than the tag and what Arthur mentioned, they have no 'powers'.

5 minutes ago, Kyp said:

Yep, what Arthur said. There's quite a bit they have to know about to run them and many of those commands (because of the nature of being able to spawn mobs and other such things) are limited to GM and above. The ADV is a player representative, other than the tag and what Arthur mentioned, they have no 'powers'.

Explanation very much appreciated. Thank you.