Server down?

Papst

FYI, the devs know of the situation and are working on it. it's not always a simple *devs forgot to turn server back on*

i am aware of that, but then again, that info is nowhere to be found. i guess you just assumed that they are aware and working on it?

sometimes i just wish the announcement-board would actually be used to do announcements like "hey guys we killed the server, but the server-devs are on it an working on getting it back up", or "hey guys the server died and the guy in charge is nowhere to be found, so it will be a while before it back up".

i think something like this should be possible.

or am i asking for too much?

you would think that more than one person would have rights to log into the server and restart it.

but looks like this is not the case ^_^

reactor i mean auto restart script (do it from self without any admin dev whatever there) not a manual restart script(admin log intro the server and restart it) :P

reactor i mean auto restart script (do it from self without any admin dev whatever there) not a manual restart script(admin log intro the server and restart it) ^_^

Excellent! Useful information issues forth and there is no need for kitty pictures to calm the masses.

(Meanwhile, in a hidden location, the replacement for Billy Mays has been discovered.)

funny-pictures-cat-is-salesman.jpg

well i hope thats true ,

usually storys that start

... i was somewhere and someone did something, where someone went to a place where he cant go but then someone alse did and told me something and now i know it all for sure ... ^_^

reactor i mean auto restart script (do it from self without any admin dev whatever there) not a manual restart script(admin log intro the server and restart it) ^_^

Auto-restart scripts can sometimes be an admin's worst nightmare. You don't normally want auto-restart scripts because they tend to remove the ability to diagnose/fix a real problem and can make things worse, especially when there's a database involved.

you would think that more than one person would have rights to log into the server and restart it.

but looks like this is not the case :)

The server runs in Debug mode. When it crashes, it literally freezes. So no auto-restart while in debug mode. I remember this being asked back in May, when the server had a max uptime of 5 minutes. :P

Only the Server Developers have the permissions to restart the Server.

- Marco