Please Make Items Stack Properly Again

Hi there:

I used to run computer companies when I was in my 30s before so many people got into the business, so I know how hard programming really is.

I think someone has probably reported this several times some sort of way, but I still don't really know how that works.

It is so much more difficult to mine or play with the items not stacking.

Please fix this.

Have a Blessed Day!

Please fix the stacking... It is nearly impossible to mine/kill for very long without having to stop and sort stuff out.

Also when mining after your hold is full, the Ore is extracted but does not appear in your hold (I checked by setting single stacks of ore up in my hold and then prospected a stack of 3, none of the stack in my hold incremented)

Please fix the stacking... It is nearly impossible to mine/kill for very long without having to stop and sort stuff out.

Also when mining after your hold is full, the Ore is extracted but does not appear in your hold (I checked by setting single stacks of ore up in my hold and then prospected a stack of 3, none of the stack in my hold incremented)

That happens with looting too. If your hold is "full" but there are still partial stacks the game will go ahead and allow you to loot items but they just disappear into the ether. I didn't realize that until I had been killing mobs for an hour on a lowbie toon with no loot to show for it.

There is a bug report located here. This is more of a statement in response to those that posted in that thread as well as information for those posting in this thread so they can locate the report.

I don't see anywhere that was stated it was permanent, nor done to make things more fun or as a punishment.

What I do see, is a response stating it was to fix a recent exploit and what I hear is the implied

We needed to fix the exploit asap to keep the game up and running for you,  while we work in the background testing out the mechanics of other areas of the game that will also trigger the same said exploit if we just re-enable it. Sorry it's inconvenient, but we're working as quickly as we can

If that was not even close to the implied statement from Zack then my next suggestion would be that this information be posted in the ADV section and get Cimbad on the case so he can bring it to the team and see if he can help resolve the issue. That is what we have a player advocate for.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

First, thank you Allura for pointing me in the correct direction. If I find another bug, I'll post about it there.

I don't normally answer in my own posts, but when I saw this was working as intended I didn't know what else to do. We can absolutely do combat on a character that doesn't have to use ammo. Characters that use ammo already have very few slots, and if you're in an actual fight with a bunch of the mobs & can't cloak a person doesn't have time to stack items in his/her hold.

It is impossible for us to mine normally. When I mine, somewhere in my hold is Lev 4-9 ore depending on where I am mining. My hold normally fills up in 12 minutes. Can you imagine the time it will take to try to actually find each specific ore, and then to manually put the ore on top of the correct one when so many of them look alike?

A whole lot of us love this game and would never exploit. There aren't even that many people playing. I understand that you can track every purchase or sale we have ever made on  a character easily. It seems like you could figure it out from those transactions.

I have met some of the finest people I ever met in a game here. I know a lot of people think sadness is weak, but honestly this whole business of dominance, exploiting, and greed have just made me very sad :(. I'm just trying to have fun playing this wonderful game with my family, and playing like this isn't fun.

Why all the fuss ?  The Dev's are aware and will be working on a 'fix' that keeps everyone happy (like maybe getting 'craft' to work properly without some numb nuts exploiting it) .  :D  Its only a small blip on a game that is normally a joy to play .

Btw................ what did Alurra do to deserve 3 negative votes ?  :mad: (edit ....... its now 12 hours later ........  well done to those who have voted her post back up )

Ps ...... Zackman said  " Sorry for the inconvenience , but plz stack manually"        

I just hope he forgot to put "for now"  at the end of that statement .  :blink:

Edited by Prrekoorb
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why all the fuss ?  The Dev's are aware and will be working on a 'fix' that keeps everyone happy (like maybe getting 'craft' to work properly without some numb nuts exploiting it) .  :D  Its only a small blip on a game that is normally a joy to play .

Btw................ what did Alirra do to deserve 3 negative votes ?  :mad:

Ps ...... Zackman said  " Sorry for the inconvenience , but plz stack manually"        

I just hope he forgot to put "for now"  at the end of that statement .  :blink:

LOL I  hope it's "for now" would be a drag to do it all the time.

It is impossible for us to mine normally. When I mine, somewhere in my hold is Lev 4-9 ore depending on where I am mining. My hold normally fills up in 12 minutes. Can you imagine the time it will take to try to actually find each specific ore, and then to manually put the ore on top of the correct one when so many of them look alike?

If you "sort" your cargo hold (by pretty much anything: value, name, type), all the items that are the same will line up next to each other. From there, it is fairly straightforward (if admittedly a bit laborious) to then manually stack them.

I did a Gate Raid last night, and there's a lot to do when multi-boxing one of those..! Whilst the added step of manually stacking the loot was a little more of a chore than usual, it wasn't particularly difficult using the "sort" method.

Wait until your cargo hold fills up; press "sort"; aggregate your stacks; continue filling up your hold: rinse and repeat.

Would be my tip!

I read the Dev's comments as stating this was a temporary dynamic whilst they looked into resolving the exploit potential of the "/craft" command. If we - the Players - are mildly and temporarily inconvenienced whilst the Dev's work to restore what was an innovative and very welcome function, I'm more than happy to accept that inconvenience whilst they see if they can figure it out.

Also:

"If that was not even close to the implied statement from Zack then my next suggestion would be that this information be posted in the ADV section and get Cimbad on the case so he can bring it to the team and see if he can help resolve the issue. That is what we have a player advocate for."

Would it be remiss of me to say that I *REALLY* miss the weekly "Dry Erase Board" and Alurra's outstanding performance as Player Advocate..?

Think this is just the kind of situation that the Player Advocate position exists to mitigate... I don't want to slight or criticise Cimbad, but Alurra was always going to be a tough act to follow... And I just wonder if there might be an option to review the State-of-Play with regards the Player Advocate role.

Just sayin'...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1