Enrage Skill For Te

I'm sure I've been given the answer to this question before... I must have been, because one of my TE's has the Enrage skill...

But the other doesn't!

Despite the advice in the Skill Tree saying I need to talk to that Lieutenant chap in Luna for the Enrage skill... Do I in fact need to talk to Admiral Diego at Zweihander Planet..?

One of them's got it... 'T other hasn't.

Skill says I need to speak with Lieutenant Kyle Raine at Luna Base... But all he offers are the four repeatable beginner missions... And much as I enjoy killing lost krakens, I'd prefer to be upsetting Ten-Gu.

Have a distant memory of having to visit Admiral whats-his-face on Zweihander, when there didn't seem to be any compelling reason to do so. So I'll give that a whirl.

Just hoping it's not because at OL150, I've left it all a bit late in the day to start enraging MOBs.

Hee-hee.

Did a compare-and-contrast between my TE with it, and my TE without it, to see what mission I must have skipped:

"Basic Shooting Range".

Reward is Enrage Skill.  :)

Quite fun... Shooting L1 Trash Collectors with my Hellbore and Smiter's Wraith, if a bit uneven.

Now it's time to go enrage some Ten-Gu..!

I always found a missle "enraged" a mob just fine, even a hack or biorepress has a "enraging" effect on a mobs emotions, but enrage is really kind of a last SP slot, it's a "hold aggro as a tank or grab aggro from the tank" skill. It is suppost to have other effects high end, but I've never actually seen them work "forgetting" to use a skill etc. unless you count dps + enrage disabling them trying to use a skill as "forgetting".

I'm just going for anything that might stand a chance of holding aggro off my healers.

If only merely shooting at a MOB aggravated it... They absolutely despise anyone in the vicinity who is healing and nurturing... Merely shooting at them with the intent to kill them seems to be little more than a minor irritation.

Is my current experience...

I'm just going for anything that might stand a chance of holding aggro off my healers.

If only merely shooting at a MOB aggravated it... They absolutely despise anyone in the vicinity who is healing and nurturing... Merely shooting at them with the intent to kill them seems to be little more than a minor irritation.

Is my current experience...

Ahh...another player scarred by Talesh :D

I'm interested in finding out if you have any success with this skill, most people say it's not very effective, please let us know if you get any noticeable results with it.

Talesh, Talesh, Talesh...

My Nemesis.

At this stage, I'm willing to hurl anything I can find at that Healer-o-pathic monster.

Will let you know how I get on..!

Ahh...another player scarred by Talesh :D

I'm interested in finding out if you have any success with this skill, most people say it's not very effective, please let us know if you get any noticeable results with it.

Well Flip, I was testing this skill last night before the GoBB raid

when 1 in my group had agro from the trigger. Servant of Edward Teach.

I tried this skill numerous times and it landed everytime.

But no change in mob behaviour.

He didn't switch agro to me even with my 8.5k sig.

And he didnt seem to do or not do anything else.

• Upvote 1

I have it maxed on my Te Only because i have way to many extra Sp , its a huge waste of sp otherwise , i call it poke its far from an enrage , the healer aggro is so messed up in this game an has been a very long time

Yeh, they messed up heal agro, made it high, but for a reason, they wanted healers to spend sp in their agro shaking skills, healers never did before. They do need to pump up enrage too though, if the healer has to spend SP to shake agro, the warriors should to gain agro.

Befriend DOES work, it's a TT;s way of shaking some agro, yes the next round of shots the healer fires may DEfriend the mob, but get befriend on it and the mob losses interest in the healer. JS can cloak or tele away, if the mob can't see them, they can't shoot them, but yes, that puts a pause in the heals. The PP has it the worst for shaking agro, but they do get L9 reactor and L9 shields...and if they can get a enrage in (not likely on a boss), for that short time they are DEagroed :)

But I vote that enrage actually work, and better! If healers have to spend SP on "useless" (sort of) skills, the warriors should also, only they should be more useful than useless.

• Upvote 2

Actually have to say that I’m not too fussed if certain dynamic elements like Healer-Aggro, or skills like Enrage and Befriend are not working-as-intended… 

If that is the case (though I’m still not clear that Enrage, Befriend and Healer-Aggro definitely are *NOT* W.A.I... And I'm definitely going to put your tips to the test Matt), then I figure that just adds an extra frisson of challenge to the whole experience.

I created this thread because it just hadn’t occurred to me to compare and contrast finished missions between my two TE’s to see where to pick up the Enrage Skill. But far from feeling embarrassed at my impatience/incompetence, I’m really pleased I did create the thread…

…Because I’ve received some really, *REALLY* helpful tips in the thread and In-Game as a result of creating it.

And I figure that ultimately, I’m playing this Game to encounter and overcome challenges…

Some of those challenges are built-in, and designed to be precisely as they are working… And other challenges are there perhaps because some of the millions of moving parts in this Emulator need a bit of oil and/or T.L.C.

If it’s a choice between diverting Developers to fix or tune micro-aspects of the Game, in order for me to achieve my Chosen Goal… Or having those wonderful moments of understanding when someone /tells you in Game and says: “Have you tried [.....] ?”

I’ll take the latter and keep the bugs, any day of the week.

As I see it, Enrage is of no use in the current game mechanics. Various reasons come to mind.

Landing-rate in a Raid Scenario and the effect possibly gained from it. just do not justify the use over other skills.

On the Enforcers side, it would be Bio Repression in its various tiers or Hacking. On the Progen Warriors side it would be Shield Sap or Gravity Link.

The debuffing effects of Hacks and Repression are well suited to dim an enemies damage down to a value that can be take on even a tier 8 shield, given a maximum set of deflects for the task.
While Sap in its max:ed stage does a single value of damage which almost guarantees to draw the enemys fire.

In addition to this, there are multiple ways to crank the passiv dps of warrior classes to help them hold the enemies attention, so the Trader Classes can ensure the groups survival relativly undisturbed.
Considering gear, the Master loot comes to mind - Considering skills. both, the Environmental Shield and the Repulsor Field add to the damage returned.

In this regard, I consider Befriend equally useless. The effect of it might get you in a spot where 2 or 3 Group Heals will be forgiven before the Boss turns on you again. However, in a 2-Group Setup, a Traders job should exceed the wellbeing of his group and himself. In plain words: If you group is fine, the other is likely not. So taking 8 seconds to cast Befriend locks you out of the task the group expects from you.

To make Enrage usefull, a higher value on the casters Aggro-Meter is mostdefinitly needed. As for Befriend, lowering the casttime to 3 or 4 seconds would make the skill viable.

Keep in mind tho. The EMU player have setups, raidteams in live could only dream of. If the Mechanics regarding aggression would be the same as in live, the damage soaking part a Raid would be a Progen-Warrior one-man show. So cranking up the aggression from Shieldrecharge is a good thing in the sense of posing a challange to the entire Raidgroup. I can only recommand the FishBowl video on Youtube for a laugh or two.