Server Restart And Bug Exploits

Arthurdent

Sunrise was restarted today to address a bug and exploit issue.

The /craft command has been disabled; players have reported being able to manufacture complete craft sets (max cargo hold) using only 1 component set.

The Polar Express has been observed working incorrectly as regards the added cargo capacity. This buff has been removed.

A player was banned for a repeated questionable behavior regarding manufacturing/dismantling and selling components. Pending investigation.

Thank you for your patience.

We would like to remind you that exploiting a bug is NOT tolerated and invite you to report these issues as they are discovered. Failure to do so can have undesired consequences.

• Upvote 2

That's a shame. I use the heck out of the /craft command for ammo so I'm going to miss that. Back to one stack at a time like the old days I guess. :P

Hope theres a quick fix for that bug so we can get that command back soon. :D

Edited by Toaster

As a Progen I loved the /craft feature for my ammo building and will miss it :(, it always worked as it should for me personally but then again I never went looking for bugs or exploits with it.

I hope it will get any kinks ironed out and placed back in the game but if not oh well thanks for at least trying to help out the player base and a shame a few have inconvenienced the many long term, for a short term personal gain.

Fly safe and kill with honour

Pestilennce.

Zack mentioned in General chat the craft command wont be making  a comeback.

I sincerely hope its reconsidered once things cool off.

First of all, i SERIOUSLY want to see way more reports/tickets/PMs about possible exploits.

I was so pi....yesterday when i saw the logs and what "some" are doing - that is simply not normal....

I see all the players in game, obeying TOS, being nice and helpful, spending creds to newbies (NOT being a rich toon...), trading gear etc.

Player who are actually an active part of a dynamic community.

And then there are "the others", just exploiting everything, harming economy a BIG BIG deal, flooding game with creds, items (nothing worth when rich) etc etc. - that is SO ruining the game.

So before anything is reconsidered, we should really think about reporting everyone remotly not breathing in the correct frequency...

Its not about denouncing someone, i call it rather "self defense" by taking care of a little precious "whatever" we've created in the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any tips on what exactly we should look out for? I haven't run into a serious bug myself in years. That one actually crashed the server when I hit upon it and when I submitted the issue in a private forum message you guys were already on it.

This most recent issue seems like something a random person discovered and was able to do solo. Most folks that break the rules like that aren't obvious about it. I always try to talk to the GM's about things that don't seem to work correctly, but I also don't want to burden them with something trivial.

As it is I will continue to report anything strange I come across to the GM's and maybe even go back to trying to break things like I did during the Beta. At the moment though I'm mostly toying with low level characters and everything there seems to be working nicely.

Thanks for all the work you and the other devs have put into this over the years Zackman. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it.

I won't go into details about how the exploit worked w/o the staff's permission, but this particular one I discovered by accident last weekend, thought it might have been a fluke or maybe I wasn't paying attention to what I thought I was doing, didn't play again until this weekend and to be sure I repeated the process and called for a GM or DEV.  Blacklung told me to inform our Player Advocate of the process, Cimbad was able to duplicate it and this is where we are.  In retrospect I can see how someone could have made a s*** ton of credits or even duplicated rare ores and sold them.  I'm sorry to see the /craft command go, but this particular exploit could be (possibly has been) very detrimental to a game I love so I'm not sorry I reported it.

I don't think reporting a bug/exploit will ever be something you should apologize for.

I have reported a couple that came to my attention over the years, thats exactly what everyone should do anyway.

• Upvote 2

As much as I really, really love/d the /craft command...

If it's not proofed against [insert_preferred_adjective] exploiters, then it has to go.

As for why exploiters exploit...

Well, I guess that's a psychological issue.

And also, one of those things where the crime is also the punishment.

Have to have a little sympathy for these wretches, if spoiling things for everyone else is the only way they can get their kicks.

As much as I really, really love/d the /craft command...

If it's not proofed against [insert_preferred_adjective] exploiters, then it has to go.

As for why exploiters exploit...

Well, I guess that's a psychological issue.

And also, one of those things where the crime is also the punishment.

Have to have a little sympathy for these wretches, if spoiling things for everyone else is the only way they can get their kicks.

Well look at it this way. Even if the offender reported the problem like he should have

the command would still be gone.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.