Hulks , Fair Play ?

...the Dev's possibly place a timer on 'open' hulks so that after a short amount of time they explode VIOLENTLY :)  !!

This is potentially an exploit if the 5th hulk spawns and the 'held' hulks repopulate with goodies. Certainly a violation.

In any case it's annoying, childish and not in keeping with the amiable playerbase we generally have.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Prre, report the individual in question to a Dev/GM. The incident you described sounds like a violation of the TOS...the same violation that Zackman pointed out in another thread concerning excessive camping of drops/loot.

My question is there a way to make the timer and/or locations of said hulks more random? The greed is absolutely ridiculous...

Edited by Giovani Soprano
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had a conversation some months back with BL for this same issue and though its not a breach of game rules its certainly something cause you're denying someone else mining them.

As i have said in another thread if you see someone keeping a hulk/roid open and not mining it send them a tell. If they don't respond it could be a sign of afk macroing (hold full so they cant pull in new loot/ores) so go ahead and report them.

As for people verbally abusing you prre you should know that for each one of those you have multiple times more players respecting you.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Upvote 3

I would think that it would fall under the TOS because it is blocking the ability to play by doing it...

Prre, I would definitely report the individual (s) in question, even those that chose to abuse you, if their behavior warranted a report, and then let the team sort it out. If the players in question are in violation they will be told as such and I would think repeated behavior in the same field will get them nothing but troubles.

The vast majority of us are adults. Why then are some still acting like 'teeny boppers'? LOL

I echo what Efi said as well. For every single person that disrespects you, there are 10 others who will show you nothing but respect, ya old codger ;)

Fly Safe!

-Alurra

• Upvote 2

I would think that it would fall under the TOS because it is blocking the ability to play by doing it...

Prre, I would definitely report the individual (s) in question, even those that chose to abuse you, if their behavior warranted a report, and then let the team sort it out. If the players in question are in violation they will be told as such and I would think repeated behavior in the same field will get them nothing but troubles.

The vast majority of us are adults. Why then are some still acting like 'teeny boppers'? LOL

I echo what Efi said as well. For every single person that disrespects you, there are 10 others who will show you nothing but respect, ya old codger ;)

Fly Safe!

-Alurra

I just wanted to post here. Yes i was holding the hulks open, and the reason was to get the hulk field back in sync. NOT to take away from others, ect. There seems to be a feature that are built into the hulks that make them spawn sporadically (one at a time). This creates a problem where they all dont spawn at once. Another thing, I haven't touched the hulks in over a week before yesterday, so I'm not sure how a previous poster could accuse me of excessive camping on it. I have spoke with BL and what you guys are saying is true, it is a disruption of game play (when more than one person is there) which I was unaware. Effective immediately I will stop holding the hulks open. 

The only advice I give you guys next time, is that you please just pm me or say something in local. Many could vouch that I'm easy to talk with and I don't backlash without being provoked with. Prre, If I said anything that offended you I'm sorry. Next time if you have a problem with me say it in local, or just pm. No need to start accusing me of afk macroing in general.

Thanks,

Fly Safe,

Traderben

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The only advice I give you guys next time, is that you please just pm me or say something in local. Many could vouch that I'm easy to talk with and I don't backlash without being provoked with. Prre, If I said anything that offended you I'm sorry. Next time if you have a problem with me say it in local, or just pm. No need to start accusing me of afk macroing in general.

Thanks,

Fly Safe,

Traderben

Prre didn't mention any names???? and I read his original post many times.  As long as I have known him  he has never said a bad thing about anyone to me in public or private... Note: And I have tried to goad him into a mutual bitch session on many occasions,

Prre is one of the good ones here. :)

Just my 2 credits worth.

Mim

• Upvote 1

Traderben , apology not needed as you did not offend me others did. Yes i should have spoken to you first in local or private first , so accept my apologies for that . I am just glad that we seem to have cleared this issue up now regarding the holding open of hulks . I hope we can now close this matter and i would like to thank players/friends for their support and kind words.

• Upvote 1

I had a conversation some months back with BL for this same issue and though its not a breach of game rules its certainly something cause you're denying someone else mining them.

Maybe a slight diff. case?

At least i consider this very incedence here as a TOS violation:

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass, stalk, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to another player.

Holding a hulk open is "artificial delay" with the result of blocking content for others.

But non the less:
All game related issues are finally decided by a GM.

I just wanted to post here. Yes i was holding the hulks open, and the reason was to get the hulk field back in sync.

You are assuming you could do this, but i am pretty sure the code doesn't work like this because of a random in the formula, so this action was basically useless.

If you want to loot - loot,,but you shouldn't block content for others.

For the PM thing:

Whenever you are actively(!) doing something in the game (holding open a hulk is considered as an active action), you should be ATK (at the keyboard).

Esp. multiboxing (all three toons are yours) and not responsive to tells could place the "afk miner-stamp" on your account - with consequences you might not like.

Hulk-Timer:

Corpses DO have a timer - hulks? Need to check....

Ok....Loot Timer on Hulk doesn't work as it is a packet controling the client - and a hulk is simply not supposed to have a loot-timer (client wise).

So fair play...

You are assuming you could do this, but i am pretty sure the code doesn't work like this because of a random in the formula, so this action was basically useless.

If you want to loot - loot,,but you shouldn't block content for others.

For the PM thing:

Whenever you are actively(!) doing something in the game (holding open a hulk is considered as an active action), you should be ATK (at the keyboard).

Esp. multiboxing (all three toons are yours) and not responsive to tells could place the "afk miner-stamp" on your account - with consequences you might not like.

Hulk-Timer:

Corpses DO have a timer - hulks? Need to check....

Thanks for the response/feedback Zackman. I do understand you have to be at the keyboard, which i was and i did receive a PM from a GM/DEV seeing if I was here, which i responded to. I also have my clients set up one by one, so I'm able to see if I get a PM on one of my accounts. I did assume so, because I thought that this certain field had this property of randomizing a spawning of the hulk 1 by 1. I am now aware you aren't able to hold it open any longer. Which I wasn't aware of before.

You might not be able to tell me, but I've noticed with some hulks they all do not spawn at the same so there could be a randomizer that breaks the hulks away from each other.

For example: 10 hulks are in a field. This field sometimes pops at the same time, if all the hulks from the previous time the hulks were taken down pretty much simultaneously.

Is there something that randomizes and makes the hulks in this field sometimes spawn 1 at a time?

And to Prre we are in agreement on the matter at hand being closed.

Thanks for the update Zackman.

Ok....Loot Timer on Hulk doesn't work as it is a packet controling the client - and a hulk is simply not supposed to have a loot-timer (client wise).

So fair play...

I was part of the team that figured out that holding those hulks open DOES in fact re-sync spawn the field, so all the hulks spawn together.  This situation occurs naturally with any restart and continues "most" of the time.  Occasionally the hulks become out of sync in their spawns, which can occur for any number of reasons.  Anyone interested in mining this field "should" appreciate the hulks spawning together as they all have a better chance of getting what they are after.

In this case, someone got to the hulks first and mined them (with the exception of debris, which can be found MANY other places).  Holding the partially mined hulks open does not extend the spawn timer at all, so is of no benefit to anyone, it simply allows all hulks to re-pop together for the next person to find.

All that said, no greed involved here and could/should have been handled in-game by a simple "tell" or local chat instead of the flaming that occurred in general chat, followed by this posting.

Edited by Grunther
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Anyone in VGE who read up guild forum knows I only posted the same picture inside VGE forums on Tue 19 Jan 2016 1:09pm. (Time stated is gmt+8)

Incident happened on that day if you forgotten what you did last month. If my intention is to embarrass you, I would have done it last month.

So you didn't notice other players staring hard at you for a minute, even though you didn't "AFK".

Maybe you just simply don't care, or laughing at whoever trying to mine "your" hulks.

Since I think that way, do you think I would be stupid enough to ask if I can "mine" your hulks?

Reasons why I posted it now?

Firstly, you doing it again. (I already given you a chance, but maybe you don't see it that way)

Secondly, Prre got insulted verbally for no apparent reasons.

As simple as that.

Alan_small_sig.png?1428898814
AlanTE.jpg
AlanJD_small_sig.png?1428898891
AlanPW_small_sig.png?1428898863
Allan_small_sig.png?1428898942
Allen_small_sig.png?1428898979
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1