Server Issue

Ok i have windows 10 on both my PC and my laptop

the laptop is running perfectly fine  with  E&B   am in and playing  no hassles  but the previous installation on  my pc was corrupted so have re installed after  a complete  clear out.   BUT  i am now stuck with global server issue

tried all the usual stuff . Its just this one thing thats stopping me using the pc to play the game ..

any ideas please????

thanks

i have configured norton  and it shows client.exe as allowing   yet the problem persists

Launcher uses UDP and TCP/HTTPS networking,

net7proxy uses UDP networking and TCP locally with client

client.exe uses TCP/3805 for global and TCP/HTTPS for login, and TCP locally to communicate with proxy

'Connecting to ...' error is for TCP/3805 not being allowed.

Either fix rules in norton or get rid of it. Disabling it may not be enough btw.

edit: It may also be caused by windows firewall, and/or some other internet security system you may have installed.

• Upvote 1

Windows Firewall may be a good point here. As Karu says, you need to make sure you can reach all of these ports for the game client to get out. I can only recommend step by step trying to make sure you can ping and get a response from:

sunrise.net-7.org

patch.net-7.org

If those are successful you know you're able to communicate with us where you need to, it will then be confirmed to be a port you're not allowing out, whether it be Norton, or WF or another FW software on your machine.

• Upvote 1

Note that you are in the UK...

If you are using Virgin Media as your ISP, make sure that the Firewall setting on your Virgin hub is set to "Low".

Really doesn't work comfortably if it isn't: I speak whereof I know..!

• Upvote 1

Check your F/W settings on your Sky hub.

I went through a very frustrating July last year, after Virgin pushed out a firmware update that reset the Firewall on my hub to maximum protection.

Afraid I'm not familiar with Sky/BT hubs, but I'm sure there must be a built in firewall on it. Try disabling it completely first, to see if that makes any difference. If it does, you can then turn it back on and try finding the right level or settings on it to make it work.

• Upvote 1

Yep, and that answers your VPN question, you would be tunneling past the other firewall to be on whatever network the VPN is connecting to and if those same FW rules didn't exist there, you'd be able to get to it. Good to hear you're in!