Net7Proxy Server Failed To Respond To Login Attempt. :(

Look at the attached picture...

Under "Launcher" in the upper left corner, if you click on that, you get up a sub-menu.

Click "Reset Launcher", and OK on the question, that should update.

Edited by Janwarrior

yes i have 2 screens   for some reason 1 is to right and 2 is to left  everything runs on 2 by default  and has done for  several years.. including the game.

i swapped them over to try your theory and nothing worked at all  i got the game up  opened it and couldnt click nothing to close it down

so have reverted to normal* 

am just puzzled as to how i can get this working again on a clean install :) 

i  may do another one and follow every instruction meticulously again

you have to specify a different local IP for each client that you're connecting with. If the server detects you trying to log in twice with the same account, it will kick you. That out of the way, not sure what's going on with the above. Not sure i'm clear on the steps to replicate what you are seeing.

Is this after a second client is launched or is it that you cannot launch the game at all? Have you registered on net-7.org as well and linked your game account?

If those things are true it seems more genuinely a client or install issue if you did in fact run the installer and everything with admin, as a few files have to be replaced which are in protected areas of the OS when UAC is running, which is by default on all newer gen Windows Installations.

its weird  i have installed  re installed numerous times and i get different errors each time  but have installed  every time with ADMIN rights.  just annoyed the first installation was corrupted   missing playing the game lol  think i might  fully remove all software and try again on a different drive

If you've UAC enabled (and most do, by default) then you have to choose to run installer as admin because it modifies some files during the process that it otherwise cannot, even though your account is the computer administrator. They have a layered user mode where the 'normal' user token can't do anything administrative without requesting it from the kernel, prompting the user so you know it's executing with heightened permissions and could wreak havoc, etc.

When you run our launcher, run it as admin as well, so that it can download and update the files to connect the original game client to our server effort which will allow you to log in once you have an account here linked with an account on www.net-7.org

To clarify and emphasise Kyp's point ('cos this comes up a *LOT* in my office as well):

Just having your account be a member of the local "Administrators" group on your PC isn't enough.

You need to right-click on the installation (and configuration) executables/shortcuts, and select "Run As Administrator".

This "Elevates" the process you are running to grant it full administrative access.

Anything less won't cut the mustard!

I'll expand on this : Even adding administrator to a shortcut will NOT necessarily allow admin access to sequential triggered executables.

Example : If I'm running the launcher as admin (LaunchNet7.exe), it does not grant the same level permission to the proxy (net7proxy.exe) or the game client (client.exe).

You have to individually add those permissions at the file in it's own directory, as well as change their compatibility settings.

I'll expand on this : Even adding administrator to a shortcut will NOT necessarily allow admin access to sequential triggered executables.

Example : If I'm running the launcher as admin (LaunchNet7.exe), it does not grant the same level permission to the proxy (net7proxy.exe) or the game client (client.exe).

You have to individually add those permissions at the file in it's own directory, as well as change their compatibility settings.

There is two ways to verify if what you say is correct:

1) If you open task manager and add 'UAC Virtualization' column to it, then you see that when LaunchNet7.exe is started as admin, every process started from launcher after that (e&bconfig, proxy, client)  inherits the column value.

2) LauncherNet7 has 'Tool -> E&BConfig' options, so you can use E&BConfig to determine which registry entry is written when LauncherNet7 is running as admin or as normal user and e&bconfig.exe does not have any box ticked (ie, winxp compat or admin). You can then use e&bconfig.exe without launcher to verify.

However, running LauncherNet7 as user and having admin box ticked for e&bconfig.exe does run e&bconfig.exe as admin.