Random Loading Freeze Ups

I love this game.  Played it when it started and was there the day it ended.  It was a bit tough getting to where I am now with the "emulator" but I have managed to get my resolution to 1920 x 1080 and the game plays really well, with even the graphics surprisingly sharp.  Just started up, and been playing on and off for about 4 days now..however...

I have made all five characters of different races and skills...and the problem I am having is more often than not, with all of them, whenever I dock, land, gate, or accept a tow...it goes to the next proper galaxy/universe screen, however, the loading icon to the lower right just pulses (dot dot dot) and the music is on, but I get no message in the upper left corner, and it never leaves that screen until I "control; alt; delete" and end task.  It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently.  Additionally, and not so much anymore, but I was also getting stuck in NPC conversations that end but the "done" button does not end the conversation (control; alt; delete...)

When I log right back in, 9 out of 10 times, I am on the other end of the dock, land, etc. and everything plays again well until it happens again randomly and not all the time, but a lot more than I like (see above).

No other issues other than typical lag from time to time (with any online game) with game-play just beautiful and everything I remember!

IF ANYONE has a solve to this...it would make my day!!  Thank you!

First, make sure the 4 boxes on the launcher are all checked off.

-  (Packet Optimization, Prototype Reorder, Disable Mouse Lock, and Delete TH6 Files)

Second, make sure that all executables are running as administrator, and are in compatibility mode for pre-Windows 10.

-  The files are (shown here is the default path, your install may differ) :

--  C:\\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe

--  C:\\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin\net7proxy.exe

--  C:\\Program Files (x86)\\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

I suggest using compatibility for Win XP Service Pack 2, especially on the net7proxy file. This usually solves most handoff issues.

In addition to what Arthur posted above,

If you get stuck talking with an npc use the command  /endtalk

If you get stuck at the job terminal use  /unstuck

And instead of using ctrl/alt/del , try to right click the little icon in the notification area of the taskbar and click 'end client'

I know these don't help solve your problem but should save you some time.

Well...I did everything above that you said to do, but is any of this making sense, Arthur?  I mean were you nodding off and listening at all?  YES!!  It's about my Universe in E & B!!  LOL ;o)

So, as stated above, I still have "hand-off" issues.  As a thought, it has a Windows 8 Compatibility setting (I had it on that before and it worked good/same issues though) but, I have now unchecked the boxes from launch and checked everything run as admin, so maybe try a different compatibility for the heck of it?  Or do I sound like a geek noob??  Could this be a Windows 10 Issue?

Any other help would be awesome!  This problem is robbing me of my full joy at this time! LOL...I used to have just about every toon in the old days at 100+ and quite a few 150's too.  My main was a PW.  I was manufacturing with all of them and knew this game like the back of my hand.  Some is coming back...but still learning it over again in a way...but I do enjoy very much.  I like it way better than Star Trek which I have 3 Rear Admirals there...and just burned out on it.

So Arthur and Stevinium...you run smoothly or have issues too?  What systems are you running?

Im running windows 7 32bit with 2 gigs of ram and a GTX550 Ti Video card.

Everything runs smoothly except for the occasional crash to char selection screen.

I have limited experience with windows 10.

I've been running it on several Win 10 machines with no problems.

"...I have now unchecked the boxes from launch and checked everything run as admin..."

all four check-boxes on the launcher should be "checked"...I see where Arthur said "checked off", but I'm pretty sure he just meant "checked"

Yeah...It very well may be a compatibility issue.  After all, it does only go up to Windows 8 and Win XP SP 2 probably is the "hot tamale" for windows 7 and older systems.  There is not much more I can do I suppose other than just trying Win 8 compatibility again now that I have everything tweaked as suggested above...here it goes...

Thank you both for responding here and trying to help!  Anything that comes up that may help, I will always be looking for it...

If you got "windows xp" in that compatibility mode drop-down use it (or whatever the oldest version of windows in that list is for you).  This game was originally designed to run on windows xp (back in 2003), so you want a compatibility mode that is as close to that as you can find.

Well, I am happy to say after playing many hours yesterday with my TE and PS the "hand-off/loading issue" appears to be resolved!  Thank you all very much for assisting in this project!!

Now...I need to find a way to get to Tiberius Shipyards in Primus for my lvl 10 PS Hull Upgrade Mish....Only way I see is through Mars Alpha Gate...however, it is not an active gate for me...any ideas?

Thanks again Stevinium for that Galaxy Map....very useful and has and will continue to be heavily used!

Question to all my friends above:

Do you have a really good mission site?  One that shows all of them, perhaps even race/class/level based and where?  Mobs; NPC's; Locations, details...??  I have researched myself and found some help here and there, but not what I am looking for yet...

Thanks again Stevinium for that Galaxy Map....very useful and has and will continue to be heavily used!

Question to all my friends above:

Do you have a really good mission site?  One that shows all of them, perhaps even race/class/level based and where?  Mobs; NPC's; Locations, details...??  I have researched myself and found some help here and there, but not what I am looking for yet...

There are a few here from the hard work of a player named Duvel ;)

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9390-missions-found-already/?hl=mivrei