Targeting A Location

Cialia

If its a place you plan to visit on a regular basis, you could create an alt and another account, and leave it there indefinitely.

Then group with the alt when you want to return to that location.

But for a mission location, which is why I believe your asking, not yet, unfortunately.

It would be super cool if we're able to plug in the Coords into chat like: /(x -23.20, y 55.00, z 0.00) Press Enter, and the computer would follow the usual NAV path(s) to get there.

Somewhere there is a coder gritting his or her teeth at me, stfu 4log.

• Upvote 1

If its a place you plan to visit on a regular basis, you could create an alt and another account, and leave it there indefinitely.

Then group with the alt when you want to return to that location.

But for a mission location, which is why I believe your asking, not yet, unfortunately.

It would be super cool if we're able to plug in the Coords into chat like: /(x -23.20, y 55.00, z 0.00) Press Enter, and the computer would follow the usual NAV path(s) to get there.

Somewhere there is a coder gritting his or her teeth at me, stfu 4log.

I don't need it for a mission, at least not yet, since I have yet to come up with a mission to even have a reason to do it for.  No, it would be nice to be able to target a a specific place within the sector by its coord and go there.  Such as, you have found a good spot to sit and farm a mob, or set of mobs. And in the future when you want to come back to it, while it is still worth it, you can go straight to it.

It is too much time to create a wasted toon just to get it out of the home sector and have it sit there becoming your beacon. That is a waste of an account toon slot and time. As such it is not worth my time to even think of doing that.

I thought that it would be cool to "space" items from your inventory. You could mark edges of gravity wells. Granted another player could pick up the bread crumbs you left but it could be a fun addition some day.

Hansel and Gretel did it,

Mim

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that it would be cool to "space" items from your inventory. You could mark edges of gravity wells. Granted another player could pick up the bread crumbs you left but it could be a fun addition some day.

Hansel and Gretel did it,

Mim

Yeh, and the rest of H & G? Well basicly they fed the forest full of btrds with processed grain bread....making a part of those birds die from gluten problems.

Killed a nice, old, lonely, lady who liked kids so much, she filled her days making candy for them, hoping some kids would come by and visit her, breaking her solitude...but they couldn't just kill her as painless as possible could they?...no they had to bake her to death...hidious, hateful, little greedy brats!

Then their father, so frightened and worried for their welfare, risked life and limb, suffering deprivation in his search for them. And what did the little hellions have to say to their father after all had happened? They blamed their murderous rampage as "self defense" from a "evil witch" (no witnesses to the contrary) . Their running away on a "evil stepmother" tossing them out of the family homestead, rather than their gluttonous addiction to sugar...never once allowing the step mother a modicum of explaination of defense, they instead encouraged their father to follow their example and murder his new wife.

Boy, what a different tale hansel and gretel is when you look through the eyes of their victims :)

So new coordinate system gets in, and previously innocent mobs, doing nothing but mind their own business and wanting to be left alone, will have a warp point right into the middle of their living room, were people they don't know, begin slaughtering them and their family without any preamble or explaination......so sad :(

:D

hmm, a way to note co-ords for future reference .. your Captain's Log maybe .. just a thought

and to get there .. Perhaps monsieur / madame would like an auto-pilot to drive you right there after you undock from zee station?  :P

Perhaps you have come to us by way of EVE ?

Learn To Free Warp.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

You got to admit that EVE did that well. The fact that you had to explore and thrust and look around for something, that when you found it you could "book mark" it for future *warp to* was awesome, and it also was cool that you could replicate it and share it with friend and corp. It actually encouraged exploration, especially if there was at times a resource that you or your corp. could possibly exploit or sell. this client wouldn't support that...but it was cool in EVE. This games "exploration" is rudimentary at best..but it's still fun.

Once in EVE I found a ore field in the middle of no-where, that if you tried to warp to it, it was so vast, that it bounced you out of the field as a destination not achievable. While all that was in it was the tritanium rocks, they were so huge, they were in the max per rock ALL of them..I think that was like millions or raw resources each rock? something like that. This was before they had the ships that could stop short on a warp path came in. I spent  45 min. or so studying what was the closest heavenly body to that, rigged my fastest thrusting, tiny frigate with as much thrust as i could, even did a hull mod, then pointed the way there from that point and thrust away......it took like forever to get there!

I went and shopped, bought dinner, did some chores...took a nap and checked up now and then. When I finally got there...hallalua! It still took me 1.5 hr to thrust down..under and to the other side and out like 25k to set a mark. That's how vast that was! It's a good thing I set it out 25k, because back then they were having problems with the marks, they would be off by a few k after each down time. When I showed by corp what i had for us, the big ships still bounced out of the field on arrival, so using my frig I had to reset a mark further out before we could start mining. It was AWESOME..back then they didn't have mining barges or strip miners, the biggest miner was a Apoc. We, as a corp, mined and mined for 2 weeks and still made barely a dent. We called in 2 sister corps and let them in to the bounty....we between the 3 of our guilds, deflated the tritanium market in the region and still had stashes for ourselves...it lasted nearly a month before we had finally depleted the field.....fond memories :)  I was a popular fellow for that discovery.