Windows 10 And Netframe Problems

DAVY

when i first updated to win10 the game worked and then came an update and new build for win10 and now i can't even launch net7  i get this error message ....

can some one help.... i need to get back in the game...

ok folkes ... this is what i did.... if i remember.... having problems with NET\FRAMWORK 4.6 It wouldn't run Net7 luncher keep getting error so i says to my self.... self get rid of net\fram 4.6.... easyer said that done.... you cant just uninstall a win10 app that is installed within windows ten... you have to do the following... it is a little diferent in windows 10 but what you need to do is turn off the net\frame 4.6 service which i did . Then i click on the Net7 Lunch icon and a window comes up saying you need Net/Framework 3.5 to run this app... so then a windown comes up and asked me if i want to install Net/frame 3.5 so i says HELL YEA... and then i installed it and now i GOT GAME...... only took 4 days and the wifes dirty looks because i was glued to the puter all the chance i got ... but now it works............ 

On Windows 8

Enable the ASP.NET 4.5 feature in Control Panel:

1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Choose Programs   (Programs and Features windows 10.)
  3. Under the Programs and Features heading, choose Turn Windows features on or off. (Upper left corner )
  4. Expand the node .NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services.(in win10 just uncheck the net frameworks 4.6 box)
  5. Select the ASP.NET 4.5 check box.
  6. Choose OK.

On Windows Server 2012

Hi Davy,

Glad to hear you got this fixed; however, this error is evidence that something in the Windows upgrade / threshhold 2 (update 1511) damaged the .NET framework by either incorrectly writing the machine.config file, or failing to copy it to the new version of the OS. The application is fully compatible with 4.6, as I'm using it that way today. :)

You could get around this by getting a copy of the file it complained about in your first screenshot and copying it in there. It was essentially complaining that .NET was trying to start so it could work with our application but the .NET service itself was failing.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't played for quite a while. After the initial Windows 10 upgrade the game worked.  However recently nothing would come up when pressing Play on the LaunchNet7 v2.2.0 app.  I had to go through to the enb.client.exe and set it to Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2). That still didn't work (which had in the past) so I went into the Net7 folder and changed the net7proxy.exe to Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Now the game runs fine again

Disregard.  Game keeps disconnecting/losing sync. Maybe time to say goodbye to EnB.

Edited by Crichton

Haven't played for quite a while. After the initial Windows 10 upgrade the game worked.  However recently nothing would come up when pressing Play on the LaunchNet7 v2.2.0 app.  I had to go through to the enb.client.exe and set it to Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2). That still didn't work (which had in the past) so I went into the Net7 folder and changed the net7proxy.exe to Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Now the game runs fine again

Disregard.  Game keeps disconnecting/losing sync. Maybe time to say goodbye to EnB.

It will work with Win10 without issues, Crichton. I have 2 of my 3 machines using it and they work fine. Make sure, after you've upgraded to 10 that you have set and run your EnB configuration tool for XP SP3 then run as admin. Make sure, as you have already done, apparently, that your game proxy is also set compatability mode. When the launcher appears make sure that the prototype reorder box has a check in it. See if that remedies your issues. Good luck.

Admittedly, I don't play as much as some of you myself, but I don't have any special settings under Windows 10 and run it fine when I do. That's why I said what I said above. The only one of our applications I ran into any trouble with is the tool we provide our GMs to do their jobs.

Kyp  I am running win 10  here is what i did to get the gmtools working,  i have not had any issues with it at all since i did this:

I created a GMtools folder in the EA folder.  than  downloaded setup and the gmtools file from the d/l page and copied them into the gmtools folder  then i created a shortcut to the setup file.  made sure that the set for administrator and voila` they work great no issues

the issue, Woodstock, was with the appref.ms (the clickonce launcher that we deploy with the app), all you really have to do to work around it is to launch it directly from the executable. No settings have to be altered such as compatibility mode or running as administrator to make it work, that was just a coincidence, most likely.