Health Issues

<Sigh>  after multiple 80 miles round trips for testing and doctors appointment,  the results of my latest tests are in,  (sigh)  Well its Cancer,  those of you who have been here a few years might remember I lost my left kidney to cancer in 2010 (the tumor that time was 18 inches long by a Foot around).  My tests revealed that on my right kidney there are several cancerous cyst like objects,  They are discussing with the surgeon who did that last surgery  the options of burning them off with a laser as opposed to cutting them and my kidney up, I am all for that i need my kidney or most of it so i can be a nuisance to my wife, LOL,  I'll keep everyone informed as much and as soon as i can.

I came back in to say that really sucks!!! I know you live someplace on the west coast and most likely in the best of oncology care... Having some experience in the medical field (read 30+ years) I would like to suggest you  at least check out the following site:

https://medicine.wustl.edu/new-treatment-options-for-kidney-cancer/

Even though St. Louis has been getting a bad rap as of late, the medical school, Barnes etc. are all top notch, and cutting edge for new therapies.  

Sorry for butting in....

Good Luck....

Mim

God the universe is inherently Flawed. Why do bad thing keep happening to good people. All the Bad ones get off scott free.

Sorry to hear about your illness Woody.

My Thoughts and prayers go out to you and you wife.

Hell I'd even come out and help you out with the dishes and the clothes washing if I was closer.

Get well soon.

Powergel.

P.S. While ya under medical care see if ya cant get someone to help you with your MMMPD (Massive Multiplayer Multi Personality Disorder)

Edited by Powergel

Cancer isnt something to mess around with.

Tell the doc to fix it or else you may be back with a little friend. 

ok just say fix it :)

Best of luck with the outcome on it and keep us up to date with whats happening.

Dogs that sit on houses and fly planes are hard to come by these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I was away for about a month and thought to scroll through new forum threads to find this.

Sorry to hear about your condition woodstock and my best wishes for a positive outcome.

I’m not sure what to say, but I want you to know I care.
Through my illness, I always say the one thing that helps me through them.
"YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME !"
The Love from your family, the love from your friends and the Love from this community will help you

get through it.

Much love.

• 4 weeks later...

<Sigh>  after multiple 80 miles round trips for testing and doctors appointment,  the results of my latest tests are in,  (sigh)  Well its Cancer,  those of you who have been here a few years might remember I lost my left kidney to cancer in 2010 (the tumor that time was 18 inches long by a Foot around).  My tests revealed that on my right kidney there are several cancerous cyst like objects,  They are discussing with the surgeon who did that last surgery  the options of burning them off with a laser as opposed to cutting them and my kidney up, I am all for that i need my kidney or most of it so i can be a nuisance to my wife, LOL,  I'll keep everyone informed as much and as soon as i can.

Woodstock... Listen. And read this post in a calm moment, when you are not getting distracted by something or someone. I want you to read this with 100% concentration, alright buddy? Okay. Now...

In around 2008 I was about to become father and husband, at once :) I've been a very happy hippo back then. And then, one morning, drinking my morning coffee and checking emails, I was scratching my balls, just like any other guy. And I felt something on one of them. Thanks to my panic and fear - I quickly landed on the hospital table and I've exit the surgery room slightly less... Symmetrical heh. Both of us know that worst thing about cancer is not always the perspective of dying but... Treatment. Treatment and fear, so strong and horrible that you actually consider dying to be not such a bad idea. I had fought that motherfraker. And I've won. For now. But the thing that every doctor was telling me back then stands solid even today.

Cancer, is weird. Its like a part of you that went rogue. An error in the matrix. But its also VERY susceptible for what you feel, and think. And that's actually over 60%. Yeah, you got that right. At least 60% chance, will you die or not - depends on you. Your mood, your will power, your fighting spirit. The problem is - its very hard to feel that way when you know you can die. The fear, fear and helplessness robs you from all the guts, all the courage, bravery. So the cancer and its treatment is practically disarming you from everything that you could use to fight with the enemy. I know how it works, because after that time - I wake up every day with wet eyes. I need a solid 5-10minutes before I can stand up from my bed. And its like that from 7 years already. I have this each and every day. Fear. Fear so overwhelming that it takes a 115kg heavy and 190 cm tall, grown up man down to his knees. Yup, apparently I am pussy cat. But then again - the moment you get that backward walking, son of a bitch - we all turn into pussy cats.

Woodstock. Fight. Fight with all your guts. Fight like a damn animal. Savage, vicious and mindless. Don't you dare going "aww", "ahhh" and "sob" on me. Every tear you cry - makes HIM stronger. So don't. Pull your face mad and ugly. You are a Warrior. But not only a Warrior, you are a Winning Warrior. You can do this mate. You WILL do this. I believe in you. But no, no I am not. Because this is not a matter of faith, of wishful thinking. You can "believe" in stuff like Santa or Easter Bunny. I don't believe you will win, I fraking KNOW YOU WILL. For me, it is obvious. Its true. Its the only end this story will have. You WILL get better. You WILL win this battle and war. You WILL be alive and living. If anything is gonna kill you - it will be old age, worth of century. And you will tell stories about your victory to your grandkids.

Woodstock, eye's down here ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Everything will be okay.
You will live.
You will survive.

This is not a possibility - its certainty.
So trust me, and stop being afraid.

Get back there and get rid of that fraking cancer. And then come back here and write back to me. That I was right, obviously. Because, I am always right.

Salutations.

Edited by DroneLocker
  • Upvote 2

Update. Radiology has scheduled me for surgury on February 1st. They are planning in go in and microwave the lesions off of my kidney and o should be out on a few hours. My wife said to get a hotel room so we don't have to drive home. Since I am not supposed to drive for about 6 hours afterwards. I'll pack my laptop. Hopefully the hotel has Internet access
  • Upvote 3

great post dronelocker...and its very true,i have been in remission since 2009 with a brain tumor and im still blessed every day i can wake up and log on...stay positive and my prayers are with you woodstock...

• Upvote 1

great post dronelocker...and its very true,i have been in remission since 2009 with a brain tumor and im still blessed every day i can wake up and log on...stay positive and my prayers are with you woodstock...

Various Joga masters can bend their body so they can sniff their own butt. That's will power and hard work. So if they can do that - I don't see why WE would not be able to get rid of cancer. The painful part is that you don't see the progress that sharp. Is blurry. Vague. Its like being blind and running a marathon. You do feel the motion and distance, but you have no means of figuring out how far away the finish line is.