New Law Allows Changes To Enb Source Code?

Don't know if anyone is following this but it looks like there is a new modification to copyright law that would allow changes to the source code of a game in the event the manufacturer shuts down the game server, ie an MMORPG.  Would this allow EnB devs to make changes that previously were allowed because of copyright?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/27/abandonware-dmca-exemption/

http://copyright.gov/1201/2015/fedreg-publicinspectionFR.pdf

Devil is in the details, darn!

""Proposed Class 23: This proposed class would allow circumvention of TPMs on lawfully acquired video games consisting of communication with a developer-operated server for the purpose of either authentication or to enable multiplayer matchmaking, where developer support for those server communications has ended. This exception would not apply to video games whose audiovisual content is primarily stored on the developer’s server, such as massive multiplayer online role-playing games."

Could it be argued that the audiovideo content is stored locally for EnB as well?  Server seems to just provide connectivity to the rest of the player universe 

"This exception would not apply to video games whose audiovisual content is primarily stored on the developer’s server, such as massive multiplayer online role-playing games."

I guess I would interpret this to mean as  long as the ORIGINAL developer still had this code stored on their server. I would think since they used those servers for something 'other than' that the code itself was relegated to the land of some type of storage media in a box somewhere ....

Just my interpretation of it. I know little to nothing about the legalities of something such as this, but maybe the team can look into a bit deeper (if they chose to, that is) to see if it could be of benefit to this emulator :D

Fly Safe

-Alurra