Need Help With A Part Of The Waking Nightmare Mission

Hello

I've done all the steps and am at the kill 12 chavez commanders part, most noteably this part ....(at the chavez HQ after activating by speaking with nav at appropriate time) there is no speech bubble at the base nav to talk to.....so how do i activate/trigger the commanders to come out ? am'I spouse to talk to the base nav or another nav ??

I got this info from the wiki here......

((7. Gather friends/mercenarys to help you with the "6 Man Ecounter" at the chavez HQ after activating by speaking with nav at appropriate time. (You will need a healer... a Terran Enforcer helps a lot with area hack))

and yes i'am with a group :-))

Thanks for any help with this.

You have to warp to the Chavez base and not stop before it. by warping to the base this will activate it. But first you need to kill 12 lv 52 Commanders, their not the quickest spawns. iIf you leave the area or log before you kill the 12, you will need to start the count again. FYI

You have to warp to the Chavez base and not stop before it. by warping to the base this will activate it.

Hi,

Thank you for your input I was in the group trying to help him complete the mission, we did try the warp straight to the base and we tried to re target the base,even dock at the station and come back out again to warp to the nav, as well as relog. For some reason the commanders are not being triggered. We even tried the command /fmu but to no avail, could this be a possible bug or will the mission need to be rolled back one step do you think?

This mission turns your lv7 Contained Voltoi Essence into a lv 8 Waking Nightmare. this device is used to trigger the GoBB raid. has the same 12% turbo buff but the down side is it gives you -30%PSI but also gives you -5% weapons energy cost.

The 12 you need just fly around the HQ they are lvl 52 an low spawn rate ,, NOTE >> do not log out until you have killed all 12 because it will reset the count if you do so a Crash to desk top redo ,,. Hope this helps 

Sorry gents have tried all suggested here and i still see no commanders...flying directly to the base don't seem to trigger them, and have sat and waited to see if they show up for an hour  (which you shouldn't have to wait for a mission spawn) can someone please check this.....could the mission be bugged after the last patch maybe ?? is this part of the mission working for antone ?

thanks for the help

Chavez Commanders aren't triggered mobs. They used to be always having 3 roaming about at Secret Chavez Head Quarters, Paramis. I'm doing the same mission for alts and also stuck at 9/16 which they wanted me to kill 12, which are now clearly MIA or extinct.

Already submitted bug tracker report to Zackman, I remembered him saying he's gonna asked CDev about it.

Let's see how it goes. Maybe waiting for server reboot is our best bet.

I completed this encounter successfully a couple of weeks ago... And I've been trying to remember what the critical bit of information was that helped me to finish it off...

Think I just have:

The 12 Chavez Commanders that you have to kill aren't called/labelled "Chavez Commanders".

They are called "...Enforcers", IIRC - but still CL52.

I was generally vaping any and all Chavez around the HQ whilst searching for ones called "...Commander", and just happened to notice the "You have killed x out of 12 Chavez Commanders" incrementing as I was doing so.

So that, I reckon, might be the assistance you are looking for Shynjyn:

The "Chavez Commanders" you are looking for are rather unhelpfully not called "...Commanders" but (I think) "...Enforcers".

Drop 12 of them and you should be able to proceed with the mission. Watch out for the big boss at the end of it though, he doesn't roll-over and die as easily as you might anticipate.

I think Holy meant it that it might not even be a mob of that level in particular, but I could be wrong about that.

No harm in just going in with the intent of killing em all and letting the enb gods sort em out though ;)

Just keep an eye out on your computer output to see if any particular one triggers the countdown as suggested in an earlier post.

Fly Safe

-Alurra

Yup... Like Alurra just said.  :)

My powers of recall aren't what they once were...

Maybe it is the CL51 Enforcers... I *DO* recall that I was killing anything and everything that was there, just in case the "Commanders" were trying to hide themselves in the crowd.

And it was during this "thinning out" process that I glanced up and saw the "x out of 12 Commanders killed for [Waking Nightmare]" incrementing.

CL51 Enforcers sounds about right. But if in doubt: kill 'em all!!!

:D

The commanders are there,  just not many of them,  you have to wait for them to respawn to continue.  There is no trigger on this step.

The next step does have a trigger, warp to the base, chat with the wall, this will spawn the Boss and his 2 sidekicks,  bring friends and a good healer

Thank you Arthur for the offical word on this I knew something was bugged...... lol everyone i talked to kept telling they are there just wait.

Happy to know it's FUBAR and will be addressed in the next patch so people doing the mission can stop banging their heads agaist a wall :unsure:

Many thanks to all the commentors that tried to help :)