Rais the exp during stresstest?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Rais the exp during stresstest?

• x1
    • x2
    • x3
    • no rais leave it like it is

This had been done after last wipe.

However, as part of the test we are trying to see how (on average) many hours game play you will get before OL 150...

Dont want it to be too hard, or too easy :blink:

what is done after last wipe exp is still the same as in st3 lol

st3 got only a db error for this we got x3 till 75 and x2 till 100

This had been done after last wipe.

However, as part of the test we are trying to see how (on average) many hours game play you will get before OL 150...

Dont want it to be too hard, or too easy :blink:

Heh. A long time for me, as my favourite character is somewhat borked by gating issues and faction display issues... also leveling a PW as my weapon builder for my missile-boat TS.

Generally a casual player too these days: wife won't let me get away with the powergaming I did in Live. ;)

Heh. A long time for me, as my favourite character is somewhat borked by gating issues and faction display issues... also leveling a PW as my weapon builder for my missile-boat TS.

Generally a casual player too these days: wife won't let me get away with the powergaming I did in Live. :blink:

Well, its not about 3 months to get to 150, its more x play hours....

How long before you get bored kinda thing

it feel like the devs cant read.

i talk about stresstest not about final for final are the rates perfect but how much we will get on a final a wipe?

right if some db crash or extreamly bug

now we need around 3weeks to get 150

but when is the next wipe? in march or april them we start from 0 again 3weeks to rais a char what is wiped again in 1-3months

tropic :blink:

i think it will be a good idea to rais the exp during the stresstest becuse the chars will be get again wiped befor the next st start ;)

The problem with this idea though, is humans are addictive by nature. Back when the oops happened there was a poll asking if we wanted "triple xp for a week" since we lost our characters (there was a couple other options but the "triple xp for a week" won and that's all I can remember now)). The week became a month and eventually lasted until the end of ST3, when ST4 started I (and a few others I know) was so used to the triple xp that I had almost forgotten that it wasn't normal.

My point is, it doesn't matter that this is a stress test or not, once people get used to the raised xp they begin to want it all the time, into the next stress test, Alpha, Beta and then into Live. I say no to raised xp, break the addiction, even if there's another accidental wipe.

Honestly it seems as though the rate of level gain needs to be reduced. In Live, my primary character reached level 90 or so in about 6 months; my primary character in this Stress Test will probably be reaching that by the end of next week, with roughly the same amount of hours-per-week of play. Players in general are zooming past much of what little game content is in place.

Honestly it seems as though the rate of level gain needs to be reduced. In Live, my primary character reached level 90 or so in about 6 months; my primary character in this Stress Test will probably be reaching that by the end of next week, with roughly the same amount of hours-per-week of play. Players in general are zooming past much of what little game content is in place.

them i dont know how long you have play on live per week to have do lv90 in 6months lol

i have do on live lv90 in around 6 days ok got lot of free time

enb is not a cheap asia item mall grinding game ala sikroad who you need to get max years

huh? i play from 3 weeks exactly and i am 6X lvl O.o

hmm i think you do something wrong lol

have just startet my pw yesterday and its now 5x but got help to do this so fast

goal was for today 75+ but i dont think i will hit it during the server down can take some while

hmm i think you do something wrong lol

have just startet my pw yesterday and its now 5x but got help to do this so fast

goal was for today 75+ but i dont think i will hit it during the server down can take some while

you got me wrong. i am not interested in powerleveling and this is my first and only ship. also i am mostly soloing.

and well... lets call me "casual players" ^_^ iam on line quite much and long but i rarely focus on raining or leveling up.

but aside from that - how exactly you gain so many levels so fast?

Just out of curiousity, how are you tracking hours played by an individual to reach level 150? Are you using a player running solo all the time and doing every available mission as a baseline? Or an average of those and players who always powerlevel by group touring or combat? That type of play could no doubt skew the results.

The xp is fine for combat and trade..its about what live was..the explore xp needs a tweek..not the nav,but mining, don't need to go into all the clear field QQ thats all documented, but the per item Exp either needs a difficulty multiplier over lvl, or a flat per pull boost.

I would also advocate the group xp share zone be tweeked just a tad so that mining/combat groups are actually more viable..as is if they aren't standing next to the miner when the mob is killed the miner gets zip C xp and if they off away taking on/kiting the mob then they dont get the E xp.

In live it at first was they needed to be in same zone..this was abused as they would park a noob at the gate and PL them with C xp and E xp. So then they lowered progressivly from 100k to 50k to 20k range and then even lower! I would say a 30ish k radius is probably right..very few areas that they can PL a noob near gate within that range..and if they kiting and fighting they can do so and remain close enough to share xp.

About the how they get to that lvl so fast? thing:

Xp/lvl is on a curve..each lvl you go up in a bar it takes a tad more to fill it up again. if you are a experianced player and know where to go and what to do on missions, or the mobs to loot and shoot etc. you can get to lvl 30 in 1 long day. Also since live had a lot of "middle" content it tended to slow the 30-100 climb..since most of that middle content isnt in ST4 then those players get right to the shoot and loot PLing.

The xp is fine for combat and trade..its about what live was..the explore xp needs a tweek..not the nav,but mining, don't need to go into all the clear field QQ thats all documented, but the per item Exp either needs a difficulty multiplier over lvl, or a flat per pull boost.

I honestly think mining xp is fine as it is. It was always on the slow side in live too, and it feels just fine to me. Of course, the devs have done a lot of tweaking and research to hit the xp mark where it is now, and I think they hit a bulls-eye, or at least very close.

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but x1 and "leave it like it is" are the same thing. ;)

Either way, it's been said that the Dev's removed the XP multiplier to test how fast people leveled without it, and to test the middle/lower content since people would skip right over it within a matter of hours with the multiplier.

One reason that some people might feel that they are leveling much quicker than they did in Live is because you have much more experience playing the game now. I know that the first few characters of any game level much slower than later characters because I am still trying to learn game mechanics, combat, etc. Once I get more experienced in the game, my characters levels shoot up, since I have figured out the most efficient way to get the most xp/hour.

Notice how many traders started the ST and did trade runs till they were blue in the face. Not because it is the most fun way to play, but because it is the fastest way to gain XP. Even when TL is maxed, they still continue to do trade runs because it is still the most efficient way to level. Which, in my opinion, is one thing that is broken about XP, but I'm sure that everyone will start screaming if trade xp is modified in any way.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but x1 and "leave it like it is" are the same thing. ;)

Either way, it's been said that the Dev's removed the XP multiplier to test how fast people leveled without it, and to test the middle/lower content since people would skip right over it within a matter of hours with the multiplier.

One reason that some people might feel that they are leveling much quicker than they did in Live is because you have much more experience playing the game now. I know that the first few characters of any game level much slower than later characters because I am still trying to learn game mechanics, combat, etc. Once I get more experienced in the game, my characters levels shoot up, since I have figured out the most efficient way to get the most xp/hour.

Notice how many traders started the ST and did trade runs till they were blue in the face. Not because it is the most fun way to play, but because it is the fastest way to gain XP. Even when TL is maxed, they still continue to do trade runs because it is still the most efficient way to level. Which, in my opinion, is one thing that is broken about XP, but I'm sure that everyone will start screaming if trade xp is modified in any way.

Agreed, especially with the bolded. Did Somerled-Prasad, followed by Somerled-Fenris on my JT in ST3, as it was the most efficent way to level her up. Got her to 150. Did quite a bit of it with my JE as well.