Trade Ribs For Teeth..?

G-Man

I am wondering why we can only trade 3 ribs for 3 teeth for each mission. I brought 4 stacks to trade out but that would take hours to perform. So is it possible to up the quantity a bit ? Seems a bit low for those that have a lot of ribs and not much teeth.

Good one ArthurDent. lol

As i understood the topic this exchange was introduced to help balance the consumption of ribs vs tooth in regards to their drop rate.

Lets say they drop about the same but the rate by which progens go through tooth is much higher.

Seems counter productive that you can only exchange 3 at a time. It should have been at least a whole stack per exchange.

Sorry I don't think this is counter productive at all. you all are sounding like homeless people that some one have given you a dollar but now you want two. So you have to push the button a few times. at least you can exchange them.

I'm sure the Team can look into this but at least say thank you for a way to get some teefers for riblets.

• Upvote 1

I hope that I can translate appropriately what Mord/Efi both really meant to say:

"Thank you Devs for actually listening to us and helping us with adding a mission to exchange all these extra TenGu ribs for more useful TenGu teeth, at least useful to us Progen types!

We were wondering if you intended to only allow an exchange of 3 ribs at a time, or if this was just an error. If it is intentional could you please look at maybe making an adjustment to allow for more teeth to be traded at a time?

Thank you!"

Yep, I THINK that was what they meant ;)

Fly Safe

-Alurra

• Upvote 3

lol Thank you Alurra for speaking better English than i do :) .

Syber doing the mission 80 times for a stack of ribs/tooth feels like adding the new stack build but capping it at 3 at a time.

Yes its nice to have but you couldn't have build 5 different component stacks in 5 mins.

I'm always appreciative of the work devs put into this game and the only whine you ever hear from me is removing that silly NOS device from the game,

Personally I don't play any progens to even care about it lol.

Edited by Efialtis
  • Upvote 1

lol Thank you Alurra for speaking better English than i do :) .

Syber doing the mission 80 times for a stack of ribs/tooth feels like adding the new stack build but capping it at 3 at a time.

Yes its nice to have but you couldn't have build 5 different component stacks in 5 mins.

I'm always appreciative of the work devs put into this game and the only whine you ever hear from me is removing that silly NOS device from the game,

Come on, join the crimson side!...don't be a racist...step out off you terran blue suede shoes and try a progen! Hey...we a re genetically "enhanced"! Once you go progen you never go back! :)

• 4 weeks later...

This new mission from the Bio-Harvester is an addition that I appreciate almost as much as the grav link fix of the PS.  The ribs last forever and having the ability to turn them into teeth is awesome. 

With that being said, would it be possible to add in the ability to turn Flaming Bile into Cobalt bile?  The Flaming Bile is only used for the explosive bile missile launcher.  For those that don't have a terran, the ammo stacks last forever.  The cobalt is used for both the ML and PL.  The PL however burns the ammo a lot faster than the ML.  I have many stacks of flaming that I can't use fast enough yet the cobalt bile is used quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1 :)

This topic sounds like a possible money sink to me.

250,000 credits +25 Ribs for 25 teeth and 4000 combat, 4000 Trade and 4000 explore XP a "Nice doing business with you, See Ya"

GHB : Implementing that for one type only would be unfair.

Coding that would have to take into account detection of what is in cargo, and if multiple types are present. Too much room for error.

I can already see someone trading the wrong stack for something they don't want and requesting a GM.

Coding that would have to take into account detection of what is in cargo, and if multiple types are present. Too much room for error.

I can already see someone trading the wrong stack for something they don't want and requesting a GM.

true.

How does "fair" even factor into this?  I could argue that there is a lack in fairness that ribs can be turned into teeth but it would not change my opinion or support for this trade.  Teeth are used up a lot quicker and there is a need for this trade.  The concept of fair is not even relevant to this discussion.  Can you accept that being fair and being even or pragmatic are not the same thing?  Right now flaming bile is piling up and cobalt is in short supply.  I don't have enough data to make a definite statement of fact but it seems to me that cobalt bile is a bit more difficult to obtain than the other flavors at the raids.  Also keep in mind that I don't like plasma.  I am an impact user and my build history will back that up.  Plasma one of my least favorite flavors of ammo.  I do however see that fellow guild mates like it and don't have an adequate supply.

I can accept that it is too hard to code but reading your fairness reason is just plain nonsense and appears to be nothing but a straw man argument on your part.

As far as the coding goes, how is it possible to code a trade of ribs to teeth but it is not possible to code flaming bile to cobalt bile?

As far as the coding goes, it's simple to code a 1:1 trade like ribs for teeth, because it's a single in/out. There aren't multiple types involved.

If there was a demand for the reverse it could also be easily done. Much like the Fritz brothers / Hanz + Franz (don't really remember the NPC names) stuff in DT.

As I stated earlier, it's not simple to code the multiple type detection in cargo and multiple possible output for the flavor trades.

Why not have a trade also that allows you as a PW to trade the unused flavors you cannot use like Flaming for Ossified ? That would also seem logical, no ?

Surely some player out there would prefer that option. And someone else would rather have a different trade to suggest for their play style or preference.

So in my opinion, yes, it would be "unfair" to do it for a single type for your personal preference, which is what I was pointing out. Others may disagree, as you do.

I don't see how making that point is a "straw man" response. I am however listening to "The Wicker Man" while typing this. Up the Irons. :thumbsup:

How does "fair" even factor into this?  I could argue that there is a lack in fairness that ribs can be turned into teeth but it would not change my opinion or support for this trade.  Teeth are used up a lot quicker and there is a need for this trade.  The concept of fair is not even relevant to this discussion.  Can you accept that being fair and being even or pragmatic are not the same thing?  Right now flaming bile is piling up and cobalt is in short supply.  I don't have enough data to make a definite statement of fact but it seems to me that cobalt bile is a bit more difficult to obtain than the other flavors at the raids.  Also keep in mind that I don't like plasma.  I am an impact user and my build history will back that up.  Plasma one of my least favorite flavors of ammo.  I do however see that fellow guild mates like it and don't have an adequate supply.

I can accept that it is too hard to code but reading your fairness reason is just plain nonsense and appears to be nothing but a straw man argument on your part.

As far as the coding goes, how is it possible to code a trade of ribs to teeth but it is not possible to code flaming bile to cobalt bile?

Let me add to this.

Where does it end?

What about those who don't like Ossified or Amber?

What happens when everyone decides they have far too many Ten Gu Craniums and not enough Ocular Nerves or Ossien Matter or or or ....

So in my opinion, yes, it would be "unfair" to do it for a single type for your personal preference, which is what I was pointing out. Others may disagree, as you do.

I don't see how making that point is a "straw man" response. I am however listening to "The Wicker Man" while typing this. Up the Irons. :thumbsup:

We can disagree on this and be civil.  I apologize for pissing you off and I think it is a cultural difference.  Don't take it personally. 

My preference is impact and explosive so no, I am not pushing for this because I like plasma.  My disdain for plasma is no secret and is common knowledge for people that play with me.

Perhaps the drop rate can be lowered on flaming and have the cobalt raised to address this?

Now that was the pragmatic response. :D

A discussion could be made for reviewing the numbers by ammo type recipes available, that cobalt and amber as crossover types (working for both missile and projectile) should drop more prevalently than ossified and flaming which are only used in a single type for either one. I'll look into the current rates with Kyp and a couple of other people on the team and we'll see what numbers get crunched.

Now that was the pragmatic response. :D

A discussion could be made for reviewing the numbers by ammo type recipes available, that cobalt and amber as crossover types (working for both missile and projectile) should drop more prevalently than ossified and flaming which are only used in a single type for either one. I'll look into the current rates with Kyp and a couple of other people on the team and we'll see what numbers get crunched.

You saw it here folks.  The Canadian and crazy Texan working on getting along.

I just thought of this while I was contemplating the problems of the world as I sat on my smelly throne and I came up with this.  Maybe instead of a mission to convert flaming bile into cobalt bile, we can mix it up with a small mission, refine terminal work and farming.

Have a NPC toon (some crazy scientist from Texas) offer a mission to all ammo builders that gives a new pattern for a bile ammo called "Distilled Flaming Fangs".  This "distilled flaming bile" would be described as an unorthodox method of making the explosive nature of flaming bile slower and more controlled using the genetic know how of the Sabine and the bat shit craziness of an Aggie.  The mission however requires that you obtain some "distilled flaming bile" and tengu teeth.  Explosive after all is just a fast chemical reaction and maybe slowing it down a bit to get the burn would just require an agent that slows the reaction rate.  The mission reward would be the ammo pattern for "distilled flaming fangs" which does plasma damage and goes into the Bile PL.  To keep things fiar, you could also include a pattern called "distilled flaming ribs" which goes into the Bile ML.

The way to get the distilled flaming bile would be to use an explore class going to the refine terminal and making it through several steps.  You have the flaming bile and refine it with dung from DT to make "flaming poo slurry -yummy".  You then feed this noxious material to a worm egg from Arduinne at the refine terminal and then collect the resulting excrement called "flaming worm poo" from the poor worms suffering from explosive diarrhea.  Next you distill this vile "flaming worm poo" with a beaker, test tube, a random lvl 5 ore and Chavez Herbal remedy to make the "Distilled Flaming Bile" which is the part required to make the "distilled flaming fangs" and a turn in to the NPC mention above.  The "distilled flaming bile" would have the same icon as the flaming, amber or cobalt except be brown with yellow specks in it.

Using the refine terminal in this way as well as a new mission would make us work for the cobalt rather than modify the existing mission for swapping ribs for teeth.

Or maybe you could just trade Cobalt for Flaming on the market....

Did you use this as an argument against making the rib to tooth mission? 

The rib to tooth mission was an addition to the game that solved a real problem and one of the best recent additions to the game IMHO.  I have made plenty of "trades" with people trading some of my cobalt for their flaming and then turning around and selling the flaming to a vendor because I can't use it fast enough.  Unfortunately I am no longer able to make that trade and help others out because my cobalt supply is so low.

I ran several gate raids in the last few weeks and was not able to make a single stack of cobalt bile in one raid session.  I ended up with about 2 stacks of cobalt from 3 Gate Raids.  I did however loot a ton of flaming bile.

Did you use this as an argument against making the rib to tooth mission? 

The rib to tooth mission was an addition to the game that solved a real problem and one of the best recent additions to the game IMHO.  I have made plenty of "trades" with people trading some of my cobalt for their flaming and then turning around and selling the flaming to a vendor because I can't use it fast enough.  Unfortunately I am no longer able to make that trade and help others out because my cobalt supply is so low.

I ran several gate raids in the last few weeks and was not able to make a single stack of cobalt bile in one raid session.  I ended up with about 2 stacks of cobalt from 3 Gate Raids.  I did however loot a ton of flaming bile.

Goodhumorboy

Not as an argument against making a mission, just suggesting a potential temporary fix.

Maybe my post did not come across as intended. My apologies if this is the case..........

Goodhumorboy

Not as an argument against making a mission, just suggesting a potential temporary fix.

Maybe my post did not come across as intended. My apologies if this is the case..........

I will try and make some triggers this weekend and do as many GR as possible to get some hard numbers.  Until I actually put the work into collecting data, I really don't know what the spread is between cobalt and flaming.

I still feel a bit dirty pushing for a cobalt fix considering how much I detest the ammo flavor.  I only use it at the GR and FB because it is the best for those raids.  It does however seem to be the flavor of choice for many people. 

For what it is worth, I am very happy with the mission to turn ribs into teeth and I am glad you guys made it.