Ammo Experiment Test Results

I have run some tests over the last few weeks at the raids to study the effectiveness of selected ammo flavors.  I used a standard setup of 6 200% lvl 9 Flechette Projectile Launchers while debuffing for the maximum amount possible depending on what I had loaded in the guns.  I tested Explosive, Chemical and Impact.  These results were interesting.  I used the lvl 9 Flechette as a control to keep as many variables out of the data collection.

In the data below I am just presenting the % of the damage that actually hits the mob.  The total damage that the gun imparts on the mob is a simple addition of the first number plus -1 times the number in the parentheses.  I.E. if you see 542( -443) this means that you gun is doing 985 damage to the mob but 443 of it is being deflected.  In this case you would be landing 55% of the damage from your gun on the mob.  If you see 1195 (+210) you are doing 985 damage but the mob is weak to the ammo so you get an additional 210 damage on top of the 985.  In this case you would be doing 121% damage to the mob.

I used explores for the debuffing.  The PS performed the Chem debuffing with a lvl 9 Basilisk.  The TS was used for Explosive and Impact debuffing using a lvl 8 Salamander and a lvl 9 Gorgon.  I also used the Chilli Popper and max gravity link for impact/explosive debuffing stack.  The lvl 8 Salamander was used because there is a 72 cap on debuffing and the lvl 9 would give no additional damage if there was also a grav link.  I also am not posting the additional damage that chem does on the hull vs shield.  There is a jump in damage when you get to the hull of a mechanical while using chem.

I am also not testing GOBB.   I think we all know what the best ammo is for GOBB.  The Progens are really only there to deal with the adds at the end while the Terrans own the Oni-like spawns from hell.

One word of caution.  Do not use any grav link except for lvl 7 with impact.  The other levels will wipe out other impact debuffs like the Gorgon.  This can be very frustrating and IMHO hurts the viability of a PS at the raids.  I really want this bug fixed soon.

Controller Raid

Fabricator 9

Explosive: 43%

Chemical: 57%

Impact:  71%

Precursor Alpha

Explosive: 43%

Chemical: 66%

Obsolete Model V

Explosive: 56%

Chemical: 57%

Controller

Explosive: 66%

Chemical: 66%

Impact:  72%

DT Raid

Results were too sporadic to obtain any good test results.  The deflects of the mobs are variable and I was unable to pin down any good data.

I will say that the Public likes using Impact, Energy and Explosive.  The TS is able to debuff very well at this raid and we are able to take these raids down pretty quickly

RD Base

Words can't describe how much this raid can suck when the lag spikes.  Chemical is the best for % damage but causes serious lag issues.  If you like doing lots of damage, relogging in multiple times during the raid, and just a sadomasochistic for enormous amounts of lag, use chemical.  I had minor lag issues when using explosive or impact ammo.  Chemical is just not worth the trouble with the lag issues.

The raid tonight was very nice.  We used impact ammo.  I used a PW to use lvl 7 Grav link on the mobs while paying attention to how far the non-raid mobs were from my location.  The lag was only bad on one wave and it seems to spike during heavy healing and chem use.  Impact ammo is also enough to keep the Command Center from using its skills as long as the grav link is maintained with two groups firing on it.  I will be encouraging Progens to only bring impact ammo to the RD Base from now on.  The raid tonight was actually enjoyable compared to the aggravation of a lagged out chemical raid that we have all come to expect.  If the lvl 5 grav link skill is fixed, the PS could be a good toon to have at the raid even if they don't debuff chemical with a lvl 9 Basilisk.

SDX

Explosive: 40%

Chemical: 155%

Impact:  81%

LVL 53

Explosive: 90%

Chemical: 107%

Impact:  91%

LVL 66

Explosive: 50%

Chemical: 44%

Hangar Bay

Explosive: 115%

Chemical: 111%

Impact:  131%

LVL 64

Explosive: 95%

Chemical: no data I was probably lagged out and screaming obscenities at my monitor

Impact:  41%

Ing Zhi Wong

Explosive: 51%

Shield Unit

Explosive: 50%

Chemical: 61%

Impact:  76%

Carrier Chi Lung

Explosive: 31%

Chemical: 136%

Impact:  106%

Command Center

Explosive: 61%

Ya Zi Long

Explosive: 40%

Chemical: 136%

Impact:  73%

I will add this editorial note about Impact.  It may not be as effective as chem at the raids but it is by far the preferable ammo flavor for me.  If you have a few good Terran Scouts with a Chilli Popper and a lvl 9 Gorgon, they can enhance the progens a lot on impact.  It is also fun to play the TS in the raids for debuffing, hull patch, Jump Starts and hacking.  They are the jack of all trades and master of only impact debuffing.  My TS did 23% of the damage to the Command Center tonight without firing a single missile just with hacking the shields.  It is also important to have the traders bring manticores for the Jenqui.  The TT should also bring profilers to allow the debuffs and skills to stick to the raid mobs easier and more frequently.  The TS can hack but not as well as the TE.  The TE is the most important class at the DT raids for crowd control.  If they keep the ships hacked and the bios repressed, the healers can get a bit of a break.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the data GHB.

Was the total damage always the same regardless of the ammo used?  For example, if use impact ammo, and the 2 numbers add up to 1000, then I switch to explosive, do the 2 numbers also add up to 1000?  Then if I switch to chem (and add up all the ticks), does that also add up to 1000?

Thanks for the data GHB.

Was the total damage always the same regardless of the ammo used?  For example, if use impact ammo, and the 2 numbers add up to 1000, then I switch to explosive, do the 2 numbers also add up to 1000?  Then if I switch to chem (and add up all the ticks), does that also add up to 1000?

Yes.  The damage numbers are always the sum of the base plus -1* the bracket.  This number was consistent with the ammo type.  i.e. 1100 (+100) is a base of 1000.  900 (-100) is a base of 1000.  Even the critical hits yielded the same % amount for the ammo flavor.

I used the lvl 9 Flechette as a base to test the ammo types.  The percentage should be the same across the different guns and thus these tests will give a non-dimensional number for us to work with in deciding what ammo to use at the raids.

I ran the RD base again just before noon with Impact and the lag was better than when I run with chemical.  The impact ammo is not as good as chem for DPS but I also did not have to shut my clients down and restart them as often.