What's The Point Of Build Ammunition?

Nouva

In original live there wan't a TS yet. But the PS couldn't build ammo, that's a new skill for this version of EMUlive. The PS and the TS are better with their respective weapon type. The PS can get to L9 projectiles and the TS can get to L9 missles, but they were real dependant on having ammo built for them. For them to be combat effective they needed stacks and stacks of ammo in their vault, built by other players, since they couldn't "build on demand" as weapon builders could. As miners having a vault full of ammo is counter productive, they need that room for all the ores they are mining.

So, since a new skill has been added to each class that wasn't in the old live (at least were the explorer classes are concerned) the JE got a extra layer of WH's, what was the PS and TS to get for that extra skill set? They decided to add the skill ammo construction to the 2 explorers that needed ammo for that skill. They didn't want the skill to foreshadow what other classes had in the weapon building dept. so the explorers can only do ammo.

They still have to add some skills to the other classes. If you count out the skills available and the number of SP they have to spend to max out what they have, you will see there are holes in a couple of the other classes, there has been threads concerning what thise skills should be. Got an idea? Sharpen your pencil and scetch out what you have and post it!

The PP for sure has a glaring skill missing, they need a top tier skill to spend points on, the PW/TS/JD/TT/JS have at a minimum lower tier skill missing.

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 3

In original live there wan't a TS yet. But the PS couldn't build ammo, that's a new skill for this version of EMUlive. The PS and the TS are better with their respective weapon type. The PS can get to L9 projectiles and the TS can get to L9 missles, but they were real dependant on having ammo built for them. For them to be combat effective they needed stacks and stacks of ammo in their vault, built by other players, since they couldn't "build on demand" as weapon builders could. As miners having a vault full of ammo is counter productive, they need that room for all the ores they are mining.

So, since a new skill has been added to each class that wasn't in the old live (at least were the explorer classes are concerned) the JE got a extra layer of WH's, what was the PS and TS to get for that extra skill set? They decided to add the skill ammo construction to the 2 explorers that needed ammo for that skill. They didn't want the skill to foreshadow what other classes had in the weapon building dept. so the explorers can only do ammo.

They still have to add some skills to the other classes. If you count out the skills available and the number of SP they have to spend to max out what they have, you will see there are holes in a couple of the other classes, there has been threads concerning what thise skills should be. Got an idea? Sharpen your pencil and scetch out what you have and post it!

The PP for sure has a glaring skill missing, they need a top tier skill to spend points on, the PW/TS/JD/TT/JS have at a minimum lower tier skill missing.

I think the PP does have something lacking.  I was thinking that a skill that buffed up the groups HDC would be nice.  Have it be an skill that raises HDC by 100% at lvl 7 and take 10% from that for each level lower. 

The TS could use an additional support role buff as well.  I have pushed the idea in other posts for a TS skill where the TS could "paint" a target for the other group members and maybe lower the HDC of a mob & raise its sig.  Another different idea would be a skill that would raise the damage output of the group with an enhanced damage buff skill.  Call the skill "Forward Controller" or "Scouting".  Perhaps at lvl 5 it would add 40% damage and take off 5% from that with each lower level.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

The PS had a method to build ammo in live granted it was just a single type of ammo, they could technically build ammo :)  Not on the level of the skills we now have that are an EMU addition.

As much as I'd like content and think its needed , I think abandoning content for awhile and focusing all efforts on fixing the bugs with  existing content wouldnt be such a bad thing.

Both can be done without 'breaking' the team I think. It would take folks to make bug reports on that content which is broken though. Can't fix it if nobody knows it's broken right?

Fly Safe

-Alurra

If it's broke. Ensure you post in the bug tracker on the forums, please use the gm tickets for in game things like mission issues. That require a GMs help. (ie: I sold my item that I was supposed to take to dewinter). If the mission is broke completely or a mobs not spawning that's a bug tracker teport. I also read them. To keep up on things.

• 1 year later...

Just joined the Emulator, I Mained Terran Trader on Live Didnt do much else, however PS did not have Build weapons back than, As I was the Go to for my guilds Ammo Locker :P