Prison Break!

Stoop

With the addition of the Terran Scout with the Null Factor Field skill and Androzari [Under Construction], we now have 2 classes that can potentially overcome gravity wells and 2 prisons, why not put these things to use?  A Red Dragon higher up wants a certain someone out of jail, and out fast.  The player receives the mission from a RD NPC, docks at one of the two prison facilities (DCO or Androzari), talks to an NPC who happens to be a RD insider who gives the prisoner to the player and tells them to take the prisoner to QAR or Paramis, as soon as the player departs the station they become wanted!  No docking at any station except QAR or Paramis and the whole galaxy's after them (Centuriata, Collegia, EarthCorps, Hyperia, InfinitiCorps, Sabine, Sha'ha'dem, Sharim and Shinwa) become hostile temporarily.  Only speed and stealth will be the players allies.

Rewards:  Trade xp (as the Prisoner Transfer jobs were basically the basis of my idea), +++ RD faction

Drawback:  Minor hit to all player class factions

I don't know, maybe making the classes temporarily hostile might be a problem with the coding, but I think this would make for an interesting mission.  Any thoughts from Staff or players?

• Upvote 2

.... and like you said not sure about the coding. +1

I can't even remember what it was I had suggested years ago before The Great Crash, but I remember Tienbau had said that coding may not have been possible, I don't know much about game engineering, but I like to use the phraseology

Edited by Stoop

Coding aside, there would be one potentail hurdle that would have to be figrued, the lvl of hostile from the player factions, you will have to gate through zones to get were you are going, the gate cannons if they don't like you by tons, will shoot you to smithereens! The old problem that happened in live was if a PW pushed his centriata facton to red he couldn't get into tarsis to take the missions to straighten that problem out (since tarsis is a cul de sac). This mission of it pushed the hate to red (even temporary) it would make the factioned gates be a instakill problem.

If you didn't turn the hate to red, then the "danger" of the mission would be the player factions would be yellow, not a danger, just don't shoot anything yellow and they don't shoot back!

There in is the coding problem, how agro is agro? And how persistant is that agro?

Other than that I like the idea expressed in the OP's mission idea.