Changing Guild Leadership

When I returned to EnB was playing alone. As such created my own guild. After a month I seem to be generating friends who've taken me under their wings and as such i thought I would make one of my alts the guild leader - so I could try out a real guild.

From what I gathered online, one would use /gc promote (Playername)
This is supposedly to promote the select player/alt to, and once at Admiral they would be appointed guild leader and the current leader (myself) would be demoted. When I do this I receive 'Your rank is not high enough to promote (Playername)  - yet I'm the Founder.

The alt I wanted to promote is on a different account and is already an Admiral.

When I try to leave I get: You may not leave the guild, you must promote another officer to leader first! Yet when I try to do that I get: Your guild rank is not high enough to promote (Playername)!

So I'm kind of wondering what's going on here...

Then I promoted another alt on my account to Admiral, yet am unable to make them leader via the /gc promote command or button.

What gives?

I'm not sure this will work its been a while.
Group with the alt you want to promote to Guild leader then try it.
But I seem to remember a GM or DEV is the only ones that can do this that's why the players were

ask to nominate a guild founder because it can't be changed by you. ??

I could be wrong.

Had asked Woody last night if he could change the Founder status to Tease (alt, same account) or Coldasice (alt, different account). Woody was unable to locate the commands to transfer the Founder status and suggested I talk to a Kenu or Karu.

Powergel had asked me to join his guild.

Edited by Xelkos

Congrats on the ADVocate position!

I don't know who is who yet. Woody tried. Not sure who Blacklung is yet, but am guessing he's the BL that gets blamed for leaving PR gates open? ;) Powergel will just have to be patient a while longer as I don't dare try to rebuild the guild after it took so long to get the emblem in place. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

just tried /gc makeleader <Name>

Didn't work for me, keep getting in chat box "Guild: Invalid command."

I've tried grouping with my intended "heir to the throne", I've tried targeting him, I've tried removing the space between gc and makeleader, I've even tried going to Net-7.org to see if maybe the command to promote to Founder was there now, I don't know what else to try

On 1.10.2016 at 9:42 PM, Stoop said:

just tried /gc makeleader <Name>

There is no such command.
"makeleader" is used in groups.

Its "/gc transferleader <name>":
You need to be the current guild leader and the new guild leader must be online and in the same sector with you.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

And now am trying to go back to the guild I created, since the current guild has been dead for some time. Only thing is I do not recall the other account's password. Lost a hard drive and all the data that should of been saved does not appear to have been saved.

So time to rediscover the game. Is there a /leaveguild command?