Progen Sentinel

I don't have much to contribute, but on the topic of PE vs TE hull.... on the planner on the Net-7 site it has the TE hull as being 48k. So it would seem that the Scout will have a smaller hull than the Sentinel.

Gotta link to this planner?

The planner is still a work in progress it seems but it's here <removed>. I don't think the Sentinel planner even works yet. And some of the skills of the class planners that work can't be upgraded. If you're looking for one that's somewhat more functional there's this one http://tun0.com/enb/ps.htm.

Edited by Slayerman
Removed link

According to this http://tun0.com/enb/ts.htm character planer the TS's hull is 56k and the PS is 54k. I would suggest that the TS hull be reduced to 48k which is 5k more then the JE's hull which is the same difference in hull size between the JD and TE. And that the PS's hull be increase to 58k giving it 10k more hull then the TS which is the same hull difference between a PW and TE, this would seem to be the most logical to me.

• 6 months later...

As a maxed out and long played PS in live and currently a maxed out PS on here I have a few things that I feel are over looked. I didn't read all of these so I may be repeating something too.

Respulsor field is actually a really nice ability to have - granted it's not something you want to immediately invest in as you have other things that take precedence. About 6 months or so before Sundown, RF was converted to "Absolute Damage" meaning that it could not be avoided by a mob - granted you could also not debuff against it, but still, it was unavoidable damage. Also to note, it's like having an extra weapon roughly on level below you since it does about 1/2 the damage that the mob does to you.

Gravity link also has the unlisted debuff against impact damage at lvl5 and above and it's a pretty good debuff at that. It'll also stack with other impact debuffs. And whoever said Progens use plasma as their primary damage type, you shouldn't be. The only time I ever used plasma as my primary damage was in Ardus.

As a maxed out and long played PS in live and currently a maxed out PS on here I have a few things that I feel are over looked. I didn't read all of these so I may be repeating something too.

Respulsor field is actually a really nice ability to have - granted it's not something you want to immediately invest in as you have other things that take precedence. About 6 months or so before Sundown, RF was converted to "Absolute Damage" meaning that it could not be avoided by a mob - granted you could also not debuff against it, but still, it was unavoidable damage. Also to note, it's like having an extra weapon roughly on level below you since it does about 1/2 the damage that the mob does to you.

Gravity link also has the unlisted debuff against impact damage at lvl5 and above and it's a pretty good debuff at that. It'll also stack with other impact debuffs. And whoever said Progens use plasma as their primary damage type, you shouldn't be. The only time I ever used plasma as my primary damage was in Ardus.

In Live Ten-Gu were immune to impact, is the debuff to impact that L5 Gravity Link gave strong enough to overcome that immunity, and to allow damage to fish with Impact ammo? Never got my PE big enough to use her against Fish in Live, since I started her just a few month before Sunset.

In Live Ten-Gu were immune to impact, is the debuff to impact that L5 Gravity Link gave strong enough to overcome that immunity, and to allow damage to fish with Impact ammo? Never got my PE big enough to use her against Fish in Live, since I started her just a few month before Sunset.

Personally, I don't remember Ten-Gu being immune to impact. But then again it's been what... 6-7 years since live and I quit not too long after the Sundown announcement as I saw no reason to invest more time in my toons. I do distinctly remember the mobs in Ardus being immune to impact and you had to use Plasma as your primary (I think Chemical would work but it wasn't as effective - I may have the two confused, too... again it was 6+ years ago)

Irregardless, impact was still your primary damage until you hit CL50-ish because few mobs were immune to it and you had the debuffs for it. You have that brief period where Rifles are your only really good option (PL L5?) but you typically move on to Mortars with a single Rifle for the buffs.

• 2 months later...

Repulsor field is fabulous , at least at level 5 and above. However, I think it is misnamed. I did test it out, and here is what I found:

Just for clarification, it won't repulse any damage. You take the full normal damage

What is does,however, at least at level 5, is to reflect 60% of the damage that you incur back at the mob! It is like having an extra 60% of the mobs guns working for your! It is a fabulous skill. It is certianly worth maxing out as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

As to Sir VZ and grav link5 vs grav link 7...in live grav link 5 for PS had the same effects and chances as PW 7. The PS didnt have the medium choices a PW had..they just got to max GL in fewer steps (this was a real gripe of PW btw). At GL 5 you could use the middle skills (i.e. faster rotation, single target etc.) with the L5 higher chance of success and power. Same true for the L7 of PW. L5 for PS had the same grav field effect (read AoE) as a PW L7.

In live the repulsor field DID mitigate damage (it's the reason I tossed point to it early..figured 5% was 5% longer health ;)) IF I remember right it was L2 you got a 5% and a later level you got 10% (it mitigated at the lvls JE got at 1/2 so when JE got 20% bounce they got 10%(it didn't mitigate I think energy might have been /another dmg type/ like the JE enviro shield). As stated it was a unavoidable dmg there towards end of live..thus no resists, early on it was a nightmare as it worked AoE and any mob tap you it aggroed everything in that area..you REALLY pissed off a raid if you had it and aggroed a whole mob instead of group target. But at end it was a AoE only on mobs doing actual dmg..so you didnt draw area aggro.

As to the Ten-gu..yes with the exception of the lower lvl like gnasher etc. 45-47ish they did have a +50% resist to impact..as the GL is a -25% debuff...you can do the math even with GL on they resisted +25%..so other types of ammo was desired..most used plasma because no hull bonus for chem...if memory serves me right though one of the TG bosses had a plasma resist..so the progen/terran had to bring 2 types of ammo for the FB so they could switch to the other for that boss.

More dmg types..many (like my PS) would add at least 1 slot with chem (yes even on non-hulled) because chem had a "stutter" effect on mobs dirty tricks...it slowed down the debuffs they could toss on you and slowed down their own things good for them..this was a reall good strategy on the gas bags in VT..since they had a heal buff if they got grouped they would keep healing other members of their group making it take forever to kill them. Ad a little chem tick...viola! no heals :)

Oh another thing about GL...it debuffed at L5 for impact dmg..this is good for the progen..but it ALSO lowered the mobs manuver base amount. It took the terrans a while to figure this out..they would pass over PS all the time when forming groups..THEN they caught on and would seek out the PS for it..why? Dodge...with lower manuever the mob can't dodge missles. There always was a fail shot rate for everyone..this became more evident when the mob was way higher than you. Add in a little grav link this cut way down on that fail rate. As missles have a manuever rate..and it would be compaired to mobs rate for dmg calculations....you do the math..lower the dodge rate of mob..higher missle rate..0 misses = higher DPS. PLUS if the terran was using explosive that GL debuffs for both impact AND explosive dmg types i.e even more dmg.

Group mechanics: repulsor at its max level on a group was devastating vs. mobs that had AoE attacks. It bounced back a cumulative amount. So player one took 100 dmg with a % bounced back to mob...player 2 had 100 dmg with a % bounced back etc. add that for 6 players that mob got 6x the repulsor bounce amount they tossed out in their AoE attack NON-DODGEABLE. With that 1 AoE attack they may have done more dmg to themselves than they did to the group as a whole :) As I remember it worked wonders on Desash the Destroyer's attitude (he had an attack that grav fielded everyone AND did a dmg amount when he hit like 20% hp.