Is There Any Type Of Hard Lock On The Number Of Open Clients?

So a few days ago just for the heck of it I tried logging in 6 clients at once where previously I was only using two.  It worked fine for a few days but for the last two days now it seems that I have trouble getting past three.  After some time I can usually get 4 clients up and going but after that I just continuously get the "Earth and beyond is already running" message.  I was just curious if there was a recent change to limit the number of clients connected or if there's just server issues in general causing this?  I was getting kind of used to having 6 characters logged in just for kicks. :)

I just continuously get the "Earth and beyond is already running" message.  I was just curious if there was a recent change to limit the number of clients connected

That is client own error and not related to server. You just have to try again with fingers crossed that it works. Hopefully fix is in next proxy patch.

I run six clients every day (sorry...  :unsure: ) and don't ever get the "...already running." problem...

Because:

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8349-running-multiple-clients-simultaneously-multiboxing/page-2?hl=client.exe#entry85828

I downloaded the client.exe file referenced in Geepee's post at the top of the second page of that thread. (Geepee modified the code to change a jump instruction from a conditional jump to an unconditional jump.)

It's been working like a charm for the last year or so. 

:)

I've run 6 accounts on wireless to create my own guild, though one kept popping out. Took LOTS of determination to create my own personal guild.

At times I can run 3 accounts at once, but that's not often or for very long. Lately have been running two, either on same computer or PC + Laptop. I have a very high end (as of 5 years ago) PCI Express external wireless NIC that I can lock onto even a weak signal and utilize it. Card was made in Japan.

TBH from what i been seeing over the last 10 years if you are on a wireless setup your chance of running 1 client is alsome but when you try to muti-box you might get 3 running.

But trying to run more than 3 you might not connect at all . IF my brain is working right i think Kyp did a post a few years ago about wireless set up. there was something about locking a port and changing the udp settings .

Good luck .

I've run 6 accounts on wireless to create my own guild, though one kept popping out. Took LOTS of determination to create my own personal guild.

Somewhat embarrassed to admit this but...

When I wanted to set-up my own personal guild, I did *NOT* know about Multi-boxing.

My own two PC's (one for gaming, one for work) weren't a problem, as I share screens, mouse and keyboard between them. My 7-year old son has his computer on a desk next to mine, so that made three.

Had a laptop that I was using to run my JE-taxi = 4

Dug another half-decent laptop out of my "Storage" pile... That made 5.

Then installed the client on my partner's PC at the top of the house (two floors up!), to make up the six.

Lots of running up and down stairs later: I was able to create my own guild.

...And about 18 hours later, discovered Multi-Boxing...

D'oh!

:o

• Upvote 2

I had to +1 that Holyman because it reminded me of my early "multi-boxing" days, I had the client running on an old Compaq Armada M700 just to trade stuff between toons, if I dared to leave the station or gate with that computer it was ... not pretty

H-oh yes... The Bad Old Days...

Including having to run the risk of being Menaced by the CL66 Wife-MOB as I warped past her on my way to do a single mouse-click, two floors up.

Thanks heavenes for Multi-Clienting..!

:D