"aa"s Fixed?

Flip

I hadn't thought of the starter areas, but then again the PRS and Arena (if the sector exists) would not have fields

Giovani

This is news I like to hear, the only other 'rumor' Id like to confirm is "rocky roids" only, I have herd of gas and hydro roids having them also in the past.

If Ores/Hulks are in the Non-Explorer starting sectors, I would have to say someone wasted time setting that one up.  I mean the only logical reasoning I could think of would be for graphical effect say a Gas Field for game immersion for example.  Other than that, why bother configuring and placing a field.

It's not like EnB uses procedural based rendering of the systems, its very basic in how it is done.

If Ores/Hulks are in the Non-Explorer starting sectors, I would have to say someone wasted time setting that one up.  I mean the only logical reasoning I could think of would be for graphical effect say a Gas Field for game immersion for example.  Other than that, why bother configuring and placing a field.

It's not like EnB uses procedural based rendering of the systems, its very basic in how it is done.

It was sort of "flavor", there are indeed areas that miners can't get to currently that have mining resources, of course since miners can't mine them...who is to know if there is anything in them? :). But there are gas clouds etc. in zones that miners don't go to right now.

With that being said, there was a time that there was an "error" on the gating systems, for a few weeks that allowed people to gate through areas that they shouldn't ordinarily get to, like for instance, people that weren't TE could shortcut through Luna to get to Zeigh to Witberg etc. If at that time miners could shortcut through there they could have mined that stuff.

It was a game idea before, that I really liked myself TBH, that at some future date a game dynamic be added, that if you did a set of missions for "attunement", or got enough rep with a class faction, that as a  reward, you got access to their start area, would that not be cool that miners could get a "semi-exlusive" access to whatever ores are there (be it low level ores)? Or that trader classes got "shortcuts" through areas to enhance their trading abilities or vendor rights (that would let them get to L1 vendors easier for ammo builds) etc?

But back to the OP, it was fairly known that the danger fields in VT spawned AA after a restart.....that the Primus upper NE and the SW fields had a AA in them after a restart....that a field in SE had a AA in it after a restart..etc. etc. That after a restart the "in-the-know" folk ran all over as fast as they could to the known spots and tried to get the AA first, never passing on this flaw to the Dev's. This was not WAI, there is never  a clump of fairly "guaranteed" AA spawn designed into the game, nor was there ever a "work the field to refresh to a AA" intended to be in there either. The AA were intended to be a universal random drop item, weather that was ever achieved in this iteration of Live has been achieved is up for debate.

This is the way it was meant to work: at some totally random time, in some totally random rock ore field, some totally random AA was spawned @ a level appropriate to the field it spawned in. Their was no "refresh" rocks odds, there was no timer start odds, there was no location guarantee odds. It was totally random happening in any rock ore field, the only increased odds chance was the simple expedient that if you mined more, more often, you were more likely to be there when it did randomly happen. It was a lottery, you could mine the spot for months and never see one, just like people that play the same ticket for yrs. never do. The only way to increase your chances, just like a lottery, was to be entered more , i.e. be there mining/buy more tickets.

Some people were working an exploit ! I came on line one time (not knowing a restart had just happened) and since I was stockpiling ores for the Agrippa stuff, I had my PS parked in VT all the time to mine the danger fields for them and the L9 ores. I was in the danger field mining and found the AA that popped there after a restart, I can't remember the player now, but they were chewing me out for "robbing" their spawns of hulks and AA rocks. I was a bit bewildered how I had "robbed" their spawns...and they didn't stay around to explain. ( I later found out, when I was telling of my good fortune of a AA to a friend, that a restart had just happened...the attitude from the other player was thus explained). Now was there  a ticket from that player? I never saw one :unsure: , and yet they felt presumptive enough that I had taken their AA/hulks and they were making the galactic tour checking all the spots they knew that they spawned at....clearly they knew about it, were taking advantage of it....and yet no ticket was in about it.....that was the definition of a exploit.